35 coaches online • Server time: 13:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2013 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

neoliminal wrote:
Andy at GW was in love with idea, for reasons I didn't understand..

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Also, I think some GW folks think of those 3 BB books as 'canon', and they involve a Khorne team.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2013 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
neoliminal wrote:
I never thought Khorne was a good idea. Andy at GW was in love with idea, for reasons I didn't understand. The idea came up several times and was always put back for more urgent matters.

Yes, 3.5 is the most important part of that document.

Sorry, I was replying to Selfy_74

I had my doubts, the same as many other people. I couldn't see how they would be vastly different from a Norse play style.

However, given that Cyanide were going with Khorne come what may, I reserved making any comment until I tried them. In the event, I personally really like them. I think that the design team did a good job within the limits they had. I wouldn't have picked Khorne if it were my decision, but what they came up with was pleasantly surprising.

I know there's a lot of haters, but I'm not one of them.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

neoliminal

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is how I would have started testing a Khorne roster:

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=537104#537104

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't hate the Khorne in Cyanide's BloodBowl game and kinda hoped it would be accepted into the NAF (and eventually fumbbl). Its not broken from a win/loss perspective and seems to be a unique team play-style but I understand why they're holding off on it. Made a Khorne team on Cyanide's online play and played around 5 games with them, going 2-1-2. They have interesting strengths but also some big weaknesses, which I feel is a good BB race (too often I feel a lot of races in BB play too similarly). Overall, Cyanide did a good job with the team (even if they did a poor job with the game).

Maybe, if a new CRP is every created, an updated version of the Khorne could be included. I'd like to see them in the official game, someday.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Gafgarion_Tyrathadel wrote:
Overall, Cyanide did a good job with the team (even if they did a poor job with the game).

Did you not read anything? The general consensus is the opposite.

Maybe, if a new CRP is every created, an updated version of the Khorne could be included. I'd like to see them in the official game, someday.

Well whether GW have stabbed them in the back, never had any intention to, or with a lot of public negativity have decided defo no, this team isn't going to be added to CRP.

From the outside perspective, they certainly never committed to adding it to CRP.

Simply you can't make a roster where everyone had their hands tied by the powers that be, had stipulations that shouldn't have been there, and made in such an arsed about face way and have it added to the official list. Add to that that Khorne is such an extreme and difficult idea really leaves me shaking my head.

Without GW and NAF backing, the general negativity here and a couple of other problems we might face, I'd bet my favourite pink tie on Christer never adding this roster to the official divisions of FUMBBL.
dode74

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The "General consensus"rather depends on who you ask Wink
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
The "General consensus"rather depends on who you ask Wink

Note he said 'Cyanide', that (for me) doesn't include your involvement. Obviously my feelings on the job you guys did is well know, but here I believe we're solely talking about the job they did.

I think I'm on fairly safe ground by saying from start to finish (picking the roster, their design idea, how things were managed, stipulations put on the project) was a bad bad idea.

TBH, I don't really know how it's getting on for them. As long as the majority of players, playing it on cyanide aren't warhammer world fluffers, there's not much for them to complain about. It's an interesting roster from a playing perspective, that's for sure.
dode74

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I read his statement as meaning the overall design team, including me. I certainly agree that cyanide managed this poorly, and told so in no uncertain terms once my participation was complete.
Gafgarion_Tyrathadel

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Overall, Cyanide did a good job with the team (even if they did a poor job with the game).

Well whether GW have stabbed them in the back, never had any intention to, or with a lot of public negativity have decided defo no, this team isn't going to be added to CRP.

From the outside perspective, they certainly never committed to adding it to CRP.

Simply you can't make a roster where everyone had their hands tied by the powers that be, had stipulations that shouldn't have been there, and made in such an arsed about face way and have it added to the official list. Add to that that Khorne is such an extreme and difficult idea really leaves me shaking my head.

Without GW and NAF backing, the general negativity here and a couple of other problems we might face, I'd bet my favourite pink tie on Christer never adding this roster to the official divisions of FUMBBL.

It was my opinion... when did I say it was the consensus? I really thought they did a good job from the team design standpoint.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

It was my opinion... when did I say it was the consensus? I really thought they did a good job from the team design standpoint.

This is a language misunderstanding. You are entitled to your opinion. What I'm saying, is that a lot of people do not think Cyanide did a good job (see above).
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Ok, I read his statement as meaning the overall design team, including me. I certainly agree that cyanide managed this poorly, and told so in no uncertain terms once my participation was complete.

No, I have no interest in opening up that debate again. Bygones be bygones.
dode74

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I can live with that. Knowing who has different priorities to you is actually fairly useful Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:

Cyanide managed the roster creation poorly? That must be a first.

Big of you to come here and talk about the process Dode, I know it must not have been easy under such ridiculous constraints to produce a decent roster.
Synn

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought they did a good job.

The notion of a 'Khorne' roster would have two options:

-Non-fluffy

OR

-Non Balanced

There are many things that can be pointed out, but the roster is not overpowered (considering it has a Bloodthirster!).

__Synn
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The roster is sublime. Difficult to use and master, but with good positioning capable of some absolutely unbelievable plays. They are high risk and high reward and not for the faint-hearted. I can understand why a lot of coaches don't like them because they go against everything that is usually preached about good solid BB play. You have to go peddle to the metal; frenzy on everybody; blitz EVERY turn with the thirster; surf anything that gets into the wide zone; bust open holes so wide you could get a Sherman through; and don't stop until everyone's dead.

Of course, if you get it wrong, they come down like a pack of cards. They're up there in my top 5 most fun teams. And that includes stunty leeg teams.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Jump to: