37 coaches online • Server time: 09:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sparta

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes, when the weather is bad and i'm staring at the clouds above I start wondering...well...eh...actually I don't. It just blitzed my mind, but anyway...

What happened to the old bloodbowl game?

I'm talking about the all blitzing, mighty blow lvl 4, chailsaw wielding lineman, headtossing, wolf urinating, mutating, ganging up, skeletoncannon and ultra violence powered game that once was the best game around?

Well, I know that the new one is a better game. More balanced and all that, but anyway.

I still miss the blood of the ball game. Nothin like a chaos human mutant and an ogre blitzer ganging up a werewolf and then covering the refs line of sight with a chainsaw wielding skaven lineman as you stomp the little doggie to oblivion.

It might just be me missing all this, but I hardly think so. There must be more of you out there who, when sleeping your way through a boring game, start remembering the good old days. The time when everything was ok and you got an extra reroll for dragging a severed head into your side of the pitch.

The game Blood Bowl is better today, but not as wierd. And sometimes, just sometimes, wierd is far more worth than good.

// Sparta
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll tell ya what happened.........no i wont, but with half the whining that goes on now when some one fouls...could you imagine if these guys played second edition..... Actually they probably wouldnt *its to violent and my team might die*.... I loved second ed...Should be called poof bowl now tbh or handbag bowl due to the fact with every update more blood seems to leave.
And now we are going to get a long list of posts about how i'm wrong and now its more about sportsmanship and being nice and team building.......
My 2 cents then....if its all about this last point then dont call it blood bowl anymore.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Cute girly Zy-Nox.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the "tournament-syndrome". Seen it happen with several games. When any given game are getting balanced to fit for tournament-style playing, it loses all weirdiness. Happened to Magic:the Gathering about the time of 4th edition. Been happening to Warhammer Fantasy and 40k. Never played BB in it's first incarnation, but what I've heard about it seems same goes with it. Of course it's more fun if the teams are balanced, but if you're not playing to win at all cost, just for fun, the weird elements are just great.
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

well, I honestly don't miss the second edition.
Matches way too long often decided by the lasting 4 players on the pitch...

First edition was fun!

marco

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to reply, but I was hypnotised by the jiggling...
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, I miss those days as well. Casaulties from fouling was great! Surprised Blood everywhere! They should have just decreased player cost to make up for all the injuries/death. And relax, I'm not saying those rules should be re-instated, god knows what the Fumbbl community would do. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The point is do you want to play warhammer battle on a square field or do you want to play a violent ball game?

For myself it s pretty clear... i want to play a ball game with some violence in it.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Err.. No, I don't miss those days very much. Mighty kick lvl 4, overpowered? Noooo...
Would be cool if they reintroduced kickers though, with some more balanced kicker skills. Probably the reason people miss it is because you only remember the cool stuff and funny moments. I'd rather have a game where skill determines the outcome (most of the time anyway).

Would be fun to play 2nd edition once or twice for a laugh, but I don't really miss it.
NECROSTONE

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

"sniff" those wonderful days ..........death and chainsaw weilding till u couldnt move on the pitch without slipping on the blood ......and the ball being turned into random (usually explosive) objet d'art...
great days!!!
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

2nd edition was so clumsy and boring in comparison to the current edition that I doubt anyone would ever play a second game voluntarily if he/she knew the current rules.
Goallie11

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats all this about exploding balls and blood on the pitch?
Squaq

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny that all the wierdness from the 2nd edition was put into event cards - and now they are gone along with the wierdness.

Yeah - I miss some of the wierdness - hail to the stuntyleague Smile
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw roll 6,6 target has been decapitated......God i loved that. lol

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2004 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

2 ed. was like Zy-Nox's girl, she's VERY unbalanced and jiggling and wobbling all over the place, but with enough skill she actually manages to get by....she'd make a great 2.ed coach.....god I miss those days too.....