42 coaches online • Server time: 14:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

This sort of thing dosen't or certainly should'nt come under Fumbbls code of conduct. This site is setup to abide by the lrb and any violations should be regarded as cheating.

If the vault rules changes how wizards and freebooted stars work then fine.

But until then I would regard refusing to play because an opponent hired a wizard and didn't tell the other palyer as a despicable action.

I would also like to petition the Fumbbl staff into changeing the rules to incorporate this into the site rules.
The only way the rules work is if they are ALL implamented coaches shouldn't be able to pick and choose on a whim.

Its cheating pure and simple

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a guy, asking for a game, with nearly same str and tr and afterwards showing up with Morg without mentioning?
The problem just isnt to play that, but the sportsmanship in it. I dont see any sense in doing such things.
Never heard about some of these things happenign playing tabletop.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I´m with the bunny here..
But I have to say to all those, that refuse to play, when your opp has hired a star/wiz as a surprise:
You are glad to take any handicap you get from his money in the bank, but when he uses the money (and that´s actually the reason, money counts for TR), the you cry. Damn.. you even cry, when he wastes some money, so that you DON´T get a handicap... there is something wrong!
Petter

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox wrote:
Or you could just not look at teams before you play.......... And take them as they come....

Not if you're a ranking-hunter I guess. But I agree, it's a lot more fun just taking games on TR. However, the frequent building of claw+dp all over in some chaos teams has forced me to checking chaos teams before accepting an offer.

What's the big deal anyhow... he secretly hired a wizard and put some use to his gold coins, who cares? It's part of the pre-game cloak & dagger and it's all good fun.

You guys are way too serious about this.. Smile
Petter

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

TurTur wrote:
How about a guy, asking for a game, with nearly same str and tr and afterwards showing up with Morg without mentioning?
The problem just isnt to play that, but the sportsmanship in it. I dont see any sense in doing such things.

Sportsmanship? This is murderous fantasy game with a spiked ball. So what if he hires Morg, that just means you got a more challenging (and possibly more FUN) game... And if you're really unlucky Morg ends up killing some of your players.. well good news is that you can start a new one then. Smile
Sutech

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Myrdin wrote:
I just regret that I didn't know this particular rule and therefore fell for nasty trick. I will know better next time, I'll be happy if someone learns from my mistake, much as I just did.

Funny thing that you made me learn the lesson, not by your misstake but by playing the same trick on me. As I said in the start of the game, I don't care much (I dislike the fouling more, even but I can handle that as well), but I care enough to know we won't play ever again, plain and simlpe.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember Freebooting stars/wizards etc is part of the pre game sequence....* the part thats after you decide to play* and where you roll the gate etc and handicaps......Its just like turning up for a rl game and your oppo goes * right Hire freebooters.... i'll have Zug/griff/morg etc* you dont wimp out of the game there .....hell no its a rl league, And how the hell can you call a Particular rule a nasty trick? Myrdin?............Is it your oppos fault you havent read the rules and he has....no...... i say no more on this... this subject is old.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

did petter agree with me?
about taking teams as they come?

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

TurTur wrote:

So you check the guys team and he has err 190K in treasury (I think thats what it takes to hire morg now) you can't then complain because he spends it! That 190K makes his team vastly weaker than yours because it dosent affect the game in any way. In fact its decidedly unfair for you to play the game if that cash does just sit around in his treasury.

If Morg shows up just foul him off the field. Anyway even if you hate fouling your, opponent hasnt lost anything so there's no problem right?

A lot of cash should make you immediately suspicious. Thats one of the reasons why you should always check team rosters before you agree to play.

Theres no problem with sportsmanship because its part of the rules its in the lrb so don't complain. If its a valid tactic you may not like it but don't complain because its unsportsman like. I detest fouling but i'm not going to moan when someone stamps on my players.

Also if you haven't experienced this tactic before you obviously havn't been playing for as long as some of us. Since you can't have stars as permanent members anymore this compensates slightly for that loss.

If you don't like playing stars (don't know why you would - waste of cash steal loads of spps) then here's a nice little rhyme.

190K??? - Dont play Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Glomp on %b %04, %2004 - %02:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Myrdin

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox wrote:
(snip)And how the hell can you call a Particular rule a nasty trick? Myrdin?............Is it your oppos fault you havent read the rules and he has....no...... i say no more on this... this subject is old.(/snip)

The nasty trick was that fumbbl doesn't follow the LRB pre match sequence. I have read the rules, and also read the LRB, what I did not take note of is the discrepancies between them in this case.

That is a lesson well learned. Anyways, in no place did I mention this as a sportmanship discussion, I was (and still am) annoyed that fumbbl doesnt follow the LRB pre-match sequence, but I can also see that this wont be changed soon and will probably mean that hosting a game will always put you at a disadvantage.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Morg 'n' Thorg sucks ass anyway 190K? I'd rather buy cheerleaders Laughing
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Myrdin wrote:
Zy-Nox wrote:
(snip)And how the hell can you call a Particular rule a nasty trick? Myrdin?............Is it your oppos fault you havent read the rules and he has....no...... i say no more on this... this subject is old.(/snip)

The nasty trick was that fumbbl doesn't follow the LRB pre match sequence. I have read the rules, and also read the LRB, what I did not take note of is the discrepancies between them in this case.

That is a lesson well learned. Anyways, in no place did I mention this as a sportmanship discussion, I was (and still am) annoyed that fumbbl doesnt follow the LRB pre-match sequence, but I can also see that this wont be changed soon and will probably mean that hosting a game will always put you at a disadvantage.

If you think this is an unreasonable tactic don't host then. Everyones happy....

Well apart for the guy you refuse to play because he bought Bomber Dribblesnot. Rolling Eyes
Myrdin

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
Myrdin wrote:
Zy-Nox wrote:

If you think this is an unreasonable tactic don't host then. Everyones happy....

Well apart for the guy you refuse to play because he bought Bomber Dribblesnot. Rolling Eyes

I don't really mind people buying wizards or starplayers. As far as I know I've never refused a game based on the fact that someone bought a starplayer or a wizard.

I do mind the fact that other people will refuse games because I have bought a wizard or a starplayer, this going contrary to the LRB. That is what really gets my goat. So now I don't host anymore, I even turn down games when people want me to host, so from my point of view the problem is solved.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Myrdin wrote:
inquisitorpustus wrote:
Myrdin wrote:
Zy-Nox wrote:

I don't really mind people buying wizards or starplayers. As far as I know I've never refused a game based on the fact that someone bought a starplayer or a wizard.

I do mind the fact that other people will refuse games because I have bought a wizard or a starplayer, this going contrary to the LRB. That is what really gets my goat. So now I don't host anymore, I even turn down games when people want me to host, so from my point of view the problem is solved.

In that case we need to change fumbbl rules to stop people cheating in this way. I take the point about fake irc logs, but some bright spark must surely be able to come up with a solution.

Maybe we could all announce a game in #fumbbl or a new channel so there's a record of conversations and accepted games which is admin accessable.

Just a thought.
Quod

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

In RL and lrb, your opponent tells you what they are buying. Someone turning up to a game in fumbbl without telling you what they are doing is cheating, no doubt about it. If they told you they are going to spend money, or what they are going to spend it on, it's not cheating. Because THAT is the same as a RL game.

Jump to: