55 coaches online • Server time: 17:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lamoron

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

In an upcomming tabletop game, my Orc team is going to face Chaosdwarfs, and as I'm pretty new to the game, and an amazing 3 game veteran with orcs, so I would like some advise Very Happy

My team is a TD based orc team, featuring

1 Troll - No skills
2 Black Orcs - No skills
4 Blitzers - 1 +MA, 1 Strip Ball, 1 Dodge
2 Throwers - No skills
3 Goblins - No skills

3 RR
FF 10

His team

1 Minotaur
2 Bull Centaurs
4 Chaosdwarf Blockers
5 Hobgoblins (two with block, one with leader, one with +AG)

2 RR
FF 6

My first idea was to go Hobgoblin hunting, since beating them all to a bloody pulp would seriously hinder his ability to handle the ball. But KO'ing (or worse) 5 of them is a bit optimistic with my rolls, and the fact the he has more block on his team than me.

Next up was Bull Bashing, but taking them both out when he protects them is also a bit hard, and besides that, he seems to mostly use Hobgoblins to score.

A third option is to do what won me the first three games, and just plainly run like hell and score touchdowns, but I'm fearing the Bulls with their higher move and strenght will hunt my Ballcarrier like there was no tomorrow.

So, wich route would be the best to pursue? I'm a bit newbie'ish, though not catastrophicly so, but have most of my experience with low-strenght fast teams.

I have the 50k to hire a Wizard, so I will do that to give me the opportunity to trash his cage or keep him from forming one, any comments or suggestions?

"Fuck it dude, let's go bowling"
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The bulls have no breaktackle and no block, so tie them up with players of your own and you will turn the into black orcs.
Mully

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you have issues.

Biggest problem is your team has 3 gobs rather than orc lineman. Their dodge will be useless against the tackle linemen. Plus he can go gob hunting just as easily as you can go hobgob hunting.

1) Use your BOBS to ties up his BCs every turn. Even if they spend the ENTIRE game standing back up, they will occupy the 2 best players.

2) Stay away from the Mino. Force him to move or blitz and hope for a WA roll or pow/skulls.

3) Play patient on defense. Wait till you can get a 1D blitz on a hobgob with your strip ball blitzer and take it. It may mean tieing up all the longbeards with some throwers and gobs to do it.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Biggest problem is your team has 3 gobs rather than orc lineman. Their dodge will be useless against the tackle linemen. Plus he can go gob hunting just as easily as you can go hobgob hunting.

That's true ofcourse, usually my Gobs are not involved in anything involving the ball, they serve as assists (mostly to help my Throwers stop breakthroughs from a single fastmoving ballcarrier), but as stated, they will have no dodge when faced with Chaosdwarf Blockers, so perhaps they should just use their move, and run to recieve the ball, then he will have to use his hobgoblins to beat them up, or risk a fast TD.

Quote:
Use your BOBS to ties up his BCs every turn. Even if they spend the ENTIRE game standing back up, they will occupy the 2 best players.

Hmm, theres a thought... and he will need to tie up at least one other player to get a resonable block, or it will drain rerolls.. either way I gain.

Quote:
Play patient on defense. Wait till you can get a 1D blitz on a hobgob with your strip ball blitzer and take it. It may mean tieing up all the longbeards with some throwers and gobs to do it.

That's a possibility, maybe I need to play the Gobbos more like my Skinks, and just go beggin for the pain, and tie up some of the opposition Neutral

Thanks, nice views.

"Fuck it dude, let's go bowling"
mUst

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

pfff... 3 gobling... no more then 3 players that are gonna get kicked off fouling the shit out of the BC
Lamoron

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
pfff... 3 gobling... no more then 3 players that are gonna get kicked off fouling the shit out of the BC

Well that's an option to Twisted Evil

To bad DP is a general skill, and I don't have it either, since the league I play is pretty friendly, and you get seriously physically injured if you foul to much.

"Nobody fucks with the jesus"
Lamoron

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the match was played and won 3-0 so thanks for the advise.

Memorable moment was when he forgot my hired wizard and formed a cage.... the minotaur, two chaosdwarfs and three hobgoblins all hit the ground, none where injured though, but it was an easy TD for me.

And my team got it's first casualty ever... four games and one casualty with an Orc team.... but heck, the TD difference is +8 in four games (10-2), so what do I care.

"Nobody fucks with the orcs!"
Steiner

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe a little less "fuck" in it, especially if it's not making sense at all....
Lamoron

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay Very Happy It's a quote from the movie "The Big Lebowski" but fair enough.

"Cheers mate" - must be better
MixX

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, my Dwarf teams motto is "Don't F**k with us!!" and during one memorable turn I killed 2 beastmen (on a Nurgle's Rotters team, so no apo).. In 2 consecutive blocks actually.. He wasn't happy. Not happy at all..
origami

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nevermind.

Last edited by origami on %b %19, %2004 - %04:%May; edited 1 time in total
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm.. how about less eff bombs period. If I can't put the word "Bastards" in my team names I hardly think this is going in an appropriate direction.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, what's wrong with bastards? It's a proper word in british english and is used for children of noble and common heritage, plus it is also used for dogs without proper pedrige!
Stovaa

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget about the Bastard Sword (hand and a half sword).
veron

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Lamoron wrote:
It's a quote from the movie "The Big Lebowski" but fair enough.

What? "Nobody fucks with orcs!" is a quote from Big Lebowski? Must be a director's cut or something, can't remember a quote like that myself.... Wink
 Jump to: