40 coaches online • Server time: 19:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Muktar

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers, I know most of the flaws that I am committing and attempting to remedy most of them. Old dog... new tricks thing. Overall, I don't do some things that I probably should (foul as often as possible), then again, I find stuff like that very retributive. Ie... not fun. On the stalling, unless I am in a very short competition, I don't like stalling because it is a not nice move. In my league games, I plan on stalling as much as possible only because there is an actual effect on my later games by not doing it. If someone comes back to win in a box game... no biggie. I don't give a rip. Like I said, I use box to fill in time between other RL things. I consider box a pick up match. League games are a different story. I know I use my RR's too much and if you look at my league games, I have been a bit more conservative in the last couple matches. On the 1die blocks, I generally only do it when I am winding down my turn and if that player has block at minimum. If they do, it becomes a 4 in 6 chance of doing something useful, even if it is just pushing them away. Which is useful because it denies them a free block. When it comes to the number of peeps on the line, it totally depends on the opponent. My zons, all of my blizters have guard. If I am not playing a bashy team, it is hard for them to work the line and they usually end up giving me free blocks because they can't get the numbers to get decent blocks. I don't always make that work as good as I want and I know how to fix that in future games. I generally do the 3 - 8, unless playing elves/skaven, then it is more like a 3 - 4 - 4. Like I said, I mainly use box for testing strategies/teams.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar you concede 20% of your games, you have a win ratio of 28%. I would take any advice you are given at the moment, the main one being

'Don't get attached to players if you want to win games'

If you don't like this then your only option is to continue to accept losing (although please stop conceding it is much worse form than stalling, fouling and claw pombs) or play in a division in which you can choose to avoid the nasty teams.
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh, don't listen to any of this terrible advice you are getting, just enjoy it the way you want to enjoy it Wink

That said, concessions are pretty frowned upon here. As is offering suggestions to make the box better Very Happy

Using the box as a place to test strategies works only up to a point, as the type of teams you will face tend to change depending on what TV you are at.

Using the box to test rookie teams isn't so bad though, just to get a feel for them, but using it to test team development isn't really ideal, unless you want want to test against a more bash heavy selection.

In any case, don't take anything in B seriously, if you do it's just going to make you upset, which if that results in forum posts, will make shadow upset, which in turn will make everyone else happy...

Hmm...

KEEP ON POSTING MAN!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe!

Merry Christmas, everybody. Wink

(Should this go in RLBB, it being a House Rule thread?)

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %11, %2012 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I do admire about you Muktar is that your first match was on 12/1...it is now 12/11...So 12 days of playing...you have 60 total matches, average 5 a day...IF you bump that number of games up to 7 on average a day. You will enter the legendary coach ranks of BillBrasky and maybe, just maybe. Be included in the conversation with Emphasy...the undisputed KING of games played per day avg.

Keep playing and aim for Legendary coach status of games played.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:
I don't like stalling because it is a not nice move.

No it is not, but keep having that attitude then.

You make a thread complaining about claw and po.

So I suggest you how to deal with that.

If you followed my suggestions, other suggestions and specced some games, you would not need to complain about claw and PO. Also as you play av7 teams (50%+ of total games), claw is not an issue. Yet you make it into an issue.

So you think stalling is a not nice move? Well let me tell you why you should stall.

If you make a TD, you give your opponent 4 blocks instead of 1 in his turn.
By stalling, it is your time to inflict more damage on his team and make him take the risks. (you take too many ricks because you "quickly" begin to throw your games and get a mentalitet of your game is lost. Also this show that you lack a general knowledge of mechanics and tactics of BB (you say you play otherwise in league... yet to see that. So just basing on what I see from your box games)

You start and score in turn 3. Let us say you inflicted 1cas doing your turn one and is op in numbers. Now by TD, you give him the chance of turning this around. He gets 5turns or so to bash you into the ground while trying to get a TD.
Then next half he will be starting by blocking 4 of yours again. It mean that he potentially have 12 turns of outnumber you and therefore get more blocks into your pixel and therefore be able to do more damage on you.

So keep on thinking it is a not nice move. But in reality you are disabling yourself. You give yourself a handicap by believing in it is a not nice move.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible? are we going to do a reverse on this converstaion and move from CPOMB to the "old" debate of years past? Stalling? Can it happen...CPOMB to Stalling?

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

One lesson I did learn from Emphasy in my youth on FUMBBL was the stall. In fact one of his little secreats to average 9 games a day was a good stall. A good stall really drops the length of time it takes to play a match. He could knock out a complete match in 45 minutes with a well laid out stall.

Stall is the key to success my friend.

Did you pick up on the key word? STALL

Last edited by PainState on %b %11, %2012 - %20:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:
stalling is a not nice move because i have no clue how to defend against it

FTFY...

--j

ImageImage
boruppeter

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

We should definitely add some 'but DP is broken, we should fix this' contributions. Then we have it all.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:
Like I said, I mainly use box for testing strategies/teams.

So if the Box is your test lab...then you must have a much larger plan for FUMBBL Global domination?

Yes?

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

boruppeter wrote:
We should definitely add some 'but DP is broken, we should fix this' contributions. Then we have it all.

But DP is broken... It does nothing Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
boruppeter wrote:

But DP is broken... It does nothing Sad

I just heard Paul Hicks shed a single tear and lower his head.
Igvy

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
coach playing for less than 30 days - check
coach has never posted in the forums before this thread - check
coach complaining about too much of (insert broken combo here) - check
coach expecting changes to be made for their benefit - check

looks like the perfect post...

--j

The stars have aligned.
backelie

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2012 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:

So you think stalling is a not nice move? Well let me tell you why you should stall.

If you make a TD, you give your opponent 4 blocks instead of 1 in his turn.
By stalling, it is your time to inflict more damage on his team and make him take the risks.

You start and score in turn 3. Let us say you inflicted 1cas doing your turn one and is op in numbers. Now by TD, you give him the chance of turning this around. He gets 5turns or so to bash you into the ground while trying to get a TD.
Then next half he will be starting by blocking 4 of yours again. It mean that he potentially have 12 turns of outnumber you and therefore get more blocks into your pixel and therefore be able to do more damage on you.

So keep on thinking it is a not nice move. But in reality you are disabling yourself. You give yourself a handicap by believing in it is a not nice move.

This is all true.

This is also why you generally shouldnt even bother playing bloodbowl with random people on the internet, find some friends to play with; problem solved.
 Jump to: