23 coaches online • Server time: 10:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FLo711

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
So now it’s onto Premier League… the first return to the big dance for the Dragons in 4 long seasons… can they do it again or will they be decimated?

My money is on decimated, but given my track record with this gambling business, who knows...

Covert,
Quote:
I suspected you wanted "Smurfton" rather than "Smurftron"

No, I definately meant 'Smurftron' Smile
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

@ FLo711

Congrats to the title. By winning against the best teams of our league you deserve it. Good on ya. But be aware next year won't be as easy.

@ Rennigeb

When do you wanna play?

@ All

Is there a link to the most reasoned statistic?
whitey

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Clay on promotion, that makes me the only team to beat you this season, and you the only team i've beaten. Go Twahn in the last Div 1 match, if you win i can avoid last place.
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

one thing we will need is if anyone plans to drop out at the end of the season

we know poodleman will, which essentially means there will be no promotion play offs because the last placed team and poodleman will be demoted from every division (except the prem of course, where there will be a playoff because poodleman finished last.

If anyone else plans to drop out we would need to know soonish so that the promo-relegation games can be sorted... not that it should be hard, seeing as there will be only one.
gumbi

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe Elan was looking at dropping out........... (without putting words in his mouth)

Tonight sees the game to decide the winners of div2, the flawless beauties of the bright lights vs the withered example of manhood that is gumbeast united. If GU wins they will come first, if they dont, they wont! and merv will keep the crown.
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

edit

i forgot the top 3 play for promo and bottom 2 play to avoid relegation

so there will be 2 games to get into the prem (with one auto demo)

then IF TWAHN LOSES to creepers, he will get a game to avoid relegation, if he wins, then creepers is auto demoted along with whitey and poodle, and that trend continues with the bottom team auto demoted and the all three teams being auto promoted (i think anyway - twahn might want to play the last placed team against the 3rd place team for promotion/relegation, but thats up to him)

if elan also pikes, that wont be a problem because he will be auto demoted anyway, so there will be 2 and possibly three places in div 4 - any plans to fill them at the moment?

how are the new people coming along in qpool?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

neverborn, I have sent a note to all QPoolers encouraging QPool play...

At present we have few total newbies with teams that are developed significantly to play effectively in Div 4.

Everyone should give Wallace, frag_dog, lynx_dragon and any others I may have forgotten to mention a game!

Newbies such as Retrorse seem to have disappeared...
theopacman

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

also guys I'm seriously thinking of swapping out the one man band Ancients from div 4 and bringing in the frollikars

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight on Talking Bloodbowl!

It was a disastruos trip to Blue Mountain Stadium for the Prince Reagents.
The Fans hopped up from their chant of "We Will, We Will BLOCK you" had a huge impact on the game and its outcome...

We talk tonight with Coach Covertfun about this disastrous road trip that cost the fancied prince reagents the title.

We also talk to Victorious premier division coach Flo711 about his coaching tips, gardening, the future for the Zen Adepts, and the worship of Chaos Gods.....

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

**LEAGUE NEWS**

Ladies and Gentlemen, Season 4 is well on its way towards coming to an end!
Everyone should be getting geared up for the Playoffs that are soon to commence!
Division 4 has already wrapped itself up and Western Sydney Wonders have broguht home the Title. Well done Sharkboy! Smile
The Divisional Winners are of course automatically promoted, but 2nd and 3rd both get a chance as well and will be involved in Playoff with 5th and 4th respectively from the Division above. In this case, Iridine Gladiators has come in second and, in a tie broken only by their head to head record, Tiperary Trasheaters have stolen 3rd from their rivals HFC.
Both these teams will be entering the Playoffs just as soon as Div 3 gets itself finished!

Global Network Channel BB moves down under!
Thanks to JoeKano, chunky04, Covert and everyone else for putting in the time and creativity for all these Fluffy Posts! Funtastic!
What I'd like to see though, is a seperate Forum Thread for them. This will make them more coherent and easier to access and will do the same for everything else that people post here.

FUMBBL access dramas
My on again off again love affair with daytime access to Fumbbl continues at present and I am online nowhere near as often as I'd like to be, used to be, and ought to be. Don't know if anyone had noticed...
Despite what y'all may think and what I was starting to believe myself, I truly am needed (or someone like me) to keep this whole show running and am finding that I don't have the time these days to give SWL as much as it deserves. This has been really shitting me, and I apologise to everyone.
Please feel free to turn to either ClayInfinity or neverborn if you can't find me around. Whatever they say goes...

SWL Night of Nights!!
I presume the Twahnlows are well on their merry way to being completed. Covertfun? Chunky? I hope everyone has paid attention to all messages requesting game reports be sent because no matter how many reports we actually get, you'll be counted as having played 5 games (excepting forfeit wins) regardless.
Can you feel it? The Twahnlows are coming! Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill see about opening up SWL Channel BB tomorrow night Twahn. I might even migrate the fluffy posts from here to there...

Its Coming!
Its New!
Its 24 Hour Bloodbowl News Coverage!
Its...

Channel BB!

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

JoeKano wrote:
I might even migrate the fluffy posts from here to there...

That's be awesome, Kano. Do it!
Remember to not just call it Channel BB or something though, put SWL in there so everyone knows... Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
whitey

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Neverborn, I've told Twahn in PM that i'm not playing next season, looks like you hadn't heard.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and Twahn the Highest gate is now 104,000 in this match between the Warlizards and Bright lights round 3 of division 2 this season

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=55768
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

A few questions. With the New Channel BB open (great work Joe et al!!!) should all game reports go there? If so...what should be in this forum? Straight news? Also...in the records biz..will/is that a season by season check, or is it sum total of all games played since team inception? as in the Black Crowes have an average of 2.5 CAS over their 16 game history...but in a brutal season 4 we inflicted at a rate of 4.0 over the 5 games (11/3/6 for the interested) while only suffering 4 CAS against (all inflicted in one game by the TIDE) Just curious.

Crowes LOSE to Smashers 0-1 in Div 3 "final" Just in case this should be here Wink

It also appears to be a waiting game to see who we will playoff against for promotion. The way I see it if I-House win we get a game with 5th place Div2 and if Tenabrae win we get a game with 6th place Div2. Correct? Of course if all of those games forfeit and EVERYBODY in here drops out than WE RULE SUPREME!!! (but it would get kinda lonley...so hang in there troops Wink

And whats this gossip about Elan dropping out??? Say it ain't so Elan...YOU got me into this, why would you leave?