50 coaches online • Server time: 00:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Welcome Newcomers - ...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 465 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 841

koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Simple, get rid of all the races apart from humans and go no progression.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:

OK, so how are we nerfing Elfs?

LOL!!!

Laughing Razz Very Happy Shocked Smile

No one cares about the OP nature of elves because they do not kill pixels AND give bashers some SPP in the loss.

There is no need to nerf elves because pixel huggers are either elves themselves or coaches who love playing against elves because their pixels will not get smashed.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Very boring nerf of Blood Bowl BUT do not get rid of any of the races and make the open divs non progression.

All teams are stuck at TV1000 and thus every single issue of CRP is gone.

IT is truly then a game of coach skill heavily influenced by the dice.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, that solve everything. If i may add they should be black and white. It could be fun too to have them called pawns, knights king etc... ... and also to remove the luck factor you play just one piece each turn. And why not just remove dice rolls so it would be even more fair...
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Cna yuo raed tihs? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot cmopb was ipmorantt!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

CharlatanXIV wrote:

Yep, that solve everything. If i may add they should be black and white. It could be fun too to have them called pawns, knights king etc... ... and also to remove the luck factor you play just one piece each turn. And why not just remove dice rolls so it would be even more fair...

I love a sarcastic retort to a sarcastic comment to begin with.

BUT

Is not every single week end Table Top BB tourney a 3-6 match event were all the teams are stuck in the 1000-1200 TV range and all the issues of CRP are left behind?

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. A different thing from this is a different thing from this. (Personally, I have very limited interest in that different thing, but I suppose some people do, which is why there are leagues, the RRR, etc.)

I still say that the solution is to keep most things as is, but to make it so that a lower percentage of injuries result in deaths or perms. This could be done across the board (by, for example, converting the d6 on the injury table to a second d8 and adjusting probabilities accordingly), or in a targeted way (mighty blow only affects armor rolls? Injury rolls adjusted by PO are automatically BH?)

In this way you could keep injury-roll-dependent teams just as competitive (because that's what they are right now -- competitive, not dominant) while counteracting the side effect of that competitiveness (too much attrition for most teams to stay competitive at high TV long-term). The problem isn't the gameplay, it's the attrition and nothing else.
dode74

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Not asking it to be perfect. Only better.
Over how many iterations? When does it stop needing to be "better"?
MattDakka wrote:
Exactly. Perfect balance will never be reached, but we can get closer to it.
Ah, the Zeno's paradox of Blood Bowl Very Happy
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Is not every single week end Table Top BB tourney a 3-6 match event were all the teams are stuck in the 1000-1200 TV range and all the issues of CRP are left behind?

It is. I've been to a fair few, and even won a couple. It gets repetitive fast (though still great fun for the atmosphere). The lack of skill stacking and low TV makes a few standard team builds all too common (undead, blodge delves, strip ball woodies). Creative/fun teambuilding becomes next to impossible. I love building teams, and miss that in TT tournaments.

(the reason they do it this way is more to keep things simple and traditional, rather than to avoid high TV issues with CRP)
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I will say what i always say in any discussion about PO:
Remove PO, that skill never made any sense. Either it was too weak or just too powerful. I truly believe that this would solve the problem.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Cna yuo raed tihs? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot cmopb was ipmorantt!

go away spam bot

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
koadah wrote:
Not asking it to be perfect. Only better.
Over how many iterations? When does it stop needing to be "better"?

Who is to say. Probably never.

For a game like this making changes to the ruleset every 5-10 years is probably a good thing even if there are not major issues.

Personally, I like a bit of CPOMB. It's fun. At least if you are the one killing. Wink

I don't think is the best thing for the big open divisions/leagues.

Christer & Kalimar have given us the ability to use house rules so I'll be using them. I will be mostly staying out of the official divisions for a while. Except maybe to play a little CPOMB.
Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
CharlatanXIV wrote:

I love a sarcastic retort to a sarcastic comment to begin with.

BUT

So? Every single weekend people play poker. What is your point?

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Who is to say. Probably never.
Therein lies the rub. Since it will never be perfect you're always going to be tinkering, and tinkering will make other stuff worse.
Quote:
For a game like this making changes to the ruleset every 5-10 years is probably a good thing even if there are not major issues.
No argument from me, but that doesn't necessarily make the game "better", it just gives those who have been playing with the previous ruleset something different to whine about.
Quote:
I don't think is the best thing for the big open divisions/leagues.
Again, no argument from me assuming you want to let people play to high TV. That's exactly why the rulebook advocates house rules for different environements.

Last edited by dode74 on %b %08, %2014 - %12:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Amongst the leagues where some options exist to adjust these things; are there trends in which solutions/changes are preferred?
Is the amount of leagues that stick with the standard rules staying the same, increasing, or decreasing?
 Jump to: