28 coaches online • Server time: 02:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Why would you not play a Dwarf team of the same Rating/Strength
Dwarves kill my players more often than other races!
18%
 18%  [ 24 ]
Dwarves are boring to play against!
61%
 61%  [ 79 ]
I've not played against them, but I hear they are tough!
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Some other reason! - state in a post!
13%
 13%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 129

Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Azmo wrote:
Mezir wrote:

My dwarfs routinely only get one cas when playing versus elfs or some other fast team.

Which routine is this? Just had to check your match ups. There quite a lot more than 1 or so cas on nearly all your matches against elves and skaven come to that. Nope I stand by my point - loads of cas.

One cas vs skaven
One cas vs wood elfs
Okay two cas (still not "loads") vs wood elfs
One cas vs skaven (same team, different match)
One cas vs Dark Elfs
Two cas vs wood elfs
One cas vs skaven

Okay so I've had about three matches with three cas vs elfs. Since when does that qualify as loads? Especially when you then compare that with these figures? Before you talk about that one match where I do get loads of cas vs skaven - that guy was a bad player who thought he could out-bash me.

So yes, there's a routine here. If the Elf/Skaven coach knows what he's doing the Dwarf coach is going to hit much fewer cas.

Please compare these cas figures with the amount I "routinely" get versus Chaos or Orcs. There are exceptions but on the whole I get three or four.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2004 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Kill more players-----------> 18%
Boring to play against----->61%

Sesame Street sing-a-long, kids! All together now:

One of these things is not like the other
One of these things is *kind of* the same

Is there a mental blind spot that is surgically installed whenever someone starts playing Dwarves?
Chaos, even well-developed Orcs and Skaven do more damage than Dwarves and they still get games.

It's like there are two conversations going on in this thread:

The Voice of Reason: "Wow, dude. Like, Dwarves are tedious to play against - I'd rather chew my own leg off and beat myself to death with the soggy end than sit there for an hour watching them cage and/or running straight past them with the ball and scoring."

Insane Dwarf Coach: "It's not like we get that many casualties - Even though we're Rock Hard. Why must you constantly complain about the number of casualties I inflict on your puny teams? P.S. Rock Hard!"

Here's a thought:
Is it because people play Dwarfs because they're scared of casualties themselves? Dwarves have nice casualty statistics not from the number inflicted but from the number prevented - Armour 9 and slow caging tactics with Guard will do that.

Are they projecting their fear onto others? Because 64% pwned 18% when I last took a maths course.

I play Norse (badly) and frequently see my team turned into dog chow but damn it's fun Smile I even make passing plays occasionally.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2004 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

well... arent newish humans screwed when playing newish dwarves? i mean ag 3 isnt great for dodging and dodge is negated with catchers so surely humans are at a disadvantage against the bearded ones?
Topper

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2004 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves are boring to play against - Because they are slow and as such designed for the ever interesting will it be 1-1 or 2-1.Wink
And since I personally several times have been challenged by Dwarves vs my Woodies or DE, I don´t find it worthwhile.
Dwarves are NOT overpowered, in fact I have played against Dwarves many times and never lost (most of them are actually with DE´s) But it´s boring because they ALLWAYS tend to play very safe.
I think it´s in the players that chose the team.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2004 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Wombats wrote:
Insane Dwarf Coach: "It's not like we get that many casualties - Even though we're Rock Hard. Why must you constantly complain about the number of casualties I inflict on your puny teams? P.S. Rock Hard!"

Thank you. I appreciate it.

However, if you'll read up, you'll notice that all i am doing is refuting the fact that dwarfs make many cas, which is a point brought up by someone else entirely. Boring to play against, fine. I don't force you ,to play against me either.

But then you stop people from telling me that dwarfs make "loads of cas", since you appear to agree on this count.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2004 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarfs can play like elfs !

See that dwarf blitzer !

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=222320
Petter

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2004 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
for everyone who said dwarves are boring to play against, its down to the way you defend, as in if you don't do it well then its a boring match, so if they are boring to play against, its cause you a clueless coach and deserve to lose

Heh it's not about winning or losing. It's about what kind of game you consider fun when you play in open/ranked division. If you like dynamic, mobile, spectacular games you want to steer clear of longbeards. It's not like dwarves are scary or impossible to beat. They have MA4, and to me that makes for a highly boring game.

If you enjoy stealing the ball from dwarves and outrunning them, good for you. But insulting people who don't share your perversion is ridiculous.
Wombats

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
Wombats wrote:

Thank you. I appreciate it.

However, if you'll read up, you'll notice that all i am doing is refuting the fact that dwarfs make many cas, which is a point brought up by someone else entirely. Boring to play against, fine. I don't force you ,to play against me either.

But then you stop people from telling me that dwarfs make "loads of cas", since you appear to agree on this count.

True - But it was hell funny to write that rant Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Baah. Why wont people admit that its the dwarf AV9 thats holding them back.

I know the armour is the factor when i decide. Although for some reason i get very few gamerequest from dwarf teams, (only when im lfg with my zons Smile ). The fact that they are slow doesn't bother me at all, on the contrary, it just makes my life easier. But the fact that i always roll 9 on AV and no more (unless i have MB in which case i roll Cool really annoys me, not that im a basher in anyways, but its still annoying when u cant even get someone into KO.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i never get games with my orcs EVER Sad Sad Sad

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

rofl wombat visited ninja website what a laugh

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

bah i just beat dwarves 1-0 and gave more cas than they gave me with my humans. I was 118/120 and he was 122/129! He didnt even get the ball into my half afaics
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Heh it's not about winning or losing. It's about what kind of game you consider fun when you play in open/ranked division. If you like dynamic, mobile, spectacular games you want to steer clear of longbeards. It's not like dwarves are scary or impossible to beat. They have MA4, and to me that makes for a highly boring game.

I personally hate elf bowl. I find it boring and mundane. I like to play a team that has to use a little more strategy to win the games. I also like to play against agility teams with my dwarves, not because I outcas them(which is inevitable with av 9 vs 7), but because its fun to have the speed agility vs toughness matchup. The tackle makes things a little more dicy for the elves, but at the same time I have to take that ag 4 into account. There have been some terrific plays made by elf coachs against me I give them due credit. I just hate the whole run mass guys up the sidelines, wait with your strong arm accurate thrower in the backfield and throw the next turn bit. The other coach rinses and repeats. Yawn. Dark elves are paticularly fun, with beastman av and 4ag, they make for terrific games, and I'm not saying this as good cas time. Just plain fun games.
Bretter

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Petter wrote:
Grumbledook wrote:
for everyone who said dwarves are boring to play against, its down to the way you defend, as in if you don't do it well then its a boring match, so if they are boring to play against, its cause you a clueless coach and deserve to lose

If you enjoy stealing the ball from dwarves and outrunning them, good for you. But insulting people who don't share your perversion is ridiculous.

Aw... c'mon that's hardly fair... When has Grumbledook ever insulted someone who doesn't share his opinion?!

*snicker*
Wossel

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
i never get games with my orcs EVER Sad Sad Sad

u sure?
Razz
 Jump to: