46 coaches online • Server time: 19:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
A single +AG on a troll will not increase TTM success in the slightest.

It reduces the danger of a fumble by 16.7%, though.
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

On the skills, point taken. Most players would be lucky to get two skills. However I do not understand why everyone goes Bash bash bash.
The Dwarfs seem to be so effective with tackle as their opponents are motionless you must have a skill to counter the elves.
On a blitzer I would go block then tackle. Then shadowing and any ma increases after that I would definately take.

ON your blockers I would go your block then guard then tackle. Why so you can pone a coach with dodge.
Topper

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

U can allways use both AG, and MA.
Depends on how u play, if ur BO is allwys in the frontline donĀ“t give him AG or MA.
But if u like a slightly slower, but stronger Blitzer or mayby as a "lastman " in defence MA and Ag is great.
On doubles ALLWAYS give him a skill, that requieres such a roll. EG. Standfirm, Frenzy(really great for a BO), Dodge, and mayby even Sidestep to get inside opponents cages.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
Britnoth wrote:
A single +AG on a troll will not increase TTM success in the slightest.

It reduces the danger of a fumble by 16.7%, though.

No it doesn't. Fumbles happen on a 1, the target for an accurate pass does not change the modifiers for tackle zones and range. An ag5 thrower will still fumble a long pass one third of the time without reroll.

Plus, as almost every TTM is at least a long pass, the -1 modifier would mean you need a 6 for an accurate throw whether you have ag1 or ag2. I'd never take +AG on an ag1 big guy - it is meaningless for TTM unless he rolls another.
Corneto25

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

dont take +ma or +ag on Black Orc Blockers, ever.

on blitzers i would reconsider... i have 2 with +ma and would probably be happier with a skill instead.
s3g

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

isn't a fumble "rolling 1 or less AFTER modifiers"? not just a natural 1?

so it does decrease the chance of a fumble
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on how you want to play your team. If you're thinking long-term development keep in mind not every elf team out there will be eager to play your 8-9MB power house. (4mb blitzers, 4 mb blockers, 1 troll). Taking +MA/+AG on blockers isn't a bad thing, those SPP's will come if you're patient. So I'd decide whether you intend to bash your way to stardom, or try a running/passing game with minimal MB/DP, or a combination of both.

If Bashing, for your blitzers I'd say it's a toss up between MB/Tackle/Guard or MB/Guard/Tackle for your first 3 skills. If not, drop MB altogether and opt for skills like Strip Ball and Shadowing. Your Blockers depend on your playing style. If you intend on challenging anything/everything, give them Block/MB/Guard/Tackle. Otherwise Block/Guard/Tackle/Break Tackle.

And for whoever said they'd ignore doubles on blitzers/blockers, are you mad? With skills like Frenzy/Dodge/Stand Firm to choose from, you can greatly improve your chances of having a team capable of dominating.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

s3g wrote:
isn't a fumble "rolling 1 or less AFTER modifiers"? not just a natural 1?

so it does decrease the chance of a fumble

i fail to see where modifiers are influenced in any way by one's agility ?

edit: i made the maths for a long pass TTM (that is up to 7 squares away)...

AG 1 => TARGET 6. penalty = -1. success on a 6, fumble on a 1,2.
AG 2 => TARGET 5. penalty = -1. success on a 6, fumble on a 1,2.
AG 3 => TARGET 4. penalty = -1. success on a 5,6, fumble on a 1,2.

for long bomb (that is up to 10 squares):

AG 1 => TARGET 6. penalty = -2. success on a 6, fumble on a 1,2,3.
AG 2 => TARGET 5. penalty = -2. success on a 6, fumble on a 1,2,3.
AG 3 => TARGET 4. penalty = -2. success on a 6, fumble on a 1,2,3.

the conclusion being AG3 on TTM can be useful, but AG2 is the same as AG1, except when throwing up to 3 squares (which is nearly useless ^^)

Last edited by G_u_s on %b %10, %2004 - %19:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
bigdog

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

If i rolled doubles I would take Frenzy on BOB in place of Standfirm. Both are good. Frenzy is just more fun.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

G_u_s wrote:
the conclusion being AG3 on TTM can be useful, but AG2 is the same as AG1, except when throwing up to 3 squares (which is nearly useless ^^)

Ouch! - That are bad news for my AG2 Troll in my snotling team. Shocked
G_u_s

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

you can always hope for a second 5+6 Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

just hope the strong arm in the vault gets in soon
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think that ag2 is heaps better then ag1.

Your quick passes and smaller ranged throws are effected. You only have to chuck a guy four squares if he can run 6 or 8 then he is at the try line.

Plus on a double roll you could go for accurate with ag+ that then allows for an advantage.

If you are long bombing your Gobbos then your in trouble.
Squiggy

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Except you can't use accurate on a TTM. only pass (which allows a reroll to a pass action) or pro (which gives you the chance to reroll anything 1/2 the time).

All other skills for throwing mention "the ball" and unfortunately, a goblin doesn't count as a ball.

stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I higly disagree that TTM for relatively short passes is useless. I have stopped many boxes by throwing a gobo or fairy or whatever into a box and the scatter either taking out the ball carrier or a side of the box.

Did I miss something in the vault? Strong arm offers nothing new where I read it..

+MA or +AG on a blitzer...toatally worth it...
+MA or +AG on a BoB...total waste of a skill...
IMHO
 Jump to: