27 coaches online • Server time: 11:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is this a good idea?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
With a little work, Yes
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
Go back and sleep
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

Jahira

Post 1 Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I was Wondering if you people wanted to see an open tounement for the BIG teams (i wont play myself as i would host it and considered as a way to get games) by big teams i mean i invite teams that actually would have a chance at winning any kind of tounement... that means no slayer teams that don't win more then they lose... just so you elfs can enter too... if however the slayerteam is winning on a regular bassis i will take em in... if i find that they have a chance at winning... this tounement is greatly held by me inviting people to it... but if you find that i have missed your team then you can aply as you like? anyone got any oppinions at this...

yes i know it's almost like fumbblcup but that's the point... getting more high tr tounements up and running as i see alot of ... rooting teams hanging around

Give me your best blow
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Soft Jahira - I submitted an idea to Christer a couple months back for a sort of similar idea. Basically the top 8 "ranked" team of 16 races would square of in a tourney. There were 3 preliminary type rounds where you played against your own race twice and an opposite race once (ie bashy vs agile). Then the final 16 teams would square of in a KO tourney seeded by TR. I kept all the details here in an excel sheet. Christer looked at it and said they might think about it for the next FUMBBL cup.

If you are one of the top 8 teams in your race you can choose to bow out and then team #9 would go in your place, etc. By choosing the top teams by ranking, you automatically disqualify bashy teams that don't win.
Jahira

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

By ranking... that means darkelfs that terrefying annachists would be shut out?
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

well .....yes ... that would be a drawback. So in that way it IS different from your suggestion.

Mine is more of "who is the really the king of the top <b>ranked</b> FUMBBL teams in open".

Where as yours is more "who is the king of the top <b>TR</b> teams in open".

Both would be good tourneys I think.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon top TR's would be both more fun and better, but tis just my opinion.

Even top ten STR might be more fun.

Flings Rule!
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Clementus - I like my idea more (of course) because it doesn't take any skill to become a top TR/STR team in FUMBBL, just longevity. There are plenty of teams out there that are at +250 TR that have woefull records.

Crowning one of those as King of FUMBBL doesn't seem quite right. Just my opinion.

Now if my friend Soft Jahira put in limits like +250 TR and at least a 66% win percentage then it would make alot more sense.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely longevity is an impressive thing in Bloodbowl, but aye a win cap might be useful. Cant imagine a team that doesnt win many would do well in the tournament anyways, but i am a little worried about some of the teams which might get through, such as khemri sides with all dp's, pointless and never really gonna win, but would possibly get in unless a tr cap and a win cap is set. Like the idea Mully, but i think that ranking might lead to some weak sides entering, just because they have done well at their level, might not be able to cope with high TR's.

Flings Rule!
Jahira

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My idea was to invite the best teams... judged by me...
That means...
no freaking slayers that don't win... and i don't realy care about ranking as some great coatches aren't in it... namely Evolve...
and i can understand that some might think ranking is the way to go... but (to defend meself also) i don't like it and is not in it anymore.
Does that mean that we suddenly became loosers at the game?`

So what i wanted was to invite the greatest teams to face off... that means just fast looking that there are some serius teams thats not gonna get invited...
 Jump to: