42 coaches online • Server time: 19:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

first off noone is responsible for your actions but yourself. i didn't force my oppenent to dodge away and kill his catcher, he choose to dodge away. so all threats are empty threats. You are either going to foul or you are not noone makes you foul. now me on the other hand the devil made me do it
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

hey, it DOES prevent people from stalling Razz cripple a few players and they learn quickly not to stall Razz or at least not to stall and leave one or two players away from the cage on the goal line Smile
chunky04

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone who stalls should expect their opponents to do whatever is in their power to force them to score. Whether that be threatening the ball carrier or killing off their other players. I know I do when I stall.

There are also two sides to the stalling coin - every turn he stalls is one where you might be able to get to the ball carrier. Many times an opponent of mine has stalled that one turn too many to his detriment. Even if you can only throw a two dice block against on the ball carrier, do it - if you succeed it may well stop his td altogether.

I also stall a lot to try and get a specific player to score if I get far enough on top. Certain players always benefit greatly from this, such as flesh golems, longbeards, rotters, players who'll get a skill from it etc. If I've played well enough to be able to do this, I feel free to try and distribute the rewards as I want.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a favourite fumbbl memory of mine...

my Wood Elves vs some Dwarves... they started stalling for a draw... I fouled a coupla times, killing a St4 Longbeard, and Niggling a 20-something SPP one as well...

my opponent got REALLY MAD and I just kept on... he started sending people to try to hurt me back... when his cage was weakened by just two players, my Wardancers stepped in (leapt in), kept in, and my brave elves pulled off a length-of-the-field TD play.

There's just one of the problems with stalling... if you're a sensitive chap, you'll mess it up when stuff goes wrong.
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't think of that as stalling..stalling is when you can score with no rolls at all, but don't.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Covertfun wrote:
Just a favourite fumbbl memory of mine...

my Wood Elves vs some Dwarves... they started stalling for a draw... I fouled a coupla times, killing a St4 Longbeard, and Niggling a 20-something SPP one as well...

Is the replay still online? What match was it? 'twould be fun to watch the replay.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm I stall because my opponents usually concede when I do (they think im going player hunting) So ill keep doing it as it pays very well (I mean nearly double money and an extra MVP)

Michael_Warblade
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

u stall, i foul. i expect nothing less!
Goblinux

Post 18 Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
heh foul me all you like won't stop me stalling

my players will all take one for the team!

I fully agree with Grum here. If I get fouled when stalling, you will get that foul back and if I am stalling this means I have you outnumbered, which goes to fouling with more assists than opponent.
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well normally I dont like to stall, but in my last game, my wood elf opponent thought it would be clever to not even try and stop me scoring, but to dodge away from the balll, and let me score. He deliberately allowed me to advance straight to the try line.

So of course I stalled, and started maiming his players with my blitzes. It was stupid because he gave away all chance of winning. Ah well, on fumbbl there are all sorts of players...

Oscar Wilde
EcLiPsE

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

best thing that happened to me was a game i was going to win high and leave my endzone a virgin. on his offence move the coach told me to 'pls let him score a TD, or else he would have to do sth he doesn't like'. at this point of the game my star wd was prone behind 'enemy lines'.
i told him to do his worst and he did (had to retire my wd cause he got his 2nd niggle) but i won 5-2 humiliating his team.
imho you don't need to justificate your fouls (as you don't need to justificate to take all the possible blocks). if you're in the mood: foul, kill, maime and destroy! but you should be able to bear the consequences.

<irony> imho in TT noone will foul you on turn 8 with no purpose, especialy if you're bigger than them Wink </irony>
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
That's why I have rule #1: Always foul a staller. Now, if you have been playing carefully, they should never be in a position to stall you in the first place unless you have lost a lot of players, but the threat of the boot can help speed up that goal.

Heh, this doesn't work for me at all. I just foul back. Wink Same thing goes for the staller. You should never put yourself into a position where you can let your opponent scare you into scoring from fouling. They want to foul, go ahead. I'll just return the favour.
ElectricBoogaloo

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Good coaches don't stall, they take 8 turns to slowly move up the pitch. Big difference.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have a wizard, your opponent will be less interested in stalling. Their turtle-tactics are vulnerable against Fireballs. Twisted Evil
Renegade

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The thought of a studded boot crushing ones nether regions is somewhat... appealing Neutral
 Jump to: