70 coaches online • Server time: 23:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Covertfun

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, and I think Strong Sad agrees with me on this, it is the presence of other coaches that wrecks the game most of all... we ought to abolish the social aspect of Bloodbowl first, then worry about the fineries of the game system in our own time.

Playing another person means that yet another part of the game is not under your direct control, and hence makes it less good. Very Happy
Hecropolix

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh i have a really outlandish idea how about we get rid of handycaps in our open league because having them is incredibly stupid. Oh and while we are at it lets get rid of pro elves because they are unbalanced.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH wouldn't that be crazy.

I mean if we cut out handycaps people who CHOOSE to play and unbalanced game would actually have to play it rather then just hoping for a virus and we could have fun games that we expect to lose.

And cutting out pro elves i mean just compare them to high/dark elves. All they get i cheaper lineman(cutting out the main disadvantage of other elves) with less armour(wood elves have been doing it for years so no biggy). And their throwers cost less for less armour(which doesn't matter because a good elf thrower should never get hit). Now their blitzers they aren't good at all i meen they are just dark/high elf blitzers with an extra useful skill for 10k. And finally Their catchers are only need two normal skills(dodge, leap) combined with a thrower with 2 normal skills(accurate, safe throw) and you have an unstoppable offence.

OH wait all that would make perfect sence.

But of coarse the general population of fumbbl are so obsesed with winning that they are more likely to go with corparate slaves idea of no spp's then cutting out a team they can easily win with and nobody here seems to even be able to grasp the idea of how stupid it is to have a handycap system in an open league and if u r offended by that why don't you prove me wrong and stop thinking with ur coach rating and start using ur brain!!!
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hecropolix wrote:

But of coarse the general population of fumbbl are so obsesed with winning that they are more likely to go with corparate slaves idea of no spp's then cutting out a team they can easily win with and nobody here seems to even be able to grasp the idea of how stupid it is to have a handycap system in an open league and if u r offended by that why don't you prove me wrong and stop thinking with ur coach rating and start using ur brain!!!

Looks like we may have a candidate for the -50 coach rating points ... or maybe this one is just drunk and in an ornery mood? Laughing
Hecropolix

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ummm corporate slave when did i say i thought ur idea was serious?
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: May 02, 2004 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
...without demonstrating, however subtly, that they know this topic is a joke...

It's not that you said I was serious, just that you seemed more intent on hijacking this thread with pontificating against Pro Elves and the handicap system than keeping to lighthearted sarcasm.

Cheers, and good luck getting those two horrible aspects of Blood Bowl abolished! Smile

(Hey look, LRB 3.0 is out! Let's go have a read...)
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: May 02, 2004 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait... I have a better one... instead of playing the board game, why dont we make a life-sized pitch, and play on there? That way, you cannot learn a skill you already know or dont know! NO SPPS! WOOO!

Z
Stovaa

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

a joke? Why, I never knew. The outrageous ideas and opinions led me straight into believing that this was real.

*sarcasm*
dertre

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

rhooo are you sure ?
Grod

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. Well in English there is a saying "you only learn from your mistakes". Perhaps players should only gain spp if they fail something (ie fumbbled a pass, KO themselves blocking a troll) and erm the like.

Oscar Wilde
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Hmm. Well in English there is a saying "you only learn from your mistakes". Perhaps players should only gain spp if they fail something (ie fumbbled a pass, KO themselves blocking a troll) and erm the like.

On the flip side, we shouldn't award them spp's if they manage to get KO'd or worse in the process. (In the case of blocking a troll, knocking themselves down would be good enough) Because, frankly, they aren't going to learn anything if they don't remember what they did wrong.

Asperon Thorn
BigBear

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL but the sad thing is if no one had said anything there's always 1 Person who would have thought it true Wink
Mnemok

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I like the idea of not gaining personal SPP for TD or anything else.
Just record everything done and distribute randomly after the game.
There, the black orc got 2 points, the troll 10.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, the topic name was far to big a giveaway
 Jump to: