28 coaches online • Server time: 10:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

@Koadah; You mean the 4-6 small rule changes? Could be... Dunno.

But yes, L is a vital part of FUMBBL as well. I assume tweaks will be made when there is an update for the client.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

CRP+ gives my Goblins a 3 troll? Where do I sign up?? Shocked

Actually... I don't hate CRP+ after reading it. I'm slightly suspicious of giving stunty players AG4 and some other issues. Over all it doesn't seem worse than what we have now anyway.

But until a new edition comes out or a new rule set is adopted by the major TT tournaments, I wouldn't expect any changes around here.

So this might not be the right place to push for CRP+

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:
You can't be serious, shadow. There are several skills most of them in cpomb... - the c portion. since you have claws, better than 50% chance to break armor. If that happens, MB will give you a +1 to that roll and... on top of that if you don't get the injury roll you like, you pile on holding onto that MB hoping to get a kill shot.

you should go back and reread your rules, because you're wrong...

there are plenty of skills that affect the INJURY rolls...but none that affect the CASUALTY roll...

and yes, i will stand corrected on the Pro roll...misread the "other than" as "including"...that'll teach me to sideline coach while working...

and fyi...boruppeter is 100% accurate, and i was wrong...his way to go is the most effective solution...

--j

ImageImage
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

Actually... I don't hate CRP+ after reading it. I'm slightly suspicious of giving stunty players AG4 and some other issues. Over all it doesn't seem worse than what we have now anyway.

But until a new edition comes out or a new rule set is adopted by the major TT tournaments, I wouldn't expect any changes around here.

I don't think you get all that with CRP+. I think that is only in the full NTBB.

Plasmoid need to get in here and set us straight.

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

I don't think you get all that with CRP+. I think that is only in the full NTBB.

That's what I read... mind you, I hate CRP. So I'm willing to try most changes. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
koadah wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

That's what I read... mind you, I hate CRP. So I'm willing to try most changes. Smile
That source is out of date I believe. The latest edition is here:
http://www.plasmoids.dk/NTBB2013.pdf

Unfortunately only 2 trolls, but they lose loner and the secret weapons become much more usable with the new definition of sneaky git.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:
I mainly chose Norse and Amazon only because I never played them. I know that mighty blow is a killer on those teams. I'm fine with it. I define fun as in being able to play another game without having to buy 3+jmen to fill out the roster due to mass death/high injury teams. I know my players will die/get injured. I am fine with that but when a single game takes out over a third of your team and before the game is over you have only 1-3 models on the pitch... Not fun.

So you are a pixel hugger. What we call those players on FUMBBL.

I have now watched a 5+ of your games. While you do a lot of things correct, you sure also fail or take a lot of risks where none should be taken.

I linked you to Kfoged amazon team. Go and watch his replay or go and watch one of my youtube vidoes: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFFDF05A577BA14D2

First thing, just because you have 3JM for next half does not mean your team is broken.

Second, stop CONCEDING! You dont get money for next game and therefore you are destroying your own team chances of ever recover. Grow some balls!

Thirdly, you need to learn how to win the block war. You give away so many free blocks. By each free block you give away, basicly you give the other guy a chance of making a cas on you.

4. Never ever start your turn with your big guy. Only if it is the only 2d you can get.

5. You use your RR way too fast. Learn to use them less. And no dont begin to counter argue with you have bad dice or something like that. I have watched where you RR in turn 1 or 2 where you did smack the player down.

6. Learn to attack on one side and if stopped than change side and attack there. It is like once you commit to one side, the other half of the board is dangerzone or minezone for you to step into.

7. Once you get into trouble, you begin to throw the game. You begin to over commit. It is like you forgot that there is a 2nd half and just already think you have lost the game.

8. Stop taking so many 4+ actions. As in throw the ball to get SPP. As in dodge into tacklezones where you gain little from it.

9. Stop putting more than 3players on LOS. Dont put 4 or 6, you give him free blocks.

10. Stop making 1d blocks when you can do 2d blocks.

11. Keep up the good work of surfing players!

12. Learn to STALL! Again is the board burning or what? Where is the rush?

I might be a bit harsh here, but this is the reality. And yes I give a crap about your Real life board play, you might have a million games. BUT as I said before welcome to FUMBBL.

And the debate about claw and PO etc. have debated over and over again. Nothing is going to change in the near future. SO grow some balls and accept the premises that FUMBBL work under.

And about the fun part. It might not be fun to be down 3JM in every game. But here is the truth and trust me on it. If you take all the advice I gave and you play by them 100% I will promise you that you no longer will have to play 3JM in every game. Watch some replay of good coaches and copy how they play, same result. And another thing I can promise you is that any team can wreck your team and the next game you will have to play with 3JM, that is called being NUFFLED.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
...FUMBBL plays by the official rules.

BillBrasky wrote:
... probably made an illegal concession ...

There is no illegal concession in the official rules. So, who was not telling the absolut truth here?
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk, site rules, the one you accepted when signing up, you might want to read them.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk wrote:
Hitonagashi wrote:

BillBrasky wrote:

There is no illegal concession in the official rules. So, who was not telling the absolut truth here?

Fine.

In game FUMBBL plays by the official rules. Nobody lying, just nobody expecting to run into pedantry Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a suggestion:
Don't allow very new accounts to start forum threads! Very Happy
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk wrote:
Hitonagashi wrote:

BillBrasky wrote:

they're both telling the absolute truth...

official rules allow for modifications to the rules for higher levels of enjoyment...

our concession rules can be considered house rules...

although, on principle...we can agree that brasky is always wrong...

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %11, %2012 - %18:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
f_alk

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

That's why Ehlers said you have to forget everything you learnt about BB before when you enter here Wink
boruppeter

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar, listen to Ehlers. These twelve points are sound advice!
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing since about 95 as well and Tabletop league and tournament experience is of limited value in relation to Fumbbl except for in the League Division. The nature of Blackbox and Ranked leads to very competitive and tactically brilliant play. I feel generally outclassed on Fumbbl but I have seen my tactics advance a lot by playing here against better players. Take each game, even washouts as a learning experience. Spec others games against teams you find tough and watch for differences between the teams that work and those that don't but above all, never give up.

ps. I hate all "new rulebooks" full of massive sweeping changes. I'm here to play Blood Bowl not variant ruleset 69b of the new empire of Geekaria. Well, unless it's Stunty of course. Razz
 Jump to: