65 coaches online • Server time: 20:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which race will suffer most?
Amazon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chaos
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Chaos Dwarf
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dark Elf
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
Dwarf
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Elf
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
High Elf
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Human
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Khemri
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Lizards
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Necromantic
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Norse
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Nurgle Rotters
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Orc
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Skaven
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Undead
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Vampire
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Woodelves
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
Flings, Gobo, Ogre
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Pie! This is a stupid poll they all suffer the same
19%
 19%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 77

gandresch

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

i played some teams in lrb6 and in our league are a lot more. So i can tell, that i have a 280 Dwarf team, 15 players+Deathroller, 8 RR, average ff, some CL and AC, all positions with 3-5 skills and most of the Blockers with at least 2 skills. With 2 Blockers less and retiring 2 RR (or 3), you receive a rating of about 250 to 260 and have an absolutely mean Dwarf team with Guard and MB on nearly all of the players.
The Norse went up to 280 quite easy and do not have such a good infrastructure than the Dwarf. They need more players and so they would have more problems with the expenses.
A big problem was the Chaos team. You gain 200 TV easy, because of AV8 and being able to do some damage and gain less. But at 200 you see, that there are so many skills you can gain, that every skill has to be taken very wisely or you'll lose to some kind of race or opponent very quickly (bashers, elves ...). The value goes up too easy and there is no end in sight at 240.
SLANN!!! Last season I played Slann. They did very well but lost some players. And that is, why i say, that Slann suffer a lot under the expenses. 4*110k, a krox, 4*80k and no skills. They get crippled very easy and you constantly have to buy new players. I did the 200 TV with some luck and the 20k expenses there made me suffer even more. The team doesn't have that much skills and is still very unstable to play - it's fun of course. But having 13 players at TV 200 (only 2 blitzers and 2 catchers) and not quite close to the skills i want to have, makes me believe that 250 TV is no real limit for such a team. And then they will take cas after cas. There are a lot of good working inducements against Slann, too. A 250 TV Dwarf team doesn't care about induecments, they do their thing. But a Slann team needs the variety.

These are my experiences with lrb6 and different teams. Although you have to remember, that missing players do not count on the TV and you therefor gain perhaps some money, even if you have a high TV.

Greets,
gan
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Another great point gandreesch about TV...if your missing players for a match your TV goes down...SO that match at high TV that you are missing 3 of your star players for the following match can be a blessing in disguise. It might/could drop you 1 or two brackets on the SE chart and thus garner you some spare cash.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

do journeymen count as tv for expenses? wont really affect it much but its a thought on a recovering high tv
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be great if different leagues could tailor spiraling expenses to suit them the best. It might even be worth thinking about raising the spiraling expense levels in the FFB division, although I understand if Christer wants to follow the rule book exactly.
gandresch

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2010 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Journeyman are hired before the match and count for the TV. But a team with those 3 stars (stars have 200+ value) make at least about 600 value. So your SpirExp drop by -3 to -4 for this game. If your team has 14 players at least, you do not hire journeyman.

Greets,
gan
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2010 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

pff, u dont need money if u have a TV of 250. If players die, ur TV will drop and the effect of SE will lessen until you can afford new ones. What's the point of getting rid of an experienced star player in order to replace them with a rookie (or two)?
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2010 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
pff, u dont need money if u have a TV of 250. If players die, ur TV will drop and the effect of SE will lessen until you can afford new ones. What's the point of getting rid of an experienced star player in order to replace them with a rookie (or two)?

Because playing with only 11 players at those TV levels is likely to lead to losses?
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2010 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
It would be great if different leagues could tailor spiraling expenses to suit them the best. It might even be worth thinking about raising the spiraling expense levels in the FFB division, although I understand if Christer wants to follow the rule book exactly.

Yes I would like this thread to start considering the league divions more. What are they going to do, SE is going to cause big big problems in leagues unless the leagues haev the option to turn SE off completely. So any league admins out there let us know what your plans are going to be when the new client is released. Because all the top divions that have no caps could be hit really really hard by this, so hard that the leagues could implode.
nin

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2010 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:

Tailor spiraling expenses for different leagues looks ok.
Raising them for the main div...
...if you mean raising like in raising taxes, so making teams pay moore/sooner it looks a bit excesive.
...if you mean no more or lesser spiralings, I'd be a against. Looks like any coach will be able to build a team about 2200 TV, if that's enought to be competitive in majors then everybody will be able to participate. Without spiralings, majors would be a matter of eight races and hard teambuilders.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2010 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the spiralling expenses wont be bad for divisions not relying on TV/TR, but rather use a promotion/demotion system based on previous season's results.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2010 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have tv 2500 and say 4 rr (let's even go for a chaos team where a rr is worth 70tv each) then that means if you only have 11 players they will be worth on average 202TV, which for a beastman means they have 7 normal skills, ie is impossible without stat upgrades/several doubles. Even a CW needs 5 skills to get to that value.

IMO it is extremely unlikely you can achieve a TV of 2500 without at least 13-14 players.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2010 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:

IMO it is extremely unlikely you can achieve a TV of 2500 without at least 13-14 players.

Spiraling expenses start much earlier than that, though.
 Jump to: