30 coaches online • Server time: 10:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If the Playoffs are a KO tournament, not all team will end up with 6 games...

What we'll end up with is 24 teams with 3 games, 4 with 4 games, 2 with 5 games, and 2 with 6 games. Given that the teams who will be getting the most games will also be those that are most successful initially, they will be considerably stronger than the others by the end (especially the four semi-finalists).
I personally don't think it's a HUGE problem (some teams are Manchester United, others are Manchester City, it can be challenging and fun to play a game as the underdog... Wink ). Then again, I'm pretty certain to be one of the teams with 6 games, so maybe I'm biased... Razz

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
UHI

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm right, so the only problem left is the time span the other teams have to wait
StoneAge

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

For the teams that don't make it to the play off's give them 1 more game picked at random.

This means you then have 32 teams with 4 games, 4 with 5 games and 2 with 6 games
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Something like this, yes. Or else maybe extend the season to 6 games? That way you've got a spread of 6-9 games having been played which will be a smaller gap in TR/STR...

quota

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally a simple solution that doesn't mean we have to do 6 rounds of Swiss or something. One game at random I can live with, but other than that I think making groups and whatnot is going over the top. Personally I don't care if someone have played more games than me, if I meet an opponent with more games at least I can use that as an excuse when I lose Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

How about one game for everyone not in playoff. Your oppoent will be found based on TS (I think TS says more).

After a week everyone including the quarterfinal losers will get one more game still based on TS

This gives everyone 5 or 6 games.

When I set these games up I'll just start a 1 round swiss tournament for those interested, I can choose to make it based on TS which will make it a lot easier. I probably split the preseason games into areas as much as possible (don't think AUS or US will be able to enlist 8 teams each which does that I have to merge them, but we'll see)
quota

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds good to me Hovring. It's nice and simple and I get to play my favorite human team. What? What do you mean I only have one human team? Oh, I see. Well, technically that still makes it my favorite human team, right? Okay then.

Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If noone object then it'll be like this, maybe not the best solution, but it's something
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

the nightmare season that is the Newtown Takeaway from group G continues. 2 heavy poundings see this team on the brink of extinction.

read the menu of suffering here
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehehe... never fear, your next opponents are set to be in much the same shape once they get to Round 3!

cataphract

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

muwhahahahahah

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Your lucky ozjesting!! Two of my players decided to take the easy way out of their contracts.

RIP: Glenn Archer and Matthew Llyod
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I have noticed that my score is incorrect. I have won 2 games, scored 7 TD, and caused 6 Cas, but my score is listed at 38. My math tells me it should be 51. How do I fix this problem??
quota

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

BloodRunners wrote:
I have noticed that my score is incorrect. I have won 2 games, scored 7 TD, and caused 6 Cas, but my score is listed at 38. My math tells me it should be 51. How do I fix this problem??

Aye, it counts TDs as 2 and cas as 1, dunno.

Your score is 51 as I can see *shrug*

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ARG ! Fisrt season has ended for my Barcelona Telekom, and all my boys have the sensation to have been stolen !
In our last match against the Utrech men, an ugly 6 turns riot broke all my chances to make more points to get in the head of group E.

Anyway has been a nice last match (3-1 is a good result ) and I hope next season Barcelona climbs up the highest round of the World cup !
 Jump to: