56 coaches online • Server time: 15:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should you foul 1 turners?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 141 ]
No
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
I Dont Agree With fouling
12%
 12%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 164

DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Not if he has 5 rats spare aswell thats u gotta take about 9 players of the game to get him down to 7
Goodluck and even then he will be down but then u score and then he brings him and scores level again or a 1 td advantage

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
How can u foul the gutter one turner if he only comes on his drive only way is double 1 on gfi with reroll or blitz
its very hard to foul him

Double 1 GFI? had it
blitz? had it
thrower fumbles ball? had it
one turner drops ball had it
one turner fails 2+ dodge, fails reroll? had it
Stormvermin skulls on blitz to clear path? had it
phillier

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

My skaven are something like 29-4-8(pretty successful I think) and have never had a one turner. I dont like one turners for me or against me. I think gr are more useful(and annoying) with things like dauntless, horns, ss, dt(4 str, I have one Smile). I did play someone once(I forget who) who gave his gr sprint anf VLL but never used them as one turners, just makes them nastier with the +1 i think to interceptions and just able to be anywhere on the field.
gansus

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
Zhluhur, If u need to get a 1 turn to win, then u must not be a good coach most elf teams have av7 and they move 6-7 they dont complain they still manage to play on and score within and 3-4 turns and then defend well enough or score again to win the game,
yes they take inj's but they still go on

Im dissapointed

Its not all about winning its about fun and tactical enjoyment knowing u outplayed your opponant is much more fun, Imo

Well, first of all, i must say i think i have never had a one turner, as far as i remember, so i am saying this in kinda fairness, i think. I perfectly understand people having and using their one turners. You dont say, but suggest that using one turners is nothing tactically, and it ruins the fun. Well, first of all, tactic is not only how you coach your team inside the pitch, but also how you try to develop it, so i think you are not right in that. And, well, i can also understand what you say, because it has happened to me many times: opponent with one turners just uses one turn to score after you made a hard worked td, and you just get pissed off. If thats pisses you off so much, then just dont play teams with one turners. Many people did not find much fun in old piling on rules, so they just avoided playing that kinda teams.

Its true that you can do it in open, but not in tournaments, but people that chose skaven (i tell skaven cause its the tipical race for one turners) took a risk to have their team crushed, probably the biggest one, because of their race selection. And, what is more important, if everybody had the chance to pick skaven, so could have developed one turners. But i think many times people just complain about one turners, fouls rules, .... just because that things are very useful against the kinda teams they usually coach.

So, to summarice, i think one turners are not unfair, maybe pissing off, but not unfair (wardancers and zone blitzers are pissing off, much more at low tr, when most teams dont have tackle, but that does not mean they are unfair), because only few teams can develop them, and the teams that have them probably must in order to keep the game balanced. So i understand people developing and using them, and, on the other hand, i perfectly understand people just trying to fould them to bh/si/death, which is, by the way, what i try to do when i play one of those.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea there all possibilites but dont happen often enough to stop him from scoring lots and when he gets lots and lots of tds sidestep catch etc etc more skills and a nice catcher with some tasty skills obviously like 1-10 hes gonna fail but still that 1-10 he fails they manage to score then he trys again at the 1 turner to score im not saying that a 1 turn is unstoopable the chance is jus very low
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. Quite a number of players don't build one turners with skaven/elven teams (I never did). But then most players don't build a team with 12+ dirty players - in both cases _some_ do so, and enjoy playing with players like that.

Which is ok. It is their choice. Don't play against either type of team if you don't like to.

-Mnemon
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well how do you stop av9 Players with block, tackle, claw and RSC from injuring your av7 team then Dropdeadfred? Especially if there is a lot of guard around to protect them?. Simple, by scoreing a lot - to minimize the hits you take. How do you score if you have only four players left after he grinded through your team first half?

-Mnemon
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea obviously, But For Example Swifty The gutter runner in top10 scorer charts (well i think he is)unfair on the other races that havent got 1 turners or even skaven and they have worked hard for like 50+ games to get like 2/3s of what he has and all he does is score 2-3a game then takes him off. and yes i get pissed of with 1 turners on one occasion my elfs beat a 1 turner skaven team and i taunted him for bout 2 days. and other occasions they have beatin up for dwarfs etc, i just dont agree, and not just that i dont agree its so easy to make a 1turner takes one doulbe and a normal skill role and your away and its easy to get ssp on a gutter considering they ma9 dirty players can be cuaght or fouled them selfs witch dont deter as people and some people with 1 turners take advantage of new coachs and im not going to lie its sometimes hard to spot one for e.g vll and sprint it dont click in straight away
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I just say this: a friend of mine took his skavens, then turned TWO gutter runners into one turners. Now he doesn't play his skavens anymore, and if he does he keeps both one turners in the dugout, because he says it's boring both for him AND for his opponents if he uses them.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

1-turners die. Often. And when they do, thay leave a broken team behind. If the team relied too much on the same 1-turner. If they didn't there is no problem. If they do, thay soon will get another problem. Foul they all you want. Statistics say that they will die on a gfi anyway.

I've had 1-turners, but thay soak too much SPP, so I don't build 1-turners anymore.

(See, din't even have to resort to namecalling or complain about tactics of others!)

The story about Sewerskuttle:
He was fast, he was a 1-turner. When holding the ball, 2 squares from the endzone he died on a gfi. He tried to impress the other coach, by running a full circle around one of his players, before he realized he needed 1 gfi to actully reach the endzone. I will never ever do that again.
Hecropolix

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Why do people whine about 1 turners? Is it because they don't get to use their +ST, block, tackle, frenzy orc blitzers to push my skaven into the crowd?
Sounds like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I don't whine about fouling, or stalling. I don't complain either bout playing teams where there are about 6 st4 or 5 players. I accept them as a part of the game, and how that specific team progresses. Well, i have a few one turners. don't complain. it's how my team progresses. And it's not that easy, double for the +MA, and another for the VLL. Yeah, 2 games max, then i got my one turner.

1/ it doesn't take vll and +ma it takes one or the other
2/ +ma isn't on a double
3/ chance of gutter runner getting double or +ma on first skill roll: more then 1 in 6, chance of orc blitzer getting +st on first skill roll: 1 in 36, DO THE MATH
4/ Im guessing that on average it will take a orc blitze rlonger to get a skill roll then a gutter runner, infact u could probably get 2-3 gutter runners there first skill roll in as many games as it takes for that blitzer to get a skill and therefore have a better then 50% chance of having one of them get vll or +ma.
5/ gutter runners are the second most stupid thing GW have done in BB(pro elf catchers being the first).
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

u Dont Mnemon, u run Away or dont play em,
i know your next comment
then dont play 1 turners

if no one is going to play them, then why make them?

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, that was getting hard to read. Do us all a favour and try to actually make your posts somewhat legible.

"I don't play dirty players."
"I don't play claw/rsc teams."
"I don't play lots of mb."
"I don't play one turners."

Quit whinging and find a way to beat them. You might not be able to directly block him but you can sure as hell make it far less than a certain score. You put three guys on the los as required, then put the other 8 across the field back far enough that the one turner can't get assists to drive though, and he's bound to trip sooner or later. As soon as he does, you slam a boot into his head and boom. At worst, he'll keep scoring with the one turner, the rest of the team will suck, his tr will be so inflated he has to give away lots of handicaps and his team will eventually die. Especially when you bash the crap out of his 7 av players on your turn.
Egad

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yo drop, that is a very biased opinion..... saying that one turnings is wrong is just like saying STR teams are wrong for making block, tackle, frenzy, mighty blow, pile on players or having DPs to foul the other team into submission. All three things are a different playing tactic. Now as for fouling or blocking the poor skaven players gutter runner.... For me as an orc team I would but at least least 2 guys in each wide zone when I am kicking off... make him blitz me if he is going to get past..... making him roll those dice. Plus every time he has to make a dodge with it around my orc blitzer with tackle is another chance for him to drop the ball Smile. Plus him scoring in one turn means I get the ball back and get some more time to wreak 'avoc. So there are always thing you can do to try to stop it. Just because you havent had much luck at it doesnt mean having a one-turner is a bad thing. Personally I welcome one-turners in early skaven teams... for the simple fact that he has had to get so much spp on it that the rest of the team barely has any skills Smile. Makes my orcs a very happy team Smile. And I voted no for the simple fact that I would make sure I took out a few of his other players to try to force him to field the thing every kick-off.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
im not saying its apart of the game, i just dont agree with it and i was wondering why people decide to make them etc a interesting forum to see peoples onpinions on it

but imo i dont agree with them
BURN ALL 1 TURNERS !!!

Well, I think we can all guess who has recently lost a very frustrating match to some one-turners...

So you don't think developing a 'one turner's' is ... what exactly? Morally right? Polite? In the spirit of the game? Does this mean I'm being bad (according to you) if in desperation to win on turn 8 of the match, I find a way to push a MA8 player off the LOS so that he can make a TD in one turn?

It's just that I'm a little confused about what you are objecting to exactly - is a stunty team throwing a team mate to score in one turn 'bad' also?

There are more ways to get a one turn TD than just make a GR with +MA and sprint, are there some you object to, others you do not? Also keep in mind that although it will shorten their lifespan to use them at all times, a MA 11 player that can GFI 3 times is incredibly valuable during just about any drive...
 Jump to: