27 coaches online • Server time: 14:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Record the length of...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

will try some games later tonight or tomorrow.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
PainState wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
Hmm, not really sure about this.

My 1670 High Elves, just drew 1370 Underworld, which seems a little out of whack.

What I think is "whack" is that YOU think this is a out of "whack" match up.

Well, on the first hand, I feel a bit sorry for Topper having to play the match.

On the other hand, it's a no win game for me. If I win it was expected because I have the better team, but if I lose I open myself up to self-ridicule (I can be quite hard on myself). So sort of a no-win situation. Wink

Ah, but if you see this as a psychological challenge for yourself - a moment of personal growth and reflection, in the mode of Socrates and the value of the examined life - then it does become a win, of a sort. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
PainState wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

My 1670 High Elves, just drew 1370 Underworld, which seems a little out of whack.

Well, on the first hand, I feel a bit sorry for Topper having to play the match.

On the other hand, it's a no win game for me. If I win it was expected because I have the better team, but if I lose I open myself up to self-ridicule (I can be quite hard on myself). So sort of a no-win situation. Wink

So, a pressure match then. Wink

Would you feel any more sorry for him if you were packing 1670 CPOMBers?

Nerf me up Cheif!

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think these changes sound great Christer, thanks. I much prefer this to any rule change (but we all know that.)
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder what the effect will be on the off-prime time zones. More games scheduled I hope.

As it is I wouldn't expect too much difference in the euro time zones, other than a few different matchups here and there.

In NA where you can frequently see 4-5 coaches activate but no games get scheduled... well we'll see.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 21:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, licker - that's going to be an important testing time. USA evenings are frequently 0-6 coaches activating, so we would expect to see more of the bad matchups possible. Might be TV 2200 chaos against TV 1300 orcs. Nom Nom Nom!
KingKurt

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, can't even read through the whole thread now, I have to play and test it!

Christer, you chose the best option to try out first.

Let's see where this will lead us to.

Thank you!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
I wonder what the effect will be on the off-prime time zones. More games scheduled I hope.

As it is I wouldn't expect too much difference in the euro time zones, other than a few different matchups here and there.

In NA where you can frequently see 4-5 coaches activate but no games get scheduled... well we'll see.

I'm one of those west coasters in NA that usually activates against 4-5 other coaches. I'll see how it goes.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
Agreed, licker - that's going to be an important testing time. USA evenings are frequently 0-6 coaches activating, so we would expect to see more of the bad matchups possible. Might be TV 2200 chaos against TV 1300 orcs. Nom Nom Nom!

With that much in inducements that might actually be kinda fun with the hot pot and some of the stars available.
astrosimian

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

As someone who plays exclusively in the Box, usually in Australian afternoons and evenings, I hope this does make it easier to get a game and excited about (hopefully) seeing a bit of variety in teams and use of use of inducements.

Also, it never really bothered me, facing min/max'd teams. I just sucked it up and played on; part of the silent majority, I guess.

Christer, thanks for the changes and the hard work. Time to get off my lazy ass and donate, methinks.
Gartch

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds very good Very Happy

Thank you very much for the time spent, and congratulation for this solution Wink
oryx

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
PainState wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

You play the slime barons and you're worried about opening yourself up to ridicule? I thought that building clawpomber teams was the end of worrying what others might think of you...
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Christer! I hired a wizard, woohoo! Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

oryx wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
PainState wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

You play the slime barons and you're worried about opening yourself up to ridicule? I thought that building clawpomber teams was the end of worrying what others might think of you...

I think you misunderstand the phrase 'self-ridicule', as I don't think it relates to other people Wink
Topper

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

Found 4 coaches.
- Topper vs DukeTyrion (Underworld 1370 vs 1670 High Elf) @649
- Rulah87 vs Sotomonte (Chaos Pact 1010 vs 1050 Chaos) @965
Scheduled 2 matches

What would you have done differently?

Well I was at the receiving end of the expected spanking - and I admit it wasn´t as bad as it seems. But Id say it was like a 4/5 times Duke would win this - and 1/5 it´d be a draw.. I just needed to make one mistake/roll some semi bad dice and the game was over. As such I don´t think its that bad - but I got to admit that I looked twice when I got that draw..

Im not so sure if this fixes anything though. What happens when its the high TW clawpombers who draw the opponents? They get a bloodfeast I fear.

Therefor I fear the total removal of the TV cap. But lets see..
 Jump to: