71 coaches online • Server time: 20:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think?
This looks fun, i'll seek the holy grail of a slann vs. ogre matchup
63%
 63%  [ 76 ]
I don't know, i'd rather play a Pie team and see if i draw space marines
24%
 24%  [ 29 ]
Nah, in my views of bloodbowl fluff, in the end there is only chaos
11%
 11%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 119

happygrue

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2012 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Emeric wrote:
@happygrue : I like the idea, it's easy to calculate indeed. I'll do that (tomorrow probably).

Yay! I think it would produce nice and useful numbers (and from 0-100, what more could we want?), but I guess we'll see once the data is plugged in for sure.

Another suggestion: An award for at least 1 game played with every race - I don't have any orc or ogre teams at present and some motivation to create them might be useful Very Happy
jundru

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2012 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The group start to be great Smile

I have 4 empty lines, dark elfs, elfs, haflings and humans. Tomorrow i will create the 4 teams....new hafling team avaible for all Very Happy
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2012 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had another look at my teams for this - I tend to activate (almost) all my [B] teams and take the luck of the draw - its given me 30 different match-ups so far from 34 games, which is pretty awesome. I've also managed to get 22 of the 24 possible lines done!

I may start "cheating" the system a little, and just activating teams I've not played as before, so I'm guaranteed to get some new ones!

Anyways, I've chucked in my ogres so I can be added... someone's got to be bottom of the pile Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2012 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've sent in a request too. I don't look forward to doing a Chaos line, but hopefully it will influence some others to do interesting races..

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2012 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos teams can be built up in many ways. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2012 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the original post I’ve been hashing out an idea that I wanted to present to Emeric to further increase the motivation widen people’s Box variety.
pubstar had the same thought, and beat me to the [FTBG] prefix on his box teams that he is creating specifically to fill his missing grid pieces. Very cool, but let’s add another bonus for attempting and accomplishing these goals with [FTBG] teams.

An [FTBG] League. As you plug away filling your grid in Black Box with [FTBG]teams, every milestone you hit along the way will entitle you to play one game inside of the [FTBG]League. The more grid you fill, the more games you can play in the League, the higher your team’s standing will be in the exclusive [FTBG]League.

Here are the specifics, if the idea has you intreagued. The only additional requirement is to start new Black Box teams with the [FTBG] prefix in their name so were are all on equal footing to begin.
As far as how the exclusive [FTBG]league will run, create two team’s to join the League with. One will be with a [C] suffix (challengers) and one will be with an [S] suffix. (spoilers)
Everytime one of your [FTBG] box teams hit a milestone, you main team, the [C]hallanger can have one game in the league against anyone else’s [S]spoiler team. Just put your team on gamefinder, or irc, and get a game in against another league member who wants to play. Your challenger and spoiler teams can be any type you want. Maybe your spoiler is CLAWPOMB to try and destroy the opposition’s challenger teams. Maybe it’s elves to try and get games and win. Maybe it’s stunties so everyone will challenge you, and you get tons of stunty practice in a League where it doesn’t affect your stats. (very cool) There will be quarterly prizes for the top of the exclusive [FTBG]League in the Challanger and Spoiler team catagories. I will make them cool trophies, of course.

What are the milestones that allow you to play a game in the [FTBG]league?
When any [FTBG]Box team achieves any of the following, that coach gets to play one League game with his [C]hallanger team in the league. You need to clearly state what milestone one of your Box teams achieved in the game comments after the match. (so League admin can verify each match) Your challenger team’s bio page will also list each Black Box grid milestone achieved, for easy verification of matches played. The achievements:
The first mirror match a team has. (playing against the same race. eg: amazon vs. amazon)
5 race’s played, then 10 races played, 15, 20, and finally GRID FILLED with a team.
With all of the races in CRP, this could go quite quickly at first, or take a while. It’s up to you really.

I think it would be cool to have a tangible bonus as part of the Box Grid Filling initiative, and this light hearted league with like minded peeps would be pretty relaxed and cool. Interested? Trophy ideas? League ideas? I’d love to hear them before I create the League.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2012 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Chaos teams can be built up in many ways. Wink

True!
I have seen a few sides with two headed or tentacled beastman etc. Or Mino.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2012 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea Murker to have some connected League teams occasionally playing. Not sure about only new Blackbox sides counting with the grid and having to be called BTFG.. though.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2012 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a new League.. so we'd have to all start now, with easlily identifiable teams. It in now way detracts form filling the grid with other Box teams. It would just be a little bonus for others to start.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2012 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

this is so much fun

i'm, now playing zons and flings and things

next up, High elfs....

gotta FILL EM ALL

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2012 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
Another suggestion: An award for at least 1 game played with every race - I don't have any orc or ogre teams at present and some motivation to create them might be useful Very Happy

Such an award could have a number denoting how many matches you have had minimum with every team, so you played at least 5 games with every team the award would have a little '5' on it.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Emeric

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2012 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi again, i had missed a few messages here Smile
Awards for playing with all races are a great idea too, yep.

@The_Murker : I've read your message twice and i don't understand. The point of blackbox is to never choose the opponents, so as a rule number one for filling the grid, no coach should ever say he's activating a specific team. Or is that a group with [L] teams for which matches depend on [B] teams?

Well. I'll do a group update today, i'm late (still working on an automatic treatment).

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2012 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi again, i had missed a few messages here Smile
Awards for playing with all races are a great idea too, yep.

@The_Murker : I've read your message twice and i don't understand. The point of blackbox is to never choose the opponents, so as a rule number one for filling the grid, no coach should ever say he's activating a specific team. Or is that a group with [L] teams for which matches depend on [B] teams?

Well. I'll do a group update today, i'm late (still working on a more automatic treatment).

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2012 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The league sounds like a great idea, unfortunately I am in soooo many leagues already and have used all my team slots I wouldn't be able to join Sad

Take care Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2012 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, the more of your box grid you fill, the more games you would be entitled to play in a seperate league.

Jump to: