50 coaches online • Server time: 22:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Mine was when I asked someone to play my Khemri with his Amazons. He replied, "My Zons are not going to play your ****ing ****head Khemri."

Naturally, I expected this, and so I immediately rectified it by asking him for a gentler game of Zons vs Zons. To this he said, "Don't be a ****ing dumb***."

I'm not naming names, and I don't want you to, either, but just share your recollections with us.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

As anyone who has the audacity to play something other than halflings can tell you, it's just plain offensive to request a game with an equal str oponent. If you are playing a non elf/halfling team your only interest in playing is clearly to hurt their inocent little players, so your just a down right ornery S.O.B. to ask them for a game. They have every right to tell you to go F#$k yourself because you are a nasty soulless monster to want to play them. So I for one would like to come out and take a stance against starting a conversation like this, shame on you pred_dechande. Evil or Very Mad

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hee hee, so the flames are going to come, I like it. Seriously, though, I was expecting a no but isn't that a tad overboard? I mean, sure, Khemri are strong, but they're hardly offensive, and quite easy to beat without getting hurt, i.e. running away. And, before you ask, yes, I have played str vs str, and I like it, so I no longer care what team offers me a match; as long as it's fair, I will accept. Also, like I said, I was just asking Khemri vs Zons on a lark, ok? I'm not a souless monster whoe refuses to have a chance of getting my players hurt, I'm just a joker.

Unxerxes

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The rudest turndown I've had (a lot) is simply no reply... I mean, is it that much a bother to type a simple "no thanks"? It's not like it will wear out the keys on your keyboard (well, a bit maybe but no more then usual I would suspect Smile) and at least the one offering a game has an answer so he can look elsewhere... Instead of waiting for fifteen minutes for a reply that never comes <Insert really pissed off smiley here>

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally don't like the instances where I'm offered a game, and then are declined that game once I message back because I was "too slow" and they got another game (on the order of 10-15 seconds). I understand that some coaches don't reply (I have done this on rare occassion, but only normally when I'm in a bad mood IRL), but if you actually offer a game to someone, you should be prepared to fulfill that offer.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if you misunderstood me pred-dechande, i was being sarcastic. I play any team with tr and str roughly equal to mine regardless of race or coach rating. If you don't play a good variety of teams you aren't playing blood bowl and have no right ot call yourself a coach imo. But for all who are interested my elf teams will glady play your bashy teams, not that i think any of you will have the balls to take on my chaos. Cool

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Unxerxes:
I've sometimes being already in the game when somebody offers me an other match. And usually I won't look at irc during games so it might take an hour to answer, sorry for this :/
Unxerxes

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Vero, wasn't inteded to you (can't even remember for sure you left me hanging ever Smile) and I really don't mind if after an hour or more they still come back and give their first reply being "sorry, was already in a game" or something similar. I just get ticked off with the ones who don't bother to reply at all... Or those who first type "BB lfg" and quit the chat a few seconds after you offered to play them with whatever team (hasn't happened much tho so no real large complaints here)...

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, thmbscrws, it's just that I DO play some halfling teams, and so I kinda thought you were truly being serious. Wink No hard feelings, though.

Vero

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Unxerxes, I know. Just wanted to tell there's reasons for some cases where there comes no answer Smile
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yar.. I often give no answer as I often type bblfg and when nothing happens quickly I tend to wonder about the house and get distracted. When I come back to the keyboard 20 minutes later I don't bother to respond to any old stuff.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I notice that if i do a bblfg on IRC its alwasy a bashy team wanna play my Skaven. Area bashy taem coaches sadists? I really don't know, not once has anyone offered to play my orc team, apart from one guy who i asked "hey can i play my n00bie orcs against your Lizards?" he said yes, we played the game, he beat me one-nil, but still i had to go asking for someone to play my bashy team. I choose to play another bashy team cos i thought it was "fairer" than taking on a n00bie elf/gobbo/'fling/skaven team that would either leave my orcs staring at the dust patch that was once a player or pound the poor little sods into the ground. I once spectated a game where a DE taem was mericilessly pounded by the Chaos player. All thoughts of the ball were forgotten and causing casualties was his plan. being a Chaos player tho, i couldn't quite see as to whether he was playing to the spirit of the team or just looking to punish a poor lowly DE team cos they would be an easy win after his previuos defeat.... I still wonder now.

sorry rabbitted on a be there. perhaps not the best to post neither sorry.
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, you do know how to describe things. Get out of my thread! Evil or Very Mad Just kidding. Thanks all for sharing, if anyone else has more feel free to keep posting 'em.

thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had equal str khemri and dwarves refuse to play my chaos because they are to bashy, I don't even have a dp lol.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate it when people go LFG, then turn down equal match-ups for no apparent reason. And I'm not asking halflings for a game using dwarves either, it's often (believe it or not) my Elf team that this happens to..
 Jump to: