86 coaches online • Server time: 21:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is Arlecchino a Bad Coach?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 37 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 66

mUst

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Redeem your ways and play wuhans elfs !! Very Happy or my khemris ;D either way suits me, just as long as you tell me if you play wuhan ^^
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Arlecchino wrote:
Tnx Mully now i undestand that i'm not a asshole player, but i also undestand that my way of play bloodbowl don't be nice for some other coach like Mirascael.

Arlecchino, I never ever have blamed you in chat or anywhere else. I also haven't claimed you weren't "nice". I just remember the game against you as the most unpleasant one for a long time (not counting games against slow players here) although I don't remember why exactly.
Quote:
P.s.2: Now i see the rep of our game mirascael. U don't rember that in the first turn u foul my blitzer killing him?

Hmmm, and I really enjoyed it! Very Happy
Quote:
So don't speack to me about bashing.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Who spoke to you about "bashing"?
You started this thread and I've tried to provide some explanations, sorry for that. Had I known you only can stand replies like "Oh poor Arlecchino you're such a nice coach" and so on I wouldn't have posted my comment.
Quote:
Now i want to explaine why my human are what they are.
I had 2 bash team as all call them, orc and dwarf, so i start a new human team for play a agile team, that always refuse to play with my 2 bash team.

After some games i undestand that catcher are weak (av7 and str2!)so i thick to use a non catcher human team, with only lineman and blitzer. That's my choise and it pay well. I play with many agile team because i play a lot of bash team with my orc and dwarf and i start also a dark elf team for playing moore agile and fast team.

what's wrong in that? Human always play with other agile team because they're too low armored and str for plaing other full guard-mighty blow team. Also they have less ag than agile team so i think that my human team is a very good one because they play and win vs most of the agile team around.

As I said in my first reply, there is nothing wrong with that theoretically. If it suits your demands, fine. It still seems pathetic to me to play a bashy team which is specialized on maiming low AV-sides exclusively and is not up to facing any challenges by str-teams. I guess that's what other coaches refer to as "cherry-picking" (I don't like that term too much).

Anyhow, I think that if you ask for explanations why you might have a bad reputation among the community and get an honest, constructive response, you might want to consider a more open-minded attitude towards constructive replies instead of rejecting them aggressively.
Arlecchino

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehm i heal my blitzer with apo. Wink

Anyway from all the answer i undestand one things: people don't like loose then create some strange theory for don't play against someone that kick his ass in the past. That's natural and undestandable, but it's not for me.

I'm an onest coach that haven't problems to face other onest, strong coach to learn moore. Not for that i have to enter in some suicidal match against bashy and full of dirty player team. An hard match is what i'm searching for and i'm sure there many coach that think as me out there.

For the other, i can only say: have fun.

For end this topic, i hope that who think that i'm a bad coach play with me before say that.

Cu on the green!
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Arlechinno, I've played you a few times, and haven't really found any problems, but then I tend to play predominantly bashy teams myself.

What Mirascael is trying to say is that there are people as well who don't like it when coaches will happily beat up on low AV teams, but will never play teams that are bashier than themselves.

There will be people who have happily submitted their teams for a bashing at your own hands, who then ask to play your weaker team with a bashy one. Don't you think it's fairly reasonable to assume they'd eventually get a bit angry if you continually reject this other matchup?

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I beg to differ Arlecchino, I believe you are an asshole. Fouling my mino to death in the 16 th is one thing, it is entirely another to say that I have a high coach rating because all of my opponents have bad luck against me. I dont think I am anywhere near the best coach here and you may agree but i took your comment as a great insult and found it completely unnecessary and quite hurtful. In fact I cried for hours afterwards......cant continue...... too painful....must seek counseling.... Sad
Mully

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I can attest to that. I just played Phillier and he is not the coach he used to be. I only hope time will heal all wounds.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds as if you are more like Capitano than Arlecchino Wink

Full of bravado and brash confidence, but as soon as someone ELSE pulls out a sword...
Twahn

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
I can attest to that. I just played Phillier and he is not the coach he used to be. I only hope time will heal all wounds.

So... you had good luck against him this time? Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Anyway from all the answer i understand one things: people don't like loose then create some strange theory for don't play against someone that kick his ass in the past.

Of course people do not like to lose. But that's beside the point.

I have very few people on my 'do not play again'-list and three of those I actually won against. Likewise I played a good number of games I lost but I would be happy to play the same coach again. I can imagine that this goes for other people as well.

What I am trying to say is the following:

-It is more likely you 'style of play' (behaviour)

Think of the following; if many people think you are an @r$e (pardon my French) odds are that you ARE such an @r$e.

It is up to you if you want to change or not.
odi

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think that you've done well with your human team. But you should be able to play more than just the av7 teams, fit in a few dwarfs and CD's and no one will complain. Because if you at the moment have dwarfs to play other bashers, humans to play the little softer teams and elves to play other elves, it's just not right. You should be able to play all races.

ps. What do I know, I mostly play gobbos and flings in ranked.
Csonti

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding cherry picking, Arlecchino could learn some more. His humans even played a CD and 2 orc teams and a few times vs necros too (altough I dunno how much capable wolves were out there), it's just the last "few" matches where he changed his policy. Wink

IMHO it's much more sad when people with real bashy teams (orcs, dwarves, khemri etc) play only vs soft teams (and on the other hand they feel deeply offended when u offer UR bashy team to play vs one of HIS soft teams). I could link here some professional's team but I won't do it. They don't even worth the effort...
bluetooth

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason I do not want to play vs you, Arlecchino, is not your coaching skills. Playing itself was ok. I got fed up with the rude and insulting language you used - its not nice to be insulted thro the match.

Later on you asked why I refused a match vs you, and I told you the reason. Then you just commented that when you are losing, you get very frustrated. IMO Not a very good justification.
Arlecchino

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i'll try to change and become a nice coach to play with.

I'm not joking!
PellePirat

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I certianly enjoyed my last game vs Arlecchino... the fact that both my skill rolls were +str helped, but it was still a nice game.
evilhuman

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

played your dwarfs and I enjoyed it alot, wich was wierd Smile so I voted no
 Jump to: