36 coaches online • Server time: 08:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Moomoo

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dumb question, but since I haven't played bb yet I don't want to look like a complete fool playing with pro guys. So can I somehow play against a computer opponent? Or are there other noobs out there willing to play with me?

Thanks
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you can always play with yourself. By yourself! I meant BY yourself. As in a stand alone game where you control both teams. It won't count on Fumbbl, but it can help you get a feel for the game, how assist and passes work, etc.

You can also find other new players by asking in IRC, but there is currently no way to play a computer opponent (although there is a long thread on it, search 'artificial intelligence.') Just mention you are a newbie looking for a newbie match and you can probably find one without too much trouble. Everybody had a first game once.

Good luck!
Delta

Post   Posted: May 26, 2004 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Moomoo wrote:
Dumb question, but since I haven't played bb yet I don't want to look like a complete fool playing with pro guys.

Whilst it is true that some experienced coaches will delight in ripping apart a noob, the real pro players will help you along.
Luckily the decent coaches on Fumbbl outnumbers the tossers by about 99% to 1%.

And like Corporate said..."play with..." ahem, no not that bit....erm... "Everybody had a first game once."

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks everyone!
Clementus

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are really in trouble finding a basic game ask an admin, we ourselves are normally willing to help new people if not play against them and I know of several coaches including me, who have low teams solely to help new players.

Flings Rule!
 Jump to: