11 coaches online • Server time: 05:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:
I'm curious as to why it has to always be team retirement. It should be possible to just remove that game..treat it as if it never happened. Retiring the team seems very over board--especially on a first 'offense' (though I still think it was not as bad as those in power seem to think)

Simple. If the only punishment for getting caught breaking the rules was to lose the benefits you gained, there is no reason at all not to cheat until you get a warning. If they catch you, you lose nothing, if they don't, you get your extra spp.

It would be like making the penalty for shoplifting just giving the item you stole back.

The Finishing Touch
CoachBob

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
This is competive league, we have told you that if you want to play against the simple and clear rules, you do that in tournament division or just play and do not upload your games to Fumbbl. It is plain and simple.

If you dont like the way Fumbbl is set up, youre free to arrange your own league with your own rules, on your own site. People will happily how to do that using League Manager software.

Does anyone happen to know where I could dload that League Manager software from?
Thank you!
CB
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

CoachBob wrote:
Does anyone happen to know where I could dload that League Manager software from?

http://hem.bredband.net/b158319/ and the original http://trollcave.no-ip.org/LeagueManager/
Mully

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

TR of 129 vs TR of 105 and the team gets retired!??!?!? This can't be the game being referred to. Of course the STR has a large gap, it always does when gobs or halfings play. That's the effect of the "FUMBBL" STR factor.

Since when is a 24 TR difference unbalanced ? Dwarves vs Flings = unbalanced? Sure they are, almost all races against flings are unbalanced. Does that mean no on can play with flings anymore?

It's not like Gortex loads up on gobs and flings everygame. Retirement for accepting 1 game vs flings? Ridiculous. What's next, retirement for dwarves accepting games vs zons?
Feels like the admins screwed the pooch on this one.

I also don't understand why Gortez was made an example of. I've seen TONS of games where TR170 teams were taking on TR110 teams and even pointed lopsided games to the admins. Their response was "as long as they don't make a habit of it". I agreed with that response, which makes me wonder what Gortex did to not receive that benefit.

Now there can be extenuating circumstances that none of else know about that led to this retirement. If so, the admins are catching heat when maybe they don't deserve it. But based on this game alone, retirement doesn't seem fair.

FYI - here are the other races the dwarves played :(hardly considered soft)
Ogre (x2)
Khemri
Orc
Chaos
High Elf

Last edited by Mully on %b %12, %2004 - %21:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
That's the effect of the "FUMBBL" STR factor.

Welcome, look around, youre in Fumbbl.
Mully

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=308830

^^^---------- STR differences happen all the time. Doesn't mean the match is fixed.

Last edited by Mully on %b %12, %2004 - %21:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If a skaven team is winning 3-0 and fields 3 guys when kicking off turn 5 of the second half, would the team be retired for giving the opponent easy SPPs? I sure hope not.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i tend to agree with gortex here to. A bit hash for 1 time , if it happend once if it would have been done multiple times i would understand it.

Especially with games like this(this is the str value):
Admin team 212/222 Other team 153/160
or 178-141.

I guess most people sometime will play an uneven game.

And good point there Legend Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Or should I post a 10 page thread listing all the games involving TR/STR spreads equal or more than the above?

If you see games there where str difference is almost 100% please do report them if they happen in open or dx.
Mully

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

If you see games there where str difference is almost 100% please do report them if they happen in open or dx.

Mr P - I use to clue in the admins on games with TR/STR 170 playing the TR/STR 110 ish teams, but as I stated above, the admins would do a search on the coaches and say "well their previous 10 games were even matches. We won't do anything unless they make it a habit." Another specific response I got on a 190 vs 120 matchup was "he's played games where is was down 120 vs 190 also, so it's ok."

I think the community is looking for consistency OR a hard set TR/STR illegality limit so that they don't get "Gortexed".

I also glad to hear Faction isn't included in this issue since I am frequently required to play down +50-75 pts just to get a game.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Question? Would Gortex's team been retired had he lost the match? Or did the fact that it actually was a bloodfest contribute to his retiring.

Below is a match against some HIGHLY outmanned gobbos. On paper it looks like a blowout. My concern as a FUMBBLER, is some admin will interpret this as a "fixed" match and a team I've had for a year will be arbituarily retired.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=304997

Now this was a Div-T game AND the gobbos sent it into OT before losing. And if not for 1 die roll they would have won. Now my point is not to prove that I am so pathetic that I can't beat gobbos, the point is it's a fuzzy line when you punish a team for playing a match "they cannot win."

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Now this was a Div-T game

the point is it's a fuzzy line when you punish a team for playing a match "they cannot win."

As it was div-t game restrictions do not apply. T and stunty or more or less wild areas.

The fuzziness will be clearer in near future.
Winter_Silverfox

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played a match with over 300 diff in tr Smile and yes I did lose the game with 0-5 but it was a blast and I enjoyed to play against a so good coach and a well balanced team.
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The issue here are not only the teams involved, but also the coaches. Ayahuasca states that "Im enjoying to see the damn halflings to get bashed into a muddy pool of blood and gore". He is speaking of his OWN team here. Coaches like that do not belong here at FUMBBL. You can suck, but you should still play the game to win and not to get your team destroyed.

Probably, Gortex didn't know this before the game (even if Ayahuasca's extremely poor match record is a warning flag). But if he had told the admins about the game directely afterwards, his team would probably not have been deleted.
whitey

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2004 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Mully wrote:
That's the effect of the "FUMBBL" STR factor.

So Halfling teams are not allowed to play teams with similar teams with similar TR, and must always take handicaps against them so that the team strenghts line up if you want to play them in FUMBBL? Thats what i understand from this quote, but please correct me if i've taken that incorrectly.
 Jump to: