51 coaches online • Server time: 11:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

At least this thread will save me catching up on the previous 44 pages that I missed Wink

Foul. Don't Foul. I DONT CARE!

Edit: Oh No! I just started page 2! It's never ending now!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I fully second this... though many people don´t understand it...
I have a DP on nearly all my teams and believe me... most of the times I don´t even use them!!
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Does wuhan even play anymore? i aint seen him in a while

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL i can see most of the people that posted a reply, didnt even take the time to read what i said, and just went off on a rampage. either that, or they were too dense to understand what it means.

this includes you stevie, you seemed to miss the part where i said, and i quote: "fouling belongs in this game..." the post was not about fouling. read it again, only this time try to actually take in what it says. i am not going to waste my time even trying to repeat it. i can already see it would be useless.

thanks kevin, at least i know there are a few around here that can read.
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This discussion depends entierly on how you define the word "game".

According to poweraxis, a game is something you play to build your team, trying out different moves and having a nice chat.

According to me, a game is a set of rules. Playing that game is to optimize your strategy within those rules.

If you play a game while not trying to win it you are wasting your own and also you opponents time IMO.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

there are games with no rules

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, I wasn't aware that behind raztas fouling mania there is something like tactics and intelligence. I am amazed. ;o)

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

people that have an issue with in game violence are morons, Its a game , take your team attachment and shove it up your arse.

Anyone up for some CS, flash grenades only!!!!
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

..." the post was not about fouling. read it again, only this time try to actually take in what it says. i am not going to waste my time even trying to repeat it. i can already see it would be useless.

hmmm ok I read it again. So you fouled Stevie in T8 of your game. And you are saying you are one on those asses who are out to destroy teams and you feel bad about it. OK, got it now thanks

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

poweraxis wrote:
LOL i can see most of the people that posted a reply, didnt even take the time to read what i said, and just went off on a rampage. either that, or they were too dense to understand what it means.

this includes you stevie, you seemed to miss the part where i said, and i quote: "fouling belongs in this game..." the post was not about fouling. read it again, only this time try to actually take in what it says. i am not going to waste my time even trying to repeat it. i can already see it would be useless.

thanks kevin, at least i know there are a few around here that can read.

Yes indeed. In any case, check out the Vault rules, it sounds like DP is likely to be Nerfed down a bit for the new rules revision, so no worries eh?
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
WAAAAAAAAAAAH! another fouling thread, make it stop please god make it stop. Crying or Very sad

I hate to be pedantic (not really) but this has all been covered elsewhere can we all talk about something else now?
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Yes indeed. In any case, check out the Vault rules, it sounds like DP is likely to be Nerfed down a bit for the new rules revision, so no worries eh?

Depends on how you look at it. Removing IGMEOY allows you to foul EVERY turn without an INCREASED risk of fouling. Some of us are bitching that although the DP skill is now not as powerfull, the foul act itself will become as common as the blitz.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Question Question Foul? what is a foul? Question Question
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:

Depends on how you look at it. Removing IGMEOY allows you to foul EVERY turn without an INCREASED risk of fouling. Some of us are bitching that although the DP skill is now not as powerfull, the foul act itself will become as common as the blitz.

Yes, well since Poweraxis was in fact concerned about the team-destroying power of DP and not about fouling in general, then he should find reducing the power of DP a decent solution, even if it is part of a system that leads to more (yet less destructive) fouls overall.

It's always sad when a nice thread about a particular skill gets hijacked by the Fouling Debate Beast... Crying or Very sad
Ash

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The point is a lot of people think the only way to win is to have more player than opponement...
don't understand, i ve a good win average and i do really few cas...