36 coaches online • Server time: 00:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neoliminal

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

My take not he Khorne team, unsolicited and likely unwanted.

No matter.

This is untested, meaning it would need play testing before it could be considered any good. It is a starting place for brainstorming. It takes what I know about both the Blood God and the game history into consideration: the idea of pulling daemons on to the field was always a 'bad idea' from the game fluff it just caused problems. From that point of view, the team shouldn't be much better than Ogres or Vampires.

I'll take each position in a different order and then I'll combine them together to create the roster as I think it could work at the end of the post.

Bloodthirster Daemon
Quantity 0-1
Cost: 170,000, MA 5, ST 7, AG 1, AV 9
Skills: Blood Lust, Loner, Juggernaut, Regeneration
Skill Selection: Normal S, Double GAP

This is the team's Big Guy. It should have a differentiation from other Big Guys because frankly, it's a huge demon. At ST 7, it get's a 3D block against normal humans (ST 3). This should make kill happy coaches satisfied. On the other hand, a Demon really isn't that interested in played Blood Bowl so it's as much a danger to its own team as the other team. Blood Lust should be the weakness for this player because it accurately represents the total carnage this player is capable of to all the non-daemons on the pitch.

Bloodletter Daemon
Quantity 0-4
Cost: 80,000
MA 6, ST 3, AG 3, AV 7
Skills: Blood Lust, Juggernaut, Regeneration
Skill Selection: Normal S, Double PGA

These are the tough guys of the Khorne team and they are strong enough. Again, these are summoned Daemons who don't really care that much about Blood Bowl. They were brought on to the field to cause fear in opponents, but like their larger cousin they are as deadly to their own team as the other team. If they can't get the blood they want from the opposing team they will take it from their own.

Herald of Khorne
Quantity 0-2
Cost: 90,000
MA 6, ST 4, AG 3, AV 8
Skills: Blood Lust, Frenzy, Juggernaut
Skill Selection: Normal GS, Double AP

The "Blitzers" of the team, the Heralds are the best the Bloodletters have. They will likely be carrying the ball and doing all the dirty work for the team. More tame and therefore slightly interested in playing Blood Bowl, these guys pack a punch and earth the respect of those they fight against.

Thrall of Khorne
Quantity 0-16
Cost: 40,000
MA 6, ST 3, AG 3, AV 7
Skills: Normal G, Double ASP

These are the slaves of Khorne, brought in as fodder for the feast of death. The Bloodletters feast upon them as needed.

• Reroll : 100,000

No way these guys are getting Re-Rolls for normal cost. They aren't a team, they are a spectacle. They never practice.

• Apoth: no

No one in their right mind would heal a daemon, much less some idiot Thrall.

• Starplayers: Grashnak, Lord Borak

You'd have to be insane to play next to these guys. These two are insane.

Khorne
-------
• Thrall of Khorne, Quantity 0-16, 40,000, MA 6, ST 3, AG 3, AV 7, Skills: Normal G; Double ASP
• Bloodletter Daemon, Quantity 0-4, 80,000, MA 6, ST 3, AG 3, AV 7, Skills: Blood Lust, Juggernaut, Regeneration; Normal S, Double PGA
• Herald of Khorne, Quantity 0-2, 90,000, MA 6, ST 4, AG 3, AV 8, Skills: Blood Lust, Frenzy, Juggernaut; Normal GS, Double AP
• Bloodthirster Daemon, Quantity 0-1, 170,000, MA 5, ST 7, AG 1, AV 9, Skills: Blood Lust, Loner, Juggernaut, Regeneration; Normal S, Double GAP

• Reroll : 100,000
• Starplayers: Grashnak, Lord Borak

Last edited by neoliminal on %b %13, %2013 - %16:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Um... the bloodletter Daemons wouldn't get hired, ever. Worse than thralls.

Heralds... ST4, Frenzy, Juggernaut for 90k? Under priced, but makes up for the Bloodletters (a broken fix for a broken roster).

You said 180k first, then 170k in the summary for the Bloodthirster.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Um... the bloodletter Daemons wouldn't get hired, ever. Worse than thralls.

You are right. Need to tweak. (upped the AG to 3...)

Chainsaw wrote:
Heralds... ST4, Frenzy, Juggernaut for 90k? Under priced, but makes up for the Bloodletters (a broken fix for a broken roster).

Don't agree, but testing needed.

Chainsaw wrote:
You said 180k first, then 170k in the summary for the Bloodthirster.

Fixed.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It's on the lines of what I'd do also. I'd remove the herald and make that the bloodletter.

I also warmed to the idea of the mass frenzy they had. I'd give that to the linemen, I think that stays with rule 3.5, due to their character.

The blood lust, I would change slightly (I've forgotten exactly how, but I have it somewhere) but basically there is no thrall type, to it replicates instability.

A real coin toss roster............but that's really what Khorne is all about.

IIRC the design team were not allowed a roster like this with negtraits.
neoliminal

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
IIRC the design team were not allowed a roster like this with negtraits.

[Citation needed]
Where did you read this?

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Herald of Khorne, Quantity 0-2, 90,000, MA 6, ST 4, AG 3, AV 8, Skills: Blood Lust, Frenzy, Juggernaut; Normal GS, Double AP

Orc blitzer costs 80k. 6339block GS/AP
Chaos warrior cost 100k. 5439 GSM/AP

At a minimum the Heralds should be 100k.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Using Blood Lust would have required a change to the skill description. We weren't allowed to make any rule changes.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Were you allowed negtraits? As I said IIRC you weren't.
dode74

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I said we rejected that because none of them fit (apart from blood lust, which requires a rule rewrite), and because it had been done with ogres and vampires.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why we need another team with mass frenzy. We already have norse.
I don't see why we need another team with very good players sligtly toned down by bloodlust. We already have Vampires.
I don't see why need another team with access to clawpombers. We already have 3 chaos varieties, rats, underworld.

In short, I simply don't see the point.

Also I have to hope they will not get added, since they would totally ruin my currently perfect grid Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

oh yeah Bloodlust on AG3/Ag1 Dudes without AG Skillchoics you be Scarred? U know this is not stunty?
dode74

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The point is that cyanide needed something to replace Slann, and someone either there or at GW thought big demons would sell well.

I don't think they play like Norse, personally.
neoliminal

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
No, I said we rejected that because none of them fit (apart from blood lust, which requires a rule rewrite), and because it had been done with ogres and vampires.

Were you given any guidance or documents on how to build a team?

From what I see this team will be a big problem at higher levels . They are starting with way too many skills, IMHO.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Tom was on the design team. He had a fair bit of experience in these matters.

In what sense do you see them as a high level problem? They start with the same number of skills as dwarves.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
I don't see why we need another team with mass frenzy. We already have norse.
I don't see why we need another team with very good players sligtly toned down by bloodlust. We already have Vampires.
I don't see why need another team with access to clawpombers. We already have 3 chaos varieties, rats, underworld.

How I would like to see BB develop (roster wise) is on 2 levels. Personally I think there should be a limitless possibilities in rosters, however you would need to simplify things a little, as to not confuse people.

So firstly you have your races (pretty similar to how it is now) and each race has a standard team (pretty much how it is now). However under each race you have 'famous teams', where the rosters differ slightly.

Underworld would become a team instead of a race. High Elves (or pro Elves) would have the Eagles (no blitzers more catchers) Gladiators (more blitzers, no throwers, and no pass access even on doubles) etc etc. Lots of little variations on similar rosters.

Cloggy wrote:

Also I have to hope they will not get added, since they would totally ruin my currently perfect grid Smile

Hahaha well there is that, but it adds more of a challenge! Like the Darkbones, they'd come out of semi retirement to raise the new players!

Well I can't seem to find what I thought would be a good roster for Khorne. But something along the lines of (and yes I know it a real coin toss roster but that's the theme)

0-16 Blood Marauders 6 3 3 8 Frenzy GS/APM (change S to doubles if Pact is also changed.
0-4 or 0-6 Blood Letters 6 4 2 8 Frenzy, Instability, regen (blood lust but no thrall to bite), mighty blow GS/APM
0-1 Thirster 5 6 2 9 Frenzy, Regen, instability, Wild Animal (no loner with instability)

I think you'd have to be crazy to take 7 players with instability, but that would be very Khorne. The roster the design team made, is probably nicer to play, but it just doesn't fit Khorne for me, and that's the problem. The reality is.........Khornes a pretty horrible roster, and was a bad idea for the 25th team.
 Jump to: