58 coaches online • Server time: 18:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aequitas

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, good old niggling injuries. If it's only 1 niggle on a good player or two, keep them. Occasionally they'll miss, but for the most part they'll show up (obviously). What becomes a dilemna is when a <b>great</b> player has two niggles. I kept my Star beastman <b>Reverend</b> for 30 games being double niggled. He missed quite a few, but I kept him due to his killer stats and apetite for blood. Even though the TR was killing me.

All comes down to whether or not you think it's worth the risk and if you can handle your team when they miss.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I kept this thrall as blood doll for my vampires and to bind the dangerous opposing players until he finally died after his 11th match.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=804942
the poor chap did not even get one single spp in his career
Kenty

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

So the moral of the story is to make all of your players the exact same so that you don't miss one when he doesn't show up.
Arlecchino

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I always retire a player when he roll or suffer a nigling. That's because:
1)He can don't play, but he count in tr/str when i'm searching for an opponent
2)Without him in the team i have a low tr/str so i can winnings more.

I retire a player also if i can't just replace him, less tr, moore winnings. I did it for all my team and i find very well, some hard match with few player but at the end i'm happy that all my team over tr/str 200 don't have a nig.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally Keep most of my nigglers unless i have a good reason not to (like he has no skills or is otherwise worthless)

and if you dont keep nigglers occasionally you wont get really really good players on your team (as aging will hit you eventually)

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=133572
vanGorn

Post   Posted: May 08, 2004 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

@Arlecchino:
To lower your teamrating and strength it would be more effective to retire those most expensive players collecting spp's. Wink

So, why even buy treemen, whose take root let them watch more turns from the dugout than a niggling injury would do? Confused

well, I haven't yet retired players, except snotlings on a full team roster.
I got half the price back for them, since they became assistant coaches.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: May 08, 2004 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In open the boring but effectice approach would to retire all nigglers. It's harder with fixed schedule where you want your team to be as good as possible and don't mind high TR that much.

I'd like an advice on this team:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL/Images/Roster_small.gif

Should I retire the NOS catcher? I'm not sure he adds as much to the team as to TR. And the stripball-guarder? I'd definetly prefer a new blitzer that gets guard quickly. On the other hand this team plays in blutballas so if I lose early I won't get any SPP:s at all!

Post   Posted: May 08, 2004 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire nig is the only way to keep a team forever.
And the "My11Thugs" team can show it to all u.
Also that famous team have to retire all the nig player and buy new.

Imo it's impossible keep a player forever, but only a team that have 16 player, so u can retire the old to buy a new player.
Mully

Post   Posted: May 08, 2004 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Retire nig is the only way to keep a team forever.
And the "My11Thugs" team can show it to all u.

ROTFLMAO

Although a legendary team My 11 THUGS is the example of how NOT to keep a team tong term. Look at the horrible record they achieved because there team TR was not managed in a way that would get them victories. Now people keep teams for various reasons, but if your objective is to win as many games as possible, that's NOT how to do it.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If they have 2 or more niggles I fire then on the spot, regardless.

If they have one niggle I fire them except:

1) by firing them I bring my team to less then 11 players.
2) if they have two or more Stat increases or double skill rolls or a combination of the two.
3) if they are a position player that I cannot go without. (ie my last blitzer, a thrower on an AG 3 team that has no other decent ball handler and the team can't fall back on the running game. (elf throwers NEVER fit into that category, no matter how good they are see #4.))
4) if they are not an elf. Elf teams are too expensive and dropping TR is much more important for earnings then keeping them around. (the exception to THAT rule is if by firing them I do not drop into a lower earnings bracket, l then use them as line fodder until retiring them will drop me. As a matter of fact This player made a career out of being line fodder. By the time he reached 25 games, and was still alive I used him as the main scorer just to get him dodge.)

Asperon Thorn
Arlecchino

Post   Posted: May 08, 2004 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully look the 11 thugs now.
In the past is how u tell but now the player with nig is retired.
Pinkerton

Post   Posted: May 08, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In your case Sparta, I would replace them as soon as I could afford it, starting with the Phoenix Warrior, as strong arm really isn't that useful once you have accurate - especially not compared to ST4 for a Lion Warrior.

Over all, as has been stated above, I think it a good idea to get rid of any nigglers as soon as possible (ie, as soon as you can buy a fresh player of the same, or an about equally useful, kind), with two basic exceptions:

a) if replacing a player leaves you with less than eleven players, or less players than you think you might need to put up a good game in your next match (bringing 11 or 12 AV7 players to the pitch is always a risk), it might be good to keep the niggled player around just for the extra manpower.

b) if the player has achieved something extraordinary with his rolls that sets him apart from the rest of the team, and most other players of the same position - this doesn't mean one-turning Gutter Runners, pass block +AG catchers, or +AG strip ball Wardancers, but more like a dwarf/ghoul with +AG or perhaps an elf with +ST and a strength-skill or two. Anything that makes the player pretty good at something the rest of the team are only average at, or, if through for example two or more stat increases, a player reaches a level of exellence hard to attain for anyone.

Even in these cases though, something ought to be done pretty soon. Keeping niggled players around could force you into a corner very quickly. You only make so much money per game, and if luck's against you with SI:s and bad ageing rolls, the entire team could start becoming a liability faster than you can hope to repair it.
Also, TR-drops aren't all bad. Certain teams hover at low TR continuously through only keeping one or a few skilled key players and retiring the linemen as they start racking up SPPs, in order to take on "genuine" fresh teams, and kick them all over the pitch.
 Jump to: