26 coaches online • Server time: 08:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Funso wrote:
Someone said no reply at all was rude.

When I type "bb lfg" and everyone sees I have an elf team of 120tr/str, I get around 5 or 6 replies within seconds suggesting my elves play their Dwarves/Orcs/Chaos Dwarves/Chaos/Kemhri.

Well, Screw you, you twerp, you deserve all the rudeness you get!

Nah, I'd say that depends on the strength of the challenger. Especially at lower TRs agility teams can be quite competitve with strength teams due to the absence of block, tackle and injury-related skills (chaos dwarves and especially dwarves might be too strong though, even at low TR).
I think it's quite more annoying to get offers by Claw/Tackle/MB/RSC/Dirty Player sides which are stronger with regard to both TR and STR when you lfg with a severly damaged (11 players of which half of them were skillless lineelves) woodie side.
Most annoying offer for a game was a dwarf coach (about 240/240) challenging my woodies (200/200) and telling me why I wouldn't play them since the team would have an extraordinarely good record against dwarves. Quite surprised by that statement, I've checked the matches of the team (143 games) and found out that it had played against all races (not counting the new ones here) but dwarves.
Intriguingly, such coaches never want to play against my lizzies and khemri (I often return the courtesy and challenge their agility-sides with my khemri), not even with their strength sides. Pathetic.

Nevertheless, I always try to answer all offers politely.

Sometimes though I just reply with "EMU?".
dertre

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

agredd with funso... got 6 teams and 1 welf 266/223
yesterday evening while bb lfg all i got is 3 chaos team proposing a game to welfs (only 1 was acceptable)... perhaps there (is?) should be a way to report coach that are proposing completeley unfair games (i mean in rat/strg).
Funso

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no way to report them, after all, they aren't doing anything wrong, technically, you can ask for a game against anyone.

Having said that, these people are pathetic, and all rudeness is acceptable when targetted against them.
dertre

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

you are right i will add a hit hard coach list Wink
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd much rather play a strength team at a low rank than up higher. Chaos, for instance, has an extremely weak start. Sure, they may get a few more 2d blocks on you than an elf team, but they are also going to be failing actions constantly because of a lack of RR and skills. Newbie WE vs newbie chaos is going to result in a WE win and is not likely to result in particulary more cas than playing another elf team.

It hardly seems fair to lable somebody as "rude" just because they offer your agility team a match with their strength team. Any team, even Dwarves, can be developed in a way thay does not rely on killing an opponent's players. I've got a Dwarf team at ~180 str that has a single MB. Oddly enough, people are far more willing to play my orcs or skaven, both of which have more cas causing skills and therefore more cas than the dwarves. At least take a look at the team before you decide that that the coach is a jerk.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Funso wrote:
There is no way to report them, after all, they aren't doing anything wrong, technically, you can ask for a game against anyone.

Actually, anyone who proposes (as detre states) completely unfair games TR/ST wise IS breaking Fumbbl rules, which state that (recovery games aside) TR/ST matchups should be fairly even, resulting in fair and competetive games.

However, these things tend to sort themselves out - such as the new rule in R requiring mid-level teams be within 40 ST of each other or else the results are not uploadable.

Or you could ask coaches whose teams have been retired for taking advantage of lower ST teams consistently to generate SPP or wins...
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2004 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

What is rude about offering to play a game? Are you saying that elves can't handle a team of near equal strength? Now, if it was 5 or 6 replies with offers from teams that are 30-40 strength higher...that I could see being a problem.

Personally, I almost always look at their team before I respond to an offer...and sometimes that could take a few minutes to get loaded. (usually less though). Sometimes, I get to doing other things on the computer..surfing, watching TV, phone call, and I miss the offer entirely...then 15-30 min later realize that I haven't been paying attention..by then, I figure they already think I"m an a-hole so I don't bother trying to explain it....just close the chat window Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2004 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a good one. Smile Well, I suppose I should make a new one of this thread with a poll.

BlackBart

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2004 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Cant say I have had too many rude turn downs, although I can admit to being one of the non-responsive types occasionally, this is not due to me not wanting to play. I just have mirc configured so that it does not play any sounds. So I often just dont see any private messages until long after they were sent. Considering my ridiculasly short attention span I am often browsing several web sites/downloading pron/looking for a good net-radio station/ reading a book/etc.... If my mirc is not the program on top, there is no indication that I was sent a message. So please accept my apologies in advance, I am not intentionally ignoring you.

On the opposite subject, I will say about the only time I have had a rude encounter at all in fumbbl was someone asking me for a way unbalanced game. Wanting to play against a seriously damaged skaven team I had vs a khemri team that was way above my ST, when we both had other teams that were more evenly matched. (I will usually play any team that is even in the ballpark of my TR/TS, but I have my limits.) Then the coach goes and starts complaining in the open channels about whiney coaches that wont play his team cause they are too bashy etc.... Honestly about the only complaint I have ever had about fumbbl is the amazing amount of cherry picking that seems to infect this league at times. But I still enjoy it here overall =)

Sorry I'm such a long winded old goat.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2004 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Gor Tex no problem with game offered (i am bored when i get none) but two of them were like 25-30 strg diff chaos.

Furthermore, i wanted to point that out of 6 teams ranging from 135/140 to 266/233 these were the only offers i got...

Seems that lfg is not working as well as it was a few month ago when i started here... perhaps it needs a thread cause the channel tends to become somewhat overcrowded.

lots of people lfg, most of them not even looking to other ones lfg, sending back their own lfg very few after they made the first... and so and so
Leite

Post   Posted: May 02, 2004 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well in case you want some laughs!!! Shocked
Here it is a very good DE vs DE match... Sad

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=328765
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: May 02, 2004 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Today I asked a game with either my Orcs or my Chaos Dwarfs vs his Khemri. Both approx. his TR/TS. His 'coach' rating is some 25 (!) points above me.

I figured I'd learn a thing or two vs such an experienced coach. (hopefully)

He said 'no'

I responded 'ok' & 'no problem'

Then continued with; 'would you care to tell me why not? Curious"

The reply; 'get lost'

Must be me. Very Happy

Ah well; that's another one on my ignore list. I would have liked to know why he wouldn't play me. Seconds before he was hammering 'bb lfg'. My teams are not very killy (A big guy with mb. That's it! Not even a dp in either team!) so I was really curious...
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 02, 2004 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

What I find annoying is when people use bb lfg and don't bother to specify what teams they actually want to play with. There is nothing worse that someone filling 3 lines of chat with teams they have no interest in playing. I also can't wait for bb lfg needing to be privately messaged to bowlbot.
PhilMan

Post   Posted: May 02, 2004 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

the worst ive had happened today actully, i was offering a game my orcs against his elves in unranked (my tr/st was about 10 points below his), i got no reply, and abotu 2 minuites later, he did another bb lfg, so i typed in again, 'hey, ill play your elves with my orcs', still completely ignored me, i tried to speak to him several times, never replied once, and he was still bb lfg regularely in main chat.

thinking about it now, i have 2 orc teams in unranked, he was probobly looking at the one that was about 50 above him instead, oh well...

"Best Bar in This Street"
dertre

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yesterday can't remember which coach lfg only for Helfs 263/234 i proposed welfs 266/223

answer : i can't afford to play a team with one DP (got 1 dp and 1 mgt blow...)

what kind of game is he expecting to find at these levels ?? i laughed at him...
 Jump to: