30 coaches online • Server time: 01:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CoachBob

Post 4 Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello coaches!
Thank you very much for showing interest from now on this is going to be your thread to post your thoughts, things to say, trash talk, suggestions and what not.
Have fun all and best of luck!
CoachBob
Desdinova

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

One thought I had, having to play only 2 of each elf type, might be a problem, UNLESS there are an equal number of each type of elf teams, right? (because if there are twice the number of one type, some of those coaches will get fewer games)
Des.
CoachBob

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Desdinova wrote:
One thought I had, having to play only 2 of each elf type, might be a problem, UNLESS there are an equal number of each type of elf teams, right? (because if there are twice the number of one type, some of those coaches will get fewer games)
Des.

You are absolutely right, I'm going to remove that rule.
CB
CoachBob

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

2 corrections to our rules"
a. Coaches must play every race atleast 1s.
b. Each coach should be able to play atleat 8 matches.
if you guys have something to suggest please do.
Thank you!
CB
Athoria

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

so how do we join? Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd to play in the khaines cup how do I compete?

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Athoria69 wrote:
so how do we join? Smile

Gents the link is on the very fron page. Pay attention doodie heads j/k
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=889
CB
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

looks pretty good, not plaed the new elves yet, want to give them a spin Smile
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we choose an official game finding channel, it'd make life easier for those of us too lazy to look through the list in main chat

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea
Tryin out channel '#KC' hop on to test it.
Thanks!
CB
Athoria

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2004 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not understanding the point system. Basically your saying that if you play a really high TR team and get very, very lucky and beat them, you get a zillion points? But a good player playing an equaly rated team, who gets a good amount of cas and td's, is gonna make almost nothing in points? How is that fair. That kind of system is not based on play skill, but entirely on luck.

Help me out here... give us just a little more detail. Smile

Thanks,
Athoria69

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2004 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

this tournment is running fine, most of the matches are very beutiful to see too..
anyway i must say that if i had known before about tr and str diff calculated, i would have not played my last two games.
it ends too in people firing players to go down in tr and get more points..
anyway i guess with such a low points for losing a game the one that will win 7 or 8 matches will lay his hands on the cup
one thing that's not clear to me is when this T will be over?
and too after round robin we will get the playoffs or just play another tournment with the same team?
grats Bob all the same this T is great Smile
Frikipe

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would have playoffs with the 8 better teams, you know 1 vs 8 2 vs 7 3 vs 6 4 vs 5. Would be a solution to the firing players, etc problem.
CoachBob

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!
A few very good points have been brought up, I'm liking it, I'm thinking about implementing points for td and cas difference, but they will be implemented after the regular season is done with.
We keep loosin and gaining new coaches, we had 34 teams , went down to 31 and now we have 32 once again, which is all fine.
There will be a post season, no questions asked, after that there will be next season with I'm thinking about 2 or 3 divisions, we will have a lil Euro-soccer-style league where 2-3 teams will be promoted and loosers demoted into lower divisions, I feel like I have to do it cause there are alot of great euro coaches on here and I think all of you deserve to have league like this. My God my luck has sucked so far so bad, no tds at all, I might have to retire my team lol, but the main idea is the fact that this is something that no one has had going so I think, I dont really know, after all I'm new on here.
The solution is this, play teams close to your tr/st which would give you more points, play weaker teams and show that you have some guts and you arent afraid to loose, after all what fixes everything is the td n cas difference WHICH will be done in the end.
Teams being up there in standings will make it into the post season, if they are afraid to play their 8 matches out they will be just seeded lower and would be forced to play straonger TR wise teams, they will be seated lower in other words.
There are many more ideas, I just have to experiment more and more, but calculating points for 30+ teams eveyday is no fun belive me Smile.
So lets say it is the nezt season already. we have 30 teams left, willin to go on, I think we would split up into 2 divisions 15+ teams in each based on tr/st/point earned/cas/td difference, and we will start from there, will play 8 games once again etc... you know.
Thank you for your time!
CB
p.s. Check your PMs soon, cause some spam some of you might be interested in is coming Razz, HF and GL!
CoachBob

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Tourney table add on on our page, no drulling please Smile
CB
 Jump to: