49 coaches online • Server time: 16:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Phillier - you play enough and your reputation gets spread anyway. I think you are known as a fair player so I wouldn't sweat it. There are A**holes everywhere in the world. Just be glad some of them don't want to play you.

Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had too many players die on GFI's near the end zone. I wouldn't call it stalling as long as the blitzer moved towards the end zone and not just avoiding the opponent
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I take back everthing bad I ever said about danes! I love Denmark, and we scandinavian nations shall work together. A union, perhaps?

Think about it... Sweden vs. Denmark in the final. 2-2 after full time and overtime. We refuse to score during the shootout, and share the gold medal as brothers!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

We tied with Denmark and Sweden, so we deserve to go back home.

Still, the 2-2 match between Denmark and Sweden was a bit disgusting to me (I'm talking as a soccer fan, even if you all think that is my italian soul that's speaking).
Shame on soccer stallers... who hide beneath their so-called fair play when they have a camera shot of an opponent, but cheat a match.

Btw: I have no problems with stallers... it's a valid tactic. And, more than this, going for it when unnecessary is just nonsense. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah! Sweden didnt stall! Sweden are the good guys!

Oh and btw, if your put into a position where a player can stall for the rest of the half, then you DESERVE to be stalled. Stalling is a risktaking, a good player will make sure its either too risky to stall, or blitz the ballcarrier.
AndersZappa

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed......No way.

But it was the most hilarious thing I have ever seen in football, only next to the Italian people cheering after they had scored their second goal, only to find out a few seconds later that Denmark drew, which is when they broke into tears in stead.
There's nothing like watching an Italian football player cry. Razz
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Everytihng that is needed to be said is said so I just agree...

You didnt stall. I you wouldnt have scored the turn after you would have stalled, but thats "part of the game" as fouling and so on... I'd play you any day of the week. Wink

Swe-Den stalled, so... It was just minutes away and no one wanted to take a chance. I dont think Italy (or any other team for that matther) would have played any diffrent, taking any unnessecary chances and spoil it all.

Mattias Jonson scoring in the 89th minute is amazing. He is the hero who saved us, with a lot of help from Christian Wilhelmsson. The fact that Italy score 2-1 in their 94th minute, just made it even more important. I was a fair clean game. The referee was a joke though.
Hovring

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed I saw that moment too, it was quite amuzing. The italian running happy towards the bench only to be told by a sub that it was 2-2 and then go straight from happy to crying. Thats what I call a moodswing.

Btw the game was stalled for only 2 minutes I wouldn't call that fixed, just simple reason from the players not risking it all in overtime.
Kruppe

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

well offcourse nobody wanted to take chances when their advancement was secure during the last minute.

But the match itself was hard fought. Actually Denmark was very dissappointed with the draw afterwards, cause that means we will meet the checks, who have kicked ass the whole tournament.

But hey im glad italy and their primadonnas are out Smile
Dementor

Post 9 Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't win a game yesterday because I didn't stall. Khemri vs. Necros. Made the 1-0 with 3 opponent turns on the clock. As we both had only 7 or 8 players to field he easily made the equalizer with his fast werewolfs. Couldn't remove them from the pitch for the whole game Sad
Lorion

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Didn't win a game yesterday because I didn't stall. Khemri vs. Necros. Made the 1-0 with 3 opponent turns on the clock. As we both had only 7 or 8 players to field he easily made the equalizer with his fast werewolfs. Couldn't remove them from the pitch for the whole game

Thats why stalling is a valid part of the game.... if possible U should have stalled. I accidently stalled 4 turns against a welf team with my necros IRL. Mainly because my wolfs couldn't pick up that darn ball. Didnt matter much though since he only had 2 players left Smile.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Forza Azurri!! Buhahhaa!!
Markus

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

A few days ago I had a quite similar experience as Phillier. My young HE played a bunch of lizzards. Turn 6 first half icould have scored with my Dragon Warrior if I had made an unnescessary GFI without rr left. My opponent called me "lame". I explained the reasons for not GFI espescially without rr and the possibility to score with the lizzards in 2 turns. Well, he complained a little bit and mentioned a few not to friendly coments about stallers. 2nd half when he, had to make just one tiny, never failing Twisted Evil , gfi (without rr) in turn 7 to even the score, he didn't gfi Surprised . I had to call him "lame" Wink .

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The guy who conceded at that point of the game, was either really stupid, bonehead or both of them and he rolled 1. phillier, you have nothing to worry about. We all just want to get the name of the coach, so that we can play him and make him concede. And get the money and 2 mvp. I know I would.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Now I know. Oh boy, am I gonna stall when i play him? Sure!

Jump to: