41 coaches online • Server time: 00:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Besides, fouling's no guarantee of him getting any success. I once played a coach who fouled my skaven team 13 times in a single match, leading to a bh, a few ko's and many stuns. I never fouled him once, just legit hits, three cas I think, including a shot by a GR, 2d block he chooses, RIP, apo failed, bye-bye super-star, my GR dusting his hands off over the body. Oh, he was not happy, believe you me. Smile And I then put a block on his chat name, so he can't even contact me via chat to set up games. I never have to worry about playing him again. QED.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the gayest thread ever
kippp

Post 16 Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the game was called blood bowl and was famed for the hurting and the bloodiness. Yes it's annoying when you get killed or maimed by a foul but if you made a team not to get hurt your playing the wrong game...
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

whats wrong with it being gay? its this thread's lifestyle choice, respect it
Trokoshea

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In every case, I just recommend to play BB your way (so don't foul if you don't mean to, but don't conclude your opponent is obliged to reciprocate). Choose your opponent after seeing his team and then force your strategy to prevail.
Even if you're "fun" oriented, don't put too much importance on the survival of your players. S... happens fast and most of the time, there is nothing to do against it.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Trokoshea wrote:
In every case, I just recommend to play BB your way (so don't foul if you don't mean to, but don't conclude your opponent is obliged to reciprocate). Choose your opponent after seeing his team and then force your strategy to prevail.
Even if you're "fun" oriented, don't put too much importance on the survival of your players. S... happens fast and most of the time, there is nothing to do against it.

Rousing speech there Trokoshea. You get my vote!
Bretter

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
anyone who disagrees can have their teams retired for breaking the rules, come and see me and I will gladly do that

since when is disagreeing with rules grounds for retirement. Or are you trying to conform everyone to your exact specifications.

Perhaps you meant that since we participate in the league, we are expected to FOLLOW the rules, not necessarily LIKE them.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I've recently rejected a game offer by a faction coach featuring DP as my HE simply can't handle such a player even though he offered me a non-fouling agreement. My decision might have been exaggerated, but I really didn't want to jeopardize the team in any way by disobeying to any fumbbl-rules I am aware of.

That said, my HE played some undead the other day which didn't commit a single foul. At crunch time in turn 7 I needed to foul his star (an AG 4 ghoul) to prevent a blitz on the ball carrier who was on his way to the decisive touchdown. As I niggled his ghoul upon this foul he was incredibly offended and claimed to never play me again as he would only play against decent coaches (this seems to rule out coaches who commit fouls). I've tried to calm him down for almot 20 minutes, unfortunately without any success. It still was a necessary tactical foul. Even though winning doesn't mean everything to me, I think it was reasonable to commit that foul to win the game.
Personally, I even don't mind entirely pointless turn 8 fouls against me much, under normal circumstances, that is.
Delta

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Bretter wrote:
since when is disagreeing with rules grounds for retirement.

Since they are rules. I thought it was pretty self explanatory.
However, disagreeing with rules is by no means a ground for retirement. Breaking the rules is a whole different matter. (IMO anyway)

Bretter wrote:

Perhaps you meant that since we participate in the league, we are expected to FOLLOW the rules, not necessarily LIKE them.

You don't like them, you don't have to play.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

if someone offers you a non fouling or what ever match, they are breaking the rules and you should report them

not reporting them is assisting them in cheating ergo you are also cheating in my book

everyone with an active account on here has agreed to the rules and is expected to follow them
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
if someone offers you a non fouling or what ever match, they are breaking the rules and you should report them

not reporting them is assisting them in cheating ergo you are also cheating in my book

I couldn't disagree more. You can't expect from ordinary players to act like sneaks. I'd only report blatant and disgusting violations of the rules.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

that is a blatant and disgusting violation of the rules
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
that is a blatant and disgusting violation of the rules

No, it isn't. As no game was played, no rule has been broken severly. Even though such an offer isn't allowed according to the fumbbl rules, it would be highly exaggerated to call such an incidence blatant and disgusting IMO.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Do not discuss or agree on in-game strategy before the game is started. This includes agreeing on not fouling or any other type of in-game events.

Actually, as the game has never started, no fumbbl rule has been broken at all.

Furthermore, the fumbbl rules don't contain any paragraphs which would force a coach to report such incidences.
Loof

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to fan the flames a bit...

All of the following extra rules are optional. This
means that both coaches must agree which extra
rules (if any) they are going to use before the match
starts.
LRB3 page 17

Of course most of teh rules are optional so..... Wink
 Jump to: