51 coaches online • Server time: 11:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Andariel

Post 1 Posted: May 05, 2004 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive seen alot of tournments around trying to find a "best coach".

Still none of them seem as plausible as something ive come up with.

The thing is this.
A Tournment where you get points for winning and ties, no bonus for making high cas/tds, cause the best coach wins, wathever it takes.

No cherrypicking. To work this out, a thread would have to be started in a forum where u make challenges to teams. any team who doesnt accept a challenge gets kicked out/loses points (maybe kick out would be too harsh)

You now ask... why dont YOU start this league...

Well, i dont have the time nor the skill to run a league like this... so i leave it open

Cheers.
has

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't the easiest form of "no cherrypicking" a round robin tournament? Also, lots of tournaments are based on points only for wins/ties (all those national leagues, for instance), and cup style tournaments are strictly based on winning the game. I'm sorry, but I don't see what makes your tournament proposal any special in this regard.

Besides, wouldn't some form of "best coach" tournament require coaches to play with several different teams? You could have an ambitious project where coaches have to play each of the official races during the course of the groups life. With nineteen teams in the league you could get a comprehensive result (for those nineteen players) in just slightly over three years (given two games a week)... =)
Andariel

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, i see ur point, thanks Very Happy
 Jump to: