51 coaches online • Server time: 22:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stimme

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw in a match yesterday that the client adds +1 Mighty Blow to the +3 for Chainsaw, when a player with Mighty Blow knocks down a looney. My first thought was that this is wrong, as "Mighty Blow can not be used with the Stab or Chainsaw skills", according to the Mighty Blow skill description.

I assumed a quick internet search would bring up the answer, but all I found was an older TFF thread, where people "felt" it was correct.

Any thoughts on that? The argument that the blocker does not have the chainsaw skill, so the use of Mighty Blow is okay, doesn't seem correct - as the chainsaw skill is in play to resolve the outcome of the armor roll, so actually "used".
Calcium

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought it was clear. MB doesn't stack with a chainsaw. An opponent blocking/blitzing however has no chainsaw, so MB is perfectly ok.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

No, this is correct, as I read the rules anyway. The Looney is using the Chainsaw skill, the player with MB is using that skill. They are not being used 'with' each other, i.e. by the same player. Just at the same time.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in favour of any interpretation of the rules that makes chainsaws better.
However, intuitively and in the spirit of the rules and fluff I think the client is correct.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

In the boxing gym on Monday, I sparred with a guy who said he had a mighty blow. When he hit me I felt nothing. It does not work against me!

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
In the boxing gym on Monday, I sparred with a guy who said he had a mighty blow. When he hit me I felt nothing. It does not work against me!

I hope you asked your money back after that poor MB job.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 17:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

OK, the 6 year old white belt from Marty's Karate Kid school doesn't count.
 Jump to: