12 coaches online • Server time: 02:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

**LEAGUE NEWS**

DIV 3 PROMOTIONS FILL THE RANKS

Welcome Merv and Chrode to Division 3! Well done getting your games in boys. We're still looking for one more eager beaver to replace the Donut Boys... anyone?

CHAIN GANG TO STAY IN THE PREMIER

Corportate Fraud Chain Gang defeated Madboyz of Mork in their relegation playoff over the weekend, securing their place for another Season in the Premier! Congratulations for Neverborn, commiserations for Cataphract.
You gonna Post a Boast, Bornsey? Wink

Two more playoff matches to come and then we can get stuck into Season 3 in earnest! The Divisions will be started as soon as all places in them are confirmed...

THE CREAM OF THE SOUTHERN WASTES TO TAKE ON THE MIGHT OF THE SVENSKA LIGEN

After several weeks of heated negotiation, an 'international friendly' has been arranged between the SWL Season 2 Champions, Carlton United, and their Swedish counterparts, current Svenska Ligan Title Holders, Necrophilia United. The match is to be played at 8.00pm on Thursday night, so everyone who's able to, come down to the ground and support your Country! Smile
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Also... Gumbi has made it into Division 3! That's it, all spots are filled...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

**MORE LEAGUE NEWS**

The Premier Division is up and running! We've got much the same lineup as last season, with neither of the two playoffs promoting from Div 1. Get into it! Smile

The SWL Awards Ceremony for Season 2 will be held either tonight or tomorrow. We'll be handing out all the usual awards, including the prestigious Twahnlow Medal, so everyone iron your tuxedos! Wink
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Any news on the last playoff??

Is Rip & Burtoni getting it together??

And why was the Scumbags playoff match a 0-0 score... isn't OT required?
whitey

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, after 48 turns and over 3 hours the game was still locked at 0-0. In overtime the ball was kicked short and the lack of re-rolls and pouring rain meant that neither team could get it to move too far. Definately one of the best games i've played, Dwarves vs Orcs is a really good match-up.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

48 turns eh? And no score! Hehe. Very Happy

I've had no news of the last Playoff...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Southern Waste League: Season 3 Preview</b>

<u>Premier Division</u>
Well all eyes this season will be on <b>Carlton United</b> and their quest to repeat the effort of last years championship glory. Carlton deserve early season favouritism and I must admit this division looks decidedly weak. The biggest challenge will rise from the <b>Zen Adepts</b> and the <b>Corporate Fraud Chain Gang</b> but they will be hard to top Carlton for the title.

The <b>Slumbering Skinks</b> surprised everyone by earning promotion from Division 1 but I think this year may see them quickly relegated. On their day, the <b>Southern Scumbags</b> and <b>Manic Mammalians</b> will have their moments, but they should be looking forward to relegation playoffs.

<u>1st Division</u>
The “Black & Blue” Division… this is a tough one. Dwarves, Khemri, Undead, Orcs and the Norse will beat each other senseless. Unfortunately I can’t see the loveable <b>Infectious Groove</b> surviving in this division without an apothecary and will be early favourites for the spoon.

On paper, the <b>Blue Mountain Dragons</b> look the goods with the strongest squad, but that depth will be truly tested against the experienced <b>Adelaide Anvils</b> and <b>MadBoyz of Mork</b>. Also, throw in the destructive power of the <b>Archfiends of Atrocity</b> and the resilience of <b>Creepers</b> and this division is too close to call!

<u>2nd Division</u>
If 1st division is Black & Blue, then the 2nd Division is Lavender and Tangerine… this is where the high flying, long bombing glamour boys (and girls) of the league reside. I think early favouritism is with the <b>Warlizards</b>, but the <b>Bring It On Zons</b> will have a lot to say about that.

The <b>Prince Regeants</b> return from self-imposed exile and will do well as the season progresses whilst the newly qualified <b>Chaosium Ad Nauseau</b>, <b>I-House</b> and <b>Leftover Bit’z</b> will struggle against these quicker teams.

<u>Division 3</u>
A very even division in which every team will have its moments and the telling factor could be a serious injury here or a pitch invasion there… A good mix of playing styles as well will see the best challengers for promotion come from <b>Kano’s Black Tide</b> and <b>Gumbeast United</b>. The lightly armoured Amazons of the <b>Bright Lights</b> and the High Elf <b>Lords of War</b> will also be lighting up on offence, but there is doubt their defences will survive the grind.

<u>Qualifying Pool</u>
This years Qpool provides once again the eclectic mix of novice and rookie teams against seasoned veterans. Looking for promotion, the <b>Southside Stone Smashers</b> look the goods as do the <b>Tweakers</b>.

Of course all will be entertained by <b>Mr Whippy’s Donut Boys</b> and there is a particularly nasty and surly team put together by the Australian Liberal Party… whoever they are…

<b>GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS!!</b>
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The head coach and owner of Infectious Groove, Sir Seeping, was heard bragging about his teams chances in a seedy sewer front tavern..
S.S: Sure they got more players, skills, points, whatever, but have they got what really counts?
Drunken slob: Whassat?
S.S: Heart you fool! My team has plenty of heart. (Brief interlude so Sir Seeping could hack phlem) And liver too! You should see Groove Family Cyco, he has heaps and heaps of every organ. Sure we may be a little weak, but... (Another slight pause, this time caused by S.S's, leperous hand falling under the table) If we stick together, and with this many open wounds, sticking together is really easy, how can we lose?
D.S, Quietly: You can lose by having your slow weak team killed ya fat idiot.
S.S: What's that?! Look, Over there, Naked cherleaders! (S.S. was then seen spitting something into his companion's drink)

At this junction the smell got to even this brave reporter and he was forced to leave the room.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I must say that Clay's wrap of the Premier League seems extremely insightful and accurate to me. Especially the "Carlton deserve early season favouritism", the "this division looks decidedly weak", and the "will be hard to top Carlton for the title" bits. Pure genius! Smile

Anyway,I hear that "all eyes this season will be on Carlton United" and ask that all eyes turn to tonight's international friendly against the current and newly crowned Svenska Ligan champion Necrophilia United! Carlton will be fighting for the pride of our wonderful league tonight. The Undead have an impressive Coach and an equally impressive record, but I think we can come out of this one with the Glory! We've got a few tricks up our sleeves for those Swedish Zombies. Wink

So, come on down to the ground and cheer for your country. Don't none of you be listening to neverborns mutinous grumblings, he's just jealous... Razz

Last edited by Twahn on %b %26, %2004 - %06:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Aussie!
Oi!
Aussie!
Oi!
Aussie Aussie Aussie!!
Oi Oi Oi!

Is it just me or do we as a nation really nedd to work on our anthemy type things

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2004 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Did that international "friendly" go ahead? And whats with all the games not played yet guys?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2004 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have PM'ed Renni re our match, but no response as yet... haven't caught him on the chat either...

Renni... where are yoooooo??
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2004 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

We only started this round last Wednesday, so the number of matches played isn't too bad (except for Div 2, what's with you guys eh?).
Deadline is 3/3 though, so don't nobody get cocky! Smile

The International Friendly didn't go ahead no, as Marley the Swede had ISP problems on the day. I think we'll just claim victory by default and move on! Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello mates,
Mordachai of Svenska Ligan here. Heard about the ISP problems Marley had that day and am sorry that the game couldn't be played as scheduled. If the game can't be played due to this delay I guess you are right claiming WO... ;(

Oh, btw... could you PM me the decision about the game so I know what to do... thanks!

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

RIPNE1!!! Where are you?????

Answer the PM dude, I have a bunch of CD who want to meat your Zons - soooo ...., Bring it Zon! Baby, uh huh, uh huh!
 Jump to: