31 coaches online • Server time: 01:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
quota

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

What happens if a match is arranged and one of the players buys a Wizard or Star Player and his TS from that increses so that there is 41+ TS difference? Is that just tough luck?

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop me if I'm wrong, but I thought wizards and star players didn't affect ST.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

/me stops m0nty Very Happy

The TS of star players is calculated the same way as the TS of a regular player... and a wizard is worth 5 TS iirc.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a question Quota why would you need a 40 ST advantage and a Star player/Wizard????
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people want all the advantages they can get, and some are just cheese balls that are out to try and hurt as many players as possible. So, either of those could be a reason they would hire a wizard/star.
mUst

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

wizards dont affect ts but starplayers do, well at least in my goblings exsperience, only team i tryed either on
mUst

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ripper bol... for instance give a +15 or so ts
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing I notice in these posts is that no one has answered Quota so far... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

I think a problem like this was discussed in other forum. but the point is that if you are in a tournament u must foloww especific rules about it , but if u are in open now (ranked) you must look first your oppenent teams page if he has enough money to hire a wizard/SP you must be carefull. I think that if u notice this u must warn your opponent that the match wont be valid an he must look for another game, if he is interested in getting the game ranked. If both players continue playing game wont be uploaded.

I think that is the way it would work but i can be wrong.

see ya.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

To answer quota's question:

Yes, that situation would make the match unable to be uploaded. As the rules stand now, you are right that it is "tough luck" for that particular game - there are no penalties explicitly listed for doing this.

However, if you are the victim of this, I would advise submitting a support ticket giving an explanation of the situation. The admins keep notes on every coach, so it would go down on their records.

For coaches who make a habit of doing this, especially those with a history of other indiscretions, we would most likely block them so that they would be forced to have a discussion with us about their disregard for the rules, with anything other than a completely apologetic attitude on their part being met with some more stern penalties.
jokklas

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

bardulf: Let me get this straight. You must warn your opponent kinda like, "I see you have lotsa money.. if you buy a wizard and/or SP the match wont be valid!"?
Henrik_H

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Question, Were is this +40/-40 ts rule posted. I've gone through the official rules of usage and have not found it.
bardulf

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

First, i must apologize about my english, but the point i was trying to clarify is the next:

A) Two players want a ranked game. (this means both want points)
B) There is a difference of 40 TS +/- betwen teams (u must really want that points, if u cant wait a better option)
C) Both look at higer rooster and notice that he has enough money, but u think u can handle the game.
Here three things can happen:
1.- As u said u can state him the if he hires a wizard/SP the game wont be uploaded.some thing like:
Remember new rule states that u cant have more than 40TS+ , please don't hire a wizard/SP

2.- I havn't find a person that changes his rooster in the last second, so lets say u trust that the higer TS wont hire a wizard/SP (he has 40TS + of difference already), and u continue with game.

3.- Lets say that as many players (includding me) dont bother about looking the rooster, so u continue.

C) u connect ... and surprise , a new wizard /SP is in the field.
D) u go to rooster an now u see more than 40 TS +
E) If u cuntinue playing the game wont be uploaded, so i think the best thing is warn your oponent that if he keeps playing the game wont be uploaded.

In this pont it will be cool, that when the client does the handicap rolls, it notices that there is a that kind of difference and end connection, but since this as Monty said u can call an admin, to study the situation.

I hope i'm more clear now.

Again sorry bout my english.
quota

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael_Warblade wrote:
I have a question Quota why would you need a 40 ST advantage and a Star player/Wizard????

I wouldn't. Personally I would never buy a Wizard or Star Player without informing my opponent and letting him decline the match. Others might though.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

m0nty wrote:
To answer quota's question:

Yes, that situation would make the match unable to be uploaded. As the rules stand now, you are right that it is "tough luck" for that particular game - there are no penalties explicitly listed for doing this.

Ok, thanks Smile