51 coaches online • Server time: 21:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Agreed ?
Nope, DP was OP and PO is OK
16%
 16%  [ 11 ]
Yeh I miss DP and PO is OP
43%
 43%  [ 29 ]
PO and DP for me !
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
Let's ban it all and play with jump ropes
25%
 25%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 67

Muktar

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Just imagine all of the cpomb teams if po and mb were nerfed to be 50ktv instead of what it is now. Certain skills should be changed to different tv lvls no matter what. That would fix the problem. Especially if they are dealing with spiraling expenses and higher tv teams with better skill distribution. Also, saw someone say to increase tv for every skill you had previously. That would help with the cpomb teams, since they generally do not start with any of those skills.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
No way dude. Leave fouling weak, and create a General "lay down" skill to avoid PO.

Lay Down (G) (10k):
The player may lay down following any action.

I think that skill should be called... Take Nap. But it would otherwise do exactly as you described.
Yeah. Lay Down OR Take Nap would be really cheesy. But not any cheesier than the dumb rules it is meant to counter.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

^^ How about "Cower in Fear"?

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I support long threads!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

How about +10k for each improvement after the second, plus 10k for each skill category taken beyond the first, instead of the 30k for doubles-skills rule?

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Pre LRB 5 fouling was too strong, post lrb 4 fouling is too weak, somewhere in the middle would be optimum.

The big problem though is with teams that rely on fouling, what should happen to them?

Having fouling as it is now, has removed certain rosters/builds from the game, which is a shame as they should have a place.

It's difficult though, balancing fouling for teams that need it, and not making it over powered on rosters that don't but would benefit greatly from it (new nurgle spring to mind).

The biggest loss (doing these subjects again and again makes us sound like a broken record) is the loss of the eye. The eye was one of the most genius mechanics added to BB, now BB is like the Louvre without the Mona Lisa.

'Hey, where's the famous painting?'
'Which one?'
'By the Da Vinci guy'
'Oh Mona lisa? Yeah, it's gone'
'Why dude, why?'
'Meh times have moved on, didn't really feel it added anything anymore'
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:
I support long threads!

I think you're probably in luck. You could likely post in the 20 pages from the last time this thread went round and no one would notice.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Spot on HM, the removal of the eye was sooooo dumb. Now people can foul every turn with only a 1 in 3 chance of ejection, where previously it was 1 in 6 then 1 in 2. So now it really only gives an advantage to the teams that are already winning the battle of attrition. AS if they needed more help anyway?

It has just made fouling in to a complete luck fest especially with bribes. I have seen far too many games where 1 bribe has allowed a coach to foul almost every turn of the game and they have been lucky enough not roll any doubles. Without the bribe they would never have tried fouling every turn with such reckless abandon. But the bribe lets them do so and it just adds to the luck fest that is crp.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

It has just made fouling in to a complete luck fest especially with bribes. I have seen far too many games where 1 bribe has allowed a coach to foul almost every turn of the game and they have been lucky enough not roll any doubles. Without the bribe they would never have tried fouling every turn with such reckless abandon. But the bribe lets them do so and it just adds to the luck fest that is crp.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3397692
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe yup pretty much encapsulates what I was talking about.

Stupid CRP Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Just get it in the sig and have done with it!

Your mum got DP wrong (I might just try this every thread until it goes away)!
Winni

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I want 2nd edition Mighty Blow lvl IV +4 AV check 2+ injury roll back muha. Not sure if there was already Piling On, but who needs to PO if you have Block lvl X.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
No way dude. Leave fouling weak, and create a General "lay down" skill to avoid PO.

Lay Down (G) (10k):
The player may lay down following any action.

agility skill pls?
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

New Agility skill: Retaliate. Laying on top of another player leaves one exposed and this player certainly knows how to take advantage of that! When fouling an opponent that is prone due to having used the Piling-On Skill, a player with this skill may reroll either the Armor or Injury roll.

Cause what BloodBowl needs is more counter skills!

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:
Where's the option for DP is fine, but PO needs to be nerfed?

Admit I've always been shirty that there was no AV check for the guy piling on. That's broken right there.
Could be just me though.
 Jump to: