51 coaches online • Server time: 23:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I let the new teams in to a) allow them the chance to get higher TR before Season 2 starts and b) because I reconciled that alot of coaches had retired their teams and not told me... hence our pool of 28 was actually a lot less...

Plus for me personally, I doubt I will be playing much BB before the deadline anyway... I have a hectic weekend this weekend and if I got more than one match in, I'd be very surprised... I know I won't be in the playoffs.

PS - Option 2 does look popular...
DokMatrix

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if it really gives us lower ranked teams a better chance than anyone else to play late into the season, Top. Really, the chances of you playing and losing to a lower-ranked team, while yes, those chances exist, they are probably slim. I would have risked a second game with you if I didn't believe that your team would probably just grind my bones for bread after the slaughter. Very Happy

I'd just like to say that I've had a great time playing in the tournament even though I have only played two games. My opponents' attitudes and play were both praiseworthy. Sorry about not being on more, but reality has caught up with me in the last few weeks. It also doesn't help that the time zone I live in (GMT -5) doesn't really allow me to be on-line at the same times as most of you folks in central Europe and Australia.

I have honestly debated about whether or not to retire my team because my time is so far out of whack with everyone else's, it seems. Not that anyone is at fault here for that. But honestly, does a team (such as mine) really add much to the tournament even though the number of games they contribute to the tournament are slim?

Well, I don't plan on retiring the Greymount Heights United from the tourney just yet; I still have to beat Topper (and the rest of you Wink ) someday. If you do plan on phasing out teams that don't meet a minimum number of games, ClayInfinity, please post about it. I'm sure you will, but I don't really want to get forced out of the tourney without at least posting ONE win sometime. Smile

-Dok
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Dok,

Thanks for the positive feedback... I have retired a few guys due to non-attendance, but I have seen you about on the chat and your place wasn't in doubt... we have had a whole swag of new entrants - I am sure some of them are in the USA - so hopefully you'll be able to record a few more wins.

Cheers,
Clay
MacLeod

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I seem to be having difficulty getting my team approved so I can join the tournament....

Mac
Surtur

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Same here.

Shades of Black, have an urge to enter the infinity open fields... a bad one... Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Surtur - I got your team and you're in...

MacLeod... I haven't seen your application and I don't know why... unfortunately, you will have to be put on the waitlist if it comes through...

SEASON 2 HAS STARTED!!

Game on people!!
Surtur

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2004 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

They are ready... view my little Khornish Pets HERE

They all have pictures now... let's hope none of them dies Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2004 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Geez, Fantastic Surtur

Hope they play as good as they look!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2004 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 2 has gone into last week mode...

Season 3 will roll over and commence at the conclusion of the playoffs... those who are keen on entering Season 3, please apply now!
Willard73

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is it some teams have access to "season 3 warm-ups", and others don't?
Doesn't seem quite fair that some coaches have a chance to earn spp's and $
to strengthen their teams, while others have to wait.
Not trying to be a pest... just wondering.
-Willard73
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the simple thing is that i set the tournament up because I had 30 odd idle teams and i wanted to keep these guys active...

I didn't expect that I would get a dozen or so new applicants...

Next season I will do the same thing, so if you are still in, well you will have the opportunity as well...

Not that many are taking up the offer anyway Sad
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2004 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Semi Final Tonight Between Infinite Alliance and P.A.G.A.N All Stars... 1pm CET, 9pm AET

All spectators welcome!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

What a match! Infinite Alliance defeated the P.A.G.A.N All Stars 2-1 in Overtime

A Great Match! Very close and tight and could have gone either way both in regular time and OT.

Infinite Alliance now await the Final!
theopacman

Post 7 Posted: Apr 10, 2004 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Clay
Have applied to join with the Mexican Storm my little bit to redress the AFL saturation.
I guess on the waiting list but hoping to get amongst it soon
Gonzalillo

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Am i the only who have noticed that there has been a "PACT" invasion in infinityopen??

I only say i found this kind of teams really overpowered, compared with aproved rosters, so, are those coaches taking advantage of the situation??

The solution would be hard to complain everybody, I think all coaching packs, or nobody... so by the moment my Wild Clorofils, as temporal messure will NOT play these teams.
Thats all.Sry to all pact coaches. Sad
 Jump to: