56 coaches online • Server time: 21:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

y no fluff?

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2012 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing though, your plague bearers would be the only st4 dudes without S access in the game. Now, I understand that adding S access would be a huge buff for them but that is just another reason for them to drop down to st3 and maybe get av9 and/or Regeneration. This would also allow the Horrors to be st3 too.
Bloodletters work for me, and the other two are heading in the right direction imo Smile
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2012 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,
sorry for the delay. Did a bit more thinking.

Cevap - I'm aware that Plaguebearers are the only ST4 players without S-access. I can't say I'm overly bothered by it.
I can see how dropping plaguebearers to ST3 and upping their toughness makes sense, but I have to say, for me this kills off one of the team's defining features. If they don't have the 8 ST4 players, then they start to look too much like just a random collection of statlines. I like the theme.

Pythrr - I do follow fluff. Just the latest GW fluff instead of the older fluff. For the most part this is great, as it allows me to ignore the pink=>blue horror mechanic, which was impossible to replicate without special rules.
However, even if regen is not a part of WFB/40K plaguebearer stats, one might argue that a precedent has been set in the BB world bu the Nurgle team. So BB plaguebearers have to have Regen...

I'm thinking Av7+Regen would be about as good as the AV8 thing. Perhaps a tad weaker. But, as I said, more in keeping with the Rotters fluff. And as stated earlier, buffing the ST4 players is not that desirable, as the ST4 players are already the obvious picks.

So maybe this:
0-4 70K Plaguebearer 4417 Foul Appearance, Regenerate; G(M)
0-4 70K Bloodletters 6417 Horns; GS(M)
0-4 70K Daemonettes 7347 Claw, No Hands; GA(M)
0-4 70K Pink Horrors 8237 X-arms, Pass; GPM
70K rerolls. Apoth as normal.

Cheers
Martin
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2012 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

This team does not give anyone clawpomb without doubles: thumbs up!

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2012 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If I understand correctly the skill access, Pink Horrors can get it without a double.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2012 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
If I understand correctly the skill access, Pink Horrors can get it without a double.

i guess you didn't understand correctly Razz

Horrors don't have S access, which is required for pomb. They can get claw on normal, though.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2012 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I don't like this team. They're unrealistic stats to make the 4 positions able to play together.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2012 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

eight st4 players
four players starting w claw.

this is retarded.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2012 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's based on the current WFB incarnations, which has daemonettes moving 6 inches, bloodletters 5", and plaguebearers 4", the horrors are way too fast; they also move 4". But I can see how that'd be bad for team design purposes, they'd definitely need changing if you brought them down to M4 or 5. So maybe you could take inspiration from the Stunty Leeg Tzeentch team, where they all have ttm & right stuff to represent a magical warp/teleport movement sorta deal. That also gives them a very distinct style compared to other teams. So that'd be;
Pink Horrors 5237 X-arms, Pass, TTM, Right Stuff; GPM
Not sure about how you'd price that though, and I get the impression you may see the extra skills as 'overdescribing' or 'mucking up the roster'.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2012 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

8 players w/ ST 4

and...

4 players with AG 4 claw

and...

4 players with MA7 who happen to handle the ball at 2+

all for...

An average price of player at 7.5 TV! You really might want to turn down the fluff or turn up the price.

__Synn
**You mean someone used this team and didn't defecate wins?
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2012 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if you'd want a team with some unique flavor, how about dropping access to all skill categories, but giving them mutations as normal.

now you have 8 players with 4st, 4 with claw, etc...but virtually no block/wrestle/tackle or strength skills...just a load of mutations to create ball carriers, blitzers, and bruisers. maybe even tweak up the av or so.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2012 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

my version of the daemon team

0-1 demon prince 4 5 2 8* SM decay
0-2 Bloodletters 5 4 2 7* mightyblow, frenzy, decay M
0-2 Plaguebearers 4 4 2 7* thick skull, foul appearance, decay (flies) M
0-2 Daemonettes 6 3 4 7* Claw, hypnotic gaze, decay M
0-2 Pink Horror 6 3 3 7* Big Hand, regenerate, decay M
0-12 Spawn 6 3 2 8 tentacles M

daemonic aura (immune to av affecting skills/mutations except stakes) however, this also causes instability on the material world and therefore they suffer from decay.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2012 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,
Synn & Pythrr - I respectfully direct you to Garions comment on page 1. After playing them for 10 games he found he likened them to a tier 3 team! Not exactly overly powerful.

I think what may have thrown you off is that while everything looks quite nice, you can't have everything on the pitch at once. Unlike all other teams you can't field all the good stuff + some lineman fillers.
Also, while each position brings something to the table, they do so at a linemanesque powerlevel.

Arktoris - cute idea, except daemons don't mutate that often.

Xnoelx - I sould probably cut back the Horrors MA to 7. That being said it's a fairly flexible stat. WFB humans, like Horrors, have a MA of 4. That translates to 6 in BB on the linemen, but 7 on the blitzers and indeed 8 on the catchers.
As for the teleport TTM/RS idea, it is awesome. However, it is also far too outlandish for something intended to be a "serious" house rule team. (Not to mention the fact that it is very weird that they have to teleport eachother, rather than themselves).

Cheers
Martin
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2012 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I realise movement doesn't translate directly, it was more about the comparison to the speed of the other daemons, i.e they're joint slowest, not out & out fastest. But yeah, as I said, I see how that's bad for the design of the team. And the TTM/RS is another of those things which try to represent a facet of the fluff using existing skills, so it can seem a bit forced. Although, still great fun to use.