32 coaches online • Server time: 00:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is your view on Do Not Play lists?
I have a DNP list.
35%
 35%  [ 42 ]
I have a DNP list and a Must Play List.
17%
 17%  [ 20 ]
I am going to make a DNP list now that I read this.
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I think DNP lists are a bad idea.
32%
 32%  [ 38 ]
I should be on most DNP lists
11%
 11%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 117

TheCetusProject

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't Not Play a don't foul me, I'd just foul them a bit more Smile
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think anyone who says every fumbbl game they play is fun is fooling themselves (certainly not other ppl). I've witnessed extreme enough behavior that it's not worth an hour of my time to experience it again. Personally, I think both players are better off not matching up again if there's been a problem in the past. I have a DNP list, with reasons for each and a caution that other people may have a different experience with these folks--essentially to not take my word for it.

I also have a horrible memory, and since I frequently play from different locations putting it in my bio makes a lot of sense. If it's really offense to someone I suppose I could comment it out and read when necessary via view|source.
Nukeall

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

My DNP list is very small and includes only people fouling just for the pleasure of destroying your team without event a small inclination to score. For me those people are like Teamkillers on FPS games, they are just bored and want other people to suffer because they are... Fouling is not a problem if the objective remain to win the game or the trophy otherway this is only pervert.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I don´t play coaches, who whine about me having a DP on most teams.
Well... actually because the don´t play me Wink

I just prolly decline a match, when the team of my opponent shows more interest in hurting the opponent than playing the ball, when all doubles are invested into Claw/RSC or the first skill is always MightyBlow before Guard...
TheCetusProject

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Good grief, is the game Blood Bowl or Whine Bowl Razz
SkatKat

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a DNP list, and I´m darn proud of it too!
I have reasons posted, and I think everyone should spend at least ½ a second pondering over it!
If anyone was named Whine Bowl they´d be on my DNP list too, same reason as everyone else is there!

So dont waste you time, come see my Bio :p
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2004 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Like some of the others.. I have a DNP list that only includes super-slow players (4min+ a turn), habitual quitters and timely droppers (wow.. he lost connect after an SI yet again!). For all other coaches its team specific whether I take a match or not.

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2004 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Bah I want a poll option "I do not have a play list and I dont care about what anyone else does"

I only check the team to play with, and choose if play or not. Then all that can i expect is all actions write in the rules.

P.s.: One time a coach say to me that i'm on his DNP list because i foul. I answer that i add him to my DNP list because he pass tha ball. (it's a joke ) I really don't undestand why people play a game that don't accept the rules.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2004 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

P.s.: One time a coach say to me that i'm on his DNP list because i foul

He probably meant something more like "you foul like an ass$$$$" but was being kind.

Please reserve any adittional comments for Fouling :Part of the Gamd so we can get to 1,000 posts.

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2004 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a DNP list on my coach info, with reasons (as I feel witout them it holds no merit) but it is primarily for assisting my own memory. However, if someone PM'ed me for my opinion on a coach, i would give it to them. This is just a simpler way of showing my opinion, and less PM intensive for all involved.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2004 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you know in all my games I have never come across a player who 'drops' after a SI. I must be lucky I guess.

LordSigmund - Your gonna get blasted for having a DNP list shown on your bio - however accurate it may be
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2004 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i didnt realise it was against the rules, the only thing in the rules that relates to it is 'Discussing other people's styles of play does not qualify as personal attacks'

if an admin tells me to remove it, i will, but its just an expressed opinion, i do not consider my coach info page public in the way that the forum is, as for someone to go there, they would have to want to know about me, and I feel my DNP list is relevant info

however, if the admins feel different and tell me so, i will take it down
Loof

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2004 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have a list but i try to memorise coatches i didnt like playing against, so far the only way to get on the "list" is to be a bad looser meaning whining excesivly, making pointless fouls once the game is lost and so on. In other words unsportsmanslike conduct gets a mental note...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2004 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If I loose against a fouler, I will put him in my "DO play list". I feel the need to take revanche and beat him, with or without foul.
Quod

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2004 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe, my DNP list also doubles as a "Do Play" list, if i can corner them with a superior team and kill/maim as many of his players as possible.

Jump to: