34 coaches online • Server time: 12:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lorion

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I cant imagine why people wont play that team. My Helfs are more dangerous than they are, some people just dont play bashy teams period I think. Both my Welfs and CD's should be glad to take them on.
Cherry-picking just really makes me sick, even though not doing so has cost me 2 welf teams. With only 2 MB's your team is much nicer than a MB,PO, DP, gaurd psyko-dwarf team (and those i bashed up pretty nicely with my Helfs Smile)

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well actually, this team got approved with Hitler as player No1. So obviously not evryone in the admin staff shares ur opinion, m0nty. Plus: I didnt even complain about renaming the team, tho I think I should get a chance to give em names I prefer.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not criticising you, Mentok.
Mentok

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

That's not the point. Still, we maybe should get this straight via PM or even better via IRC. Discussing this is merely spamming the forum IMO.
---
To come back to the original issue: I prolly will dump the DP and see what happens. He has nothing but DP and no skills in the near future.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

You would not be allowed to have a team comprised of Nazis, for instance, and I think any team which even has Hitler as a player should have that player renamed. No, it's not funny. I don't care if you don't think it's fair.

That's BS. The names are not obscene. What's next ... Stalin, Osama Bin Laden, Atillah The Hun? All ruthless people IMO, but historical figures none the less. There's a difference between obscenity and tastefullness. Hell I'm sure alot of players would love "killing Hitler". This seems like censorship based on personal opinion.

It's a shame if you don't care if you think it's fair
It's also a shame if some admins/monkeys let their powers go to their
head.

Signed - Mully - protector of the little people. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally don't see anything wrong with it...

Z
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a set of guidelines for approvers as to what is acceptable and what isnt, because whether or not your team gets approved should not depend on which approver you get and how they feel about your team names
Mully

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

"All players and teams must be named. Make an effort figuring out names. We don't want silly names like 'Lineman 1' or offensive names. Use your judgement"

That's all there is in the Users Guide

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I can understand if some monkey renamed my team "poof and the gang" to "puff and the gang", even if i would have prefered to not approve the team at all so that i could have changed the names the way i liked. the same is with mOnty: if a team is approved, that's it! Changing team and player names afterwards is just arbitrariness (something old sport Hitler would have liked...), whatever you might care about or not.
And by the way, La La La is definitely a silly name... I just hope, none of my teams will be renamed after they've been initialy approved or maybe a list of names that are not allowed will be published by christer. My proposals are Michael Jackson, Burt Reynolds and of course La La La...
Gil-Galad

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with mully and Aloneandburned here. If we have to disapprove Hitler because people might find ti offensive, then we have to disapprove players named 'bush' or 'chirac' or whichever politican, because some people might find them offensive too. Even Michael Jackson should be disallowed, if we had to follow that idea.
m0nty

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Mentok took it with the hurmour in which it was intended. It's a non-issue.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry my Amazons didn't find your team earlier to play. Unfortunately, my ladies took to playing teams with far higher TR but only slightly higher Str (aka I was the recovery game for teams with players out a game or needing money to replace, etc). This worked well for a while, until in a 6 game span I lost 5 RIP and 4 niggles, every player with more than one skill (and incidentally all my players with more than one skill). Amazing what that does to your TR, no? I lost well over 125 pts of TR, and the team was also losing ff as well so I couldn't afford to replace anybody. Alas, the team got retired and I'll restart from scratch. But the point is challenge higher TR/close Str, they'll appreciate the recovery game against your "soft" team.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

m0nty wrote:
Yes, I renamed them mostly for fun, but there is a serious side to it. You would not be allowed to have a team comprised of Nazis, for instance, and I think any team which even has Hitler as a player should have that player renamed. No, it's not funny. I don't care if you don't think it's fair.

But having players called Gengis Khan, Stalin or Charles Manson would be okay? Rolling Eyes What about Beria, Harold Shipman and Mislosovic?

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry lads. I hear they are finishing the re-write of history as we speak. The book burners of our generation will not march to the goose step or the church bell but rather will march to the siren call of the meta-narratives of Human Rights, Gender Studies and Equality.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Damm bunny, are you an irrate arts student by chance?