53 coaches online • Server time: 20:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Vote for the injuries you like the most!
BH is the best, and my opponents agrees.
65%
 65%  [ 69 ]
SI miss takes them out of my way. It makes my opponent weak, and that makes me feel potent!
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
SI nig, or an attribute drop... I love it when they get retired because of me!
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
A violent Death, the ultimate niggle.
26%
 26%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 105

JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In my last game against a +30 lizard team my Dark Elves won thanks to the high number of sent-off-skinks. In the end, my 11 heroes outnumbered the sauri 11 to 8, so I had little trouble defending.

I caused 5 BHs... and my opponent never used his apo, waiting for some worse injuries... which never came.

Since the apothecary leaves the healed player on the field, I thought that I had been lucky not to force him into using the apo... I had 1 opponent "out for sure" with each BH I caused.

Obviously, causing RIPs is sometimes funnier than just BardlyHurtingTM the opponent, but in this case the absence of permanent damage boosted my chances to win.

Vote!!!

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Badly hurt is the best.

1-You get the same spp's.
2-the opponent never ever uses his apo for bh meaning you have tactical advantage.
3-my name is not wuhan. I actually like it if my opponent has a good time too.
HoboJed

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

BH deffinitly. If I could, I would make every casualty I inflict a BH, but obviously only 50% will be on average...

I don't want to wreck other players teams, but I will take any opportunity to injure his players if it's tacticaly sound to do so, and BHing players gives all the benefits (spp, player removed from the pitch) without any of the down side (angry opponent, more likely apoth usage).
Ash

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

BH at 100%...
Not cause i don t want to make damage on opponement team. Damage is good to avoid TR 500 teams.
No, i like BH cause a coach never use his apo on it. When i work hard to put a player out, i hope my opponement will not use his apo so BH is the best for me.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely BH. No reason to ruin a team. It's no fun for anyone. But yeah, tactically speaking it makes sense too. Hell, I hardly ever use it on a SI with no perm damage. So that would be a close second...
Mazzix

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

BH.

For the tactic, I prefer it when not apoed, so BH is good. I even feel frustrated when my opponent apoes a BH, its not helping me.

I hate to kill my opponents players. As someone stated before, its more fun if the opponent enjoys the game too.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

it depends... on "Open" Games... BH definitly...

but here's the thing... if you are playing on a tournament or on Faction it depends. You may play the team again or if the team is "fit" will make more points and thus win the tournament. In Open games BH is perfect... on leagues and/or tournaments SI or RIP.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends.
Most times I prefer BH, but there are exceptions.
With a beast of Nurgle or Undead RIPs are finest, aren't they?
moussambani

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with BH, not that you have much control over that, however. Mazzix, if opponen apothes a BH player, teach him why that was a mistake, hehe.

Also, an Apoth fails death is something quite sad, I don't like it even when I am in the giving end of it.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Death, then apo, the Apo fails
so enjoyable when they begin to curse at you, and conceade as it was there wd with 100spp's

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

BH is best. You get the SPP, the player gets out of hospital in time for the next game, everyone is happy. Except Khorne. He's throwing skulls at his Cabalvision set in an angry rage.
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Niggings are the nastiest injuries. The players is not dead, but his usability drops. And the coach has to decide, kick or stay, kick or stay, kick or stay Smile On dead, they can only cry. But its over and another player will come. On a niggling, the player maybe stays in the team, and on tourneyfinals you opponent rolls a virus. Razz

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

An early death where the apothecary is used (preferable failed) followed by several more deaths. How can your opponents learn to fear you if all you do is cause some BH, and they have an apothecary to use in some worst case scenario.

Even from an unsadistic point, your opponent will be much more cautious with his best players if his apothecary has already been used...

Oscar Wilde
Muldvarpen

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Death is the best injury, since its more fun. Nothing better that killing your opponent best player, having him whine the rest of the game. Og course i understand the tactic that BH is the best injury, since the injured player will most likeliy not be healed, but a RIP is so much more fun.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Death, apo works, Fouled death, thats also tasty