29 coaches online • Server time: 13:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
buzzrocks

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i hate it when people spring little suprises like a wizard or new player on me its really bad form Sad
bluetooth

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone is going to buy a wizards for the next game, why cant they do it before looking for a game? IMO its just pathetic to sneak some changes before the match. This game should be fun - for the both team managers. Is winning truly that important..?

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I ask my opponent whether or not he's planning to hire a wizard/star/new player if he has the cash available. If he lies... well that's just low. I always tell my opponent if I am planning to show up with a star/wizard (I actually never hire either, except the Rune Smith on my Dwarf team, which isn't a wizard in the traditional sense and undisruptive to the other coach, imo).

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

true, those who feel they are being "ambushed" by suddenly facing a wizard or star or whatever are whinerz.
That´s the reason to save the money, tough luck, but that´s life.
Although I would say u should tell ur opponent, because in tabletop - both have the chance at the same time, and u can therefor freeboot urself.
Topper

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

true, those who feel they are being "ambushed" by suddenly facing a wizard or star or whatever are whinerz.
That´s the reason to save the money, tough luck, but that´s life.
Although I would say u should tell ur opponent, because in tabletop - both have the chance at the same time, and u can therefor freeboot urself.
Allways play straight, and don´t whine about small things.
And get used to play in tournaments where u cannot decline ur opponent, then when ur WE have played a dwarf team with TR40 better a few times, u´ll know how to try not getting killed ur players.
Ignatius

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Myrdin your the man and there are a lot of whiners in here. Alibaba has been included in my personal profile checklist for coaches i wont play because the suck. So atleast you acomplished something.
odi

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I play gobbos and flings in ranked, and when ever I have the money, I will buy a chainsaw for my gobbos. But I do this always before I ask ppl to play me. and if they ask me if I foul with my gobbos... Hmm... Now why would I have all those DP's on my gobbo team if I didn't. Yeah, that's right, I'm a bad person Smile

Well, I don't think I'll get into the situation like Alibaba did, I rarely check the rosters of ppl who want to play.
Davishar

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with sparticus. Who cares what they buy and when Wizard is a one shot deal. I will play any team any time any where with out crying some one bought this or that. Look at there cash and be prepaired, Thats what I always say. You know the victory will be that much sweeter when I beat them, and if I loose... so what. This is a GAME and it is for FUN. What are you really winning anyways... Man some people take things too seriously Wink
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup like mezir i always ask before hand, or mention if they would mind if i hired a star as i have 200k in the bank , hence why my tr is so high., i actually like people to show up with more players..... no idea why that is though ;p

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Mayby I have to post something in to this intresting conversation.

1st thing thanks to those who think I did dodged terrible trick. Which I didnt do. I have many times hired players, bought players, hired stars, hired wizards, etc. So Thats not the reason why I didnt play again Myrdin. I have tried to change my playing style towards friendly style. I must say that my halfling team was real newbie basher. But now I am really trying to play somewhat fair games. I could play game against his wizard and his team. No big deal. That wizard would most likely be useless. So no problem there. The Thing is that he didnt say anything about it. I would play against him if he would say: "I hired wizard." Then there wouldnt be any problem. Now he didnt say a thing about that. That is lame. You dont have to say, but you should say. So I didnt play. And now Myrdin made this so big thing. And what I would like to point out, is that this is nothing else but flaming my name. If he wanted to make conversation about what hapend. Why there is my name? Is it so important. That is thing that I dont understand.
I played against Mezir. It was Fumbbl Cup 3 finals, he asked me if I am going to buy any stars and told that he is not going to. He hired runesmith. Didnt know that, but after all it didnt really help him. Still it was nice that he asked it straight. Thats the way we should do it.

I dont mind if you continue this Tactics & Strategy conversation.
I Give you new point. Team with 260/200, 500k cash.
You host. He has 11 players at the roster. Other team appears and he got 4 stars and wizard. Wuhuu.. Where is the game spirit. 1 wizard is nothing, what about 1 star, 2 stars, 3stars, where is the limit?

Ignatius
I couldnt care less if I am on your list.

Sorry if my english is terrible or there is typos.
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

if hes willing to blow that much $$$ on hiring all them stars, go for it!!!!!!, like Topper said play in tournyments and then u really learn how to play games, cause u cant refuse opponent's and cheery pick your way to 200 tr, trust me orcs learn to play like elves and celves learn to play like dwarfs... its the only way u become a good coatch, if ANYONE ever plans to play in a tourny, NVR turn down a game against a same tr\str team u HATE to play aginst cause garrentee you ull get em if you play in tourny and since u hardly ever play them u wont have a clue how or what to do to stop them... including wizards... i would have taken it it as a good trainning match up, so u can learn when ppl use it, why ppl use it and how they use it, wher else are u gann get experiance from...

(little fact im proud off i killed the unstoppable 2 times in a tourny match). :`)
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Alibaba wrote:
You dont have to say, but you should say. So I didnt play.

I'm going to have to go along with this point right here. It seems that a few people posting here have missed this point, despite that in the chat that was included in the opening post it is made quite obvious: He didn't have a problem with facing a wizard, he had a problem with the issue of being treated dishonestly.

Maybe he should have asked about all the extra cash first, I don't know exactly how their converstaion before the game went.

Although freebooting a wizard, or anything else for that matter, before a game is fair according to the rules, the client is not able to implement this in a way that forces accurate compliance: that BOTH players discuss and hire freebooters at the same time after the game has been agreed on.

The point here is: have a bit of class, a small smattering of honor and don't try to sneak things in past an opponent. Especially in Ranked! It's open format - winning your next game is not the Sum of All You Have Accomplished. The point is to have a good time, and pulling tricks like trying to sneak in freebooters could reduce your opponent's fun - and yours if they refuse the game because of it!

My DNP list (such as it is - I never really bother to consult it) contains only one type of coach - the coach who has been a poor sport. Not the 16 fouls per game coaches, not the 4 one turner coaches. Just the ones that were not fun to play aginst due to a bad attitude.

So if someone's idea of the 'disadvantage' of hosting is that they can't spring surprise freebooters on their opponents, and therefore lose a tactical edge, I think perhaps they should work on their coaching skills a bit and they would find that such a dubious 'advantage' is hardly needed.

Just my opinion, sorry if I've P'ed anyone off!
borderline

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Go C-Slave! Smile
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you C-slave you are much better writer than I am. Wink
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Or you could just not look at teams before you play.......... And take them as they come....

Jump to: