27 coaches online • Server time: 07:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I just wanted to throw my two cents worth out there.

If there was some issue with the current FFB teams validity due to their development during testing, when the FFB goes live, can we put them in the equivalent "Unranked" or just "League" division, instead of deleting them?

Oscar Wilde
nin

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll just paste my coment in Calcium's blog:

"Well, as it looks like at least ranked teams will transfer and grandfather, I don't see why not keep the testing teams. The edge some teams will get is not really bigger than that of some grandpas.
Still, I'd say League or/and may be Ranked. I keep on thinking BBox best is a reset."

I don't use to keep teams for long, but kind of like the ones I have in this new client. If they can stay in the FFB-Ranked, may be I play open again... a little... in tournaments
justagigolo

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The dirty little pixel hugger that I am wants to keep the teams too. Especially since my uber gutter runner hasn't met his untimely demise yet. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7481186 . Yes I know he deserves to die, hence I want to make sure the world has a chance to give him his fitting end rather then disappearing quietly into the void. Dumping the beta teams into the L division seems like a fair compromise as it will not tamper with the "purity" of either of the competitive divisions.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I only play FFB now, so I would really like to keep my teams. I don't think many teams have gained any huge unfair advantage. Most of the skills are working. I've grown attached to my teams, especially my hapless Pact team.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

afaik the teams will just remain active.. if that's different I take notice of it now. I heard that it will be possible to even transfer old ranked teams. I was thinking about expressing extended concern about this as I very much dislike it. But since I saw a poll where the majority was in favor of it I' thought Christer has a hard enough life to make it right for everyone anyways,

Id have high objections to allow old R birthday teams and 12 ogre teams in ffm and to disallow betatest teams at the same time...

...where did you hear of it Grod?

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %16, %2010 - %01:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Afaik all the teams will be deleted/reset once the client is finished. This has always been the idea and has been said before.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Afaik all the teams will be deleted/reset once the client is finished. This has always been the idea and has been said before.

well that would be quite a relief...
burn down all the betatest teams! they are created unjust : )
that's the post i was referencing to http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18972
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The only big 'cheats' that you would have as a result of keeping the FFB teams are the Fanatic and Vamps. Vamps had no BL for a while, but that will not make them amazing by any means. There are no uber-vamp teams I have seen anyway as a result. The Fanatics without B&C right now are a ST7 Goblin which makes them very formidable. Once B&C is implemented they will start to die their natural deaths anyway...
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i so read this as "what to do with curry"...

and now I'm hungry. Sad

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

the main point is that lots of "testing" games have been played while searching for bugs

games like - ok, lets see if the client breaks if we draw 8-8, etc.

so a reset is kinda implied by the whole beta testing process

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

As with LRB4 teams, FFB teams will in the long run get normalized, no matter how much you test, cheat or play during the Beta. I'd vote for FFB teams get the same treatment as LRB4 teams.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Prove me wrong but afaik I cannot recall single time when teams would have been forced to retire due any changes in history of Fumbbl.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see any reason for people to have to lose their teams.

I'm pretty sure the games in FFB are mostly past the serious testing phase anyway, and most games are competitve by now.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
I don't see any reason for people to have to lose their teams.

I'm pretty sure the games in FFB are mostly past the serious testing phase anyway, and most games are competitve by now.

I dunno... that may be so and I don't really have some serious objections either. But the games have been played without rules enforcement, they have been for texting purposes and there were still a bunch of bugs.
BY the way, what about the older FFB teams, have they already been deleted?

Coached didn'T necessarly follow the rules of competetive play and also it is just very nice to see a new division start from a fresh point with equal chances without some older teams spoiling the mix Smile
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Coached didn'T necessarly follow the rules of competetive play and also it is just very nice to see a new division start from a fresh point with equal chances without some older teams spoiling the mix Smile

Since LRB4 teams get converted, the new division is already going to be filled with older teams.