23 coaches online • Server time: 04:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pow902

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I admit, I was letting a streak (10 games) of bad luck get to me, now finally I played a game and no one got a niggling or got killed!!

So I´m happy again, it was the accursed Blind Guardians who started my streak of Doom *shakes fist* when they killed four and niggled two players he he.

Well anyways, sorry for letting my bad mood dictate my posting, I´m going away for the weekend and I´m sure I´ll have a much better morale when I come back Very Happy

So my true opinion is really that I like writing bios and stuff and think it adds to the game. Just disregard the old post and I´ll see you on the pitch (please be gentle Very Happy )
public_Bob

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all. I love goblins. They rule. I wrote bios most of my players. I develop the team bio with any interesting match. Fluff rules. I like short sentences. Here is my team:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=59083

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Couple of my own developing team's. Still very much a work in progress Smile

Orcland Savages

Silverymoon Defenders

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

omg, someones revived my old topic Razz

Id love a cool tourney with a "good" (as in extensive) bio as a demand Razz BTW cool teams guys.
Doowa

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

SunTzu wrote:
Id love a cool tourney with a "good" (as in extensive) bio as a demand Razz BTW cool teams guys.

It's been tried a couple of times even in the half year I've been around, but it's never been a succes I'm afraid. You're welcome to try again, but I'm afraid it's just to much work for the average casual fumbbl coach Wink

Making actual bios is to much work for me as well. Though I would never make a team without a theme, complete with names that match and team logo.
http://fumbbl.com/~Doowa

As you can see in my sig I ones had a great vision to make sites for each turnament team, but it got boring and to much work with studies and work.

Post 13 Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't bother with bioses.

This is a board game, not a RPG, and I have better things to do than think out a background for players that won't ever have a chance for roleplay anyway.

Waste of time.

I totally agree with good backgrounds for RPG, and I totally enjoy RolePlaying, but in a board game, come on...

Did you ever bother to think a background for creatures you produce in Warcraft? Same thing here, IMO.
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

If a Warcraft game could continue for several years, and you only had 11-16 units, and it was fully implented in the game? Yes, then i would.

Creating bioses can add an extra depth to the game, and frankly, its also quite for alot of ppl.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Not wanting to refresh the whole negative attitude thing, as soon as I write a bio for the team/players/both and/or change the pictures the team gets MESSED up.

Oh and if I write about my teams winning streak they lose their next match.

Its a shame too because I love bios they keep my interest going with high tr teams and bring new aspects to the game.

If Nothing Bad Can Happen get to tr 250 I might try and end the curse but until then my teams are going to be sadly generic.

The obvious solution is for everyone to avoid killing my players - that way we all have our bio related fun! Laughing

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I really dont understand the negativity towards team/player bio's, there simple and easy to create, and lets face it they DO create a certain feel or ambiance for the team.
Guys if your worried about going to the effort of creating a team/player bio then having them get trashed ( which i do understand BTW ), why not start out small. The simple and obvious answer is to develop them over time as your team/players develop. Theres no rule stating you need a epic bio of Tolkien like proportions or a literary masterpiece when you first create or start playing a team, is there ?

And if your sure that going to the effort of adding a player bio will lesson that players "life expectancy", so what!!!
Use it as fodder for more fluff... Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all. As can be seen I fired this topic again. Mostly coz i love fluff. inquisitorpustus - if i can write bios for my goblins im sure you should fear player death less than me!. Also if a player dies you can buy another player. You can give him the same name. You can copy and paste his bio from a txt file you saved it in. That way you never lose your good fluff! There is no rule against this is there?

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I create my bios because I enjoy it, and I know some people out there like this kind of stuff. I know I enjoy reading other peoples bios/work, it's interesting and adds a bit of fun. Plus, if you've created a long-term team the players <b>deserve</b> it! They all have a tale to be told y'know..

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've created a few simple but effective looking tables to display my teams records.

Check them out -

Deadly Serious
'Roid Rage

If anyone wants the templates to use or modify let me know and i'll happily PM them to you.

-Ren
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade wrote:
I've created a few simple but effective looking tables to display my teams records.

Check them out -

Deadly Serious
'Roid Rage

If anyone wants the templates to use or modify let me know and i'll happily PM them to you.

-Ren

Very, very nice! I wouldnt mind getting those btw Smile
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2004 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

With my guys, I create player bios after they get their second skill, so you have an idea of their "personality". Like, this blitzer spends more time injured than playing. Does he have a girlfriend near the ko box? Or this guy does nothing yet gets all the team MVP nods...a real crowd pleaser, hamming it up for the crowd. Then, after each new skill the player's bio gets updated a little bit more to include recent events. Maybe the former ham has started taking things more seriously of late--is he in a contract year, looking for more money? That type of thing...

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2004 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats cool, whatever rocks your boat Smile
 Jump to: