16 coaches online • Server time: 03:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tank

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I vaguely remember having something intellegent and well constructed to articulate, that was pertinent to this thread and... and erm.... Shocked

...And now im utterly enthralled by Zy's girly mod.
Nice one Zy-Nox Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I still have 2nd ed.

And i only play the new rules because i want to play fumbbl.
Without fumbbl i really would play the old rules, i made some rule by my own for tournaments.

If you are interested, i can scan the rules and send a pdf, but i'm not sure if it's legal. have to check this first.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Would you? Great!

Just remembered another cool feature the 2nd ed. had. Rookies and starplayer potential, and the skills were random. Wonderful! And what happened to the AG block you could make once per turn? Was it called gliding tackle? Don't remeber.

And don't come whining about it's only luck if you can't choose your skills bla bla...

Look at any ST 5 AG 4 bull centaur and tell me again that luck has nothing to do with the current edition.

// Sparta
ChristianKnudsen

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I played 2nd ed in a variety of leagues for about 5 yrs, 89-94, and it was bar none my favourite game.

When GW came out with 3rd ed I thought it was terrible - a relatively solid game was cast into chaos, and how we hated the 8 turn and turnover rules. Thanks to this, and some other circumstances, I stopped playing until about a week ago.

I think that for the most part 4th ed is fantastic, and the way it plays is probably closer to the spirit of the game, in a way. I remember games going on for hour after hour, becoming a gigantic foul-fest with teams spending massive amounts on ref bribes, and casualties becoming unsustainable, especially for more lightly armoured teams.

Still, it was easier on the brain (no agonizing over where to blitz, just the diving block, or whatever it was called) and the chainsaws were fun...

I wonder if someone could tinker with the client to make it more second editiony - move seperated, no turnovers, no assists but gangups, throw/handoff ends turn, etc.
albator2001

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you all kids ?

I miss the 1st Edition !

Blood Bowl was a game totally different. And very fun !
milnestar

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh them were the days, mummies and treemen counted as 3 players ! Class ! 'flings would run off for hot dogs, men would change into wolves, and even the ball could injure you !

What I miss above all except the carnage is... being able to create whatever team you wanted. The use of racial dislikes and animosity meant you could field mixed race teams to varied effect. So for example ( cant remember but ) if dwarves suffered animosity to orcs, they would not play with them, but if they disliked elves they would play with them, but would effect roll's such as pass etc. If races liked each other all was fine. There was none of this limit on players like in Chaos PAct or Old World - you were in control. The best bit was they would fight with each other in the dug-out !

BRING BACK PRONE BLOCK ! Essentially fouling used to be an accepted part of the game. Just change the name of fouling to Prone Block and give out SPP's for it, then everyone would do it !

Rarr - 3 mummies on the field with 2 skelly's THEY WERE MAD OLD DAYS Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

lol.. prone block, that's awesome Milnestar. Wink

Hey, Mirascael.. thought you left? Still checking up now and then? You should come back, Evangelists just aren't the same y'know. Your skaven never did get that rematch in. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody played 1st Edition ?

It was very funny.

I don't played 2nd Edition.

For years, I don't played BB.

I discovered Fumbbl last year.
mUst

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Need i say TITAN TEAM omg, that was awesome Very Happy
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Mahok wrote:
I still have 2nd ed.

And i only play the new rules because i want to play fumbbl.
Without fumbbl i really would play the old rules, i made some rule by my own for tournaments.

If you are interested, i can scan the rules and send a pdf, but i'm not sure if it's legal. have to check this first.

HELL YEAH!!!

I'd love a copy of the old rules that would be amazing Very Happy

3rd edition was great too, I really miss the special play cards, spps for fouling and the mess chaos teams made. No one moaned about fouling because you got spps and woodelves were best at it. Shocked

With every subsiquent edition Games Workshop dilute the game further to make it more appealing to the mass market. Its sad that the game is becoming increasingly generic so much that for the first time since I can remember the game is actually losing its appeal.

One look at the fools posting on the vault makes me incredibly depressed.
Mad

I'm also sick of people telling people who enjoyed playing the old game to join the OLBBL, its really badly run and I'd miss the fumbbl community (sniff).

I've stated this point in a few posts before but I would really like to be able to play with some of the older rules on fumbbl. I realise not everyone will like the old rules but not everyone likes divx, stunty leeg or faction. People have different tastes.

Fumbbl is an amazing site and I'm gratefull to the friend who told me about it. I think fumbbl could appeal to everone and destroy its rivals in the process by appealing to everyone. Just implament a new division for each rules edition and update the client.

If that happened GW can do whatever they want as people have got more choice - New rules couldn't bother people if they're not being shoved down our throats. Crying or Very sad

Basically if Christer decided to implament this I would be happy to donate serious cash to the site to keep it going and to pay for any updates. From other forum posts and from talking to people in chat I know other coaches would do the same.

So cmon admin guys lets be the best - i'll give you my firstborn child, and possibly a little kiss too Wink
SteelJoker

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey!

I learned to play BB with 3rd. Ed. We built a league with some extras from 2nd. We got some stats of Big Guys 'n Stuff. THAT was great. We played with this rules and some expansions until last year or so.
Last Year i bought 4th Ed. It's also quite cool. The Handicap table is an adequate alternative to the Cards. Because this Cards tend to be get lost and not everyone had the Deathzonebox. That's not so funny if you play with 6 to 8 teams at once...
Aging sucks. But no one forces you to play with that. So i'd be glad if i just could play with 4th Ed. rules. And what's that fouling brings no SPP??? I think i have to have a closer look to the ruleset... We seldom foul out of strategic reasons. It always was a way to gain some SPP wit your last move that turn. For what reason you should foul else? (Sure, if you get this nasty Gutter Runner it's not just for SPP...)

We found the Java Blood Bowl Client. Me and a friend tried it out and we both considered it a good thing. We were wondering about some 'Bugs' but it was ok. Then we wondered about how to advance Players. So i found FUMBBL. I signed up, checked it out and the friend of mine even signed up. We did some games, still wondering about some 'Bugs'. But it was ok. We thought about doing our BB League via FUMBBL because all of our players went to live and work in other towns the last years. FUMMBL seemed a good choice. Meanwhile i learned the 'bugs' are rules. That was not ok. Boy, what a disappointment.

I checked out what the Client can do for me to experience the 'Blood Bowl Feeling' again. But it's quite disappointing. I like to use the 4th Ed. (2002 rules) Even if they are hidden behind the LRB 2002 Option the Game has some bugs. Ever noticed that the game let's a player fumble on a modified roll of 1 or less?? MY rules point out a fumble is a UNMODIFIED roll of 1. I couldn't beat that out of the game. (I know. It's one of this silly new rules now...) Since it's not Open Source i hadn't changed it, out of respect for SkiJunkie's work.

So I can only say: Respect to christer for FUMBBL, respect to SkiJunie for this great BB Client, but sadly it's not exactly what I'm (we are) looking for. And even if I use this great Progs (which i do!!) there's always some kind of bitter taste. This nerving feeling that you are missing something...
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I still miss the days when you could have a 6ST, Jump up, Block, Piling On Mummy... or Frenzying for your entire movement. Back when Stilleto was a feared dirty trick (niggled Morg on 1st turn blitz to start a season with a skelo and a stilleto).
'That boy's got talent!'- gimpy lino runs off the pitch with the ball to get you a new player Smile

There are also things I don't miss though...
Fans having Mighty Blow...
Bad Habits... Bankruptcy...Kidnapped coach... stupid Pit Trap or Trampolene and so much more...

The game has changed alot and mostly for the better. I only hope that we can look back on the upcomming changes and say the same thing...
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

stargzrrag wrote:
I still miss the days when you could have a 6ST, Jump up, Block, Piling On Mummy... or Frenzying for your entire movement. Back when Stilleto was a feared dirty trick (niggled Morg on 1st turn blitz to start a season with a skelo and a stilleto).
'That boy's got talent!'- gimpy lino runs off the pitch with the ball to get you a new player Smile

There are also things I don't miss though...
Fans having Mighty Blow...
Bad Habits... Bankruptcy...Kidnapped coach... stupid Pit Trap or Trampolene and so much more...

The game has changed alot and mostly for the better. I only hope that we can look back on the upcomming changes and say the same thing...

See all those examples were funny Laughing

Fun players
Interesting events
Amusing card results (I loved the dirty tricks)

Keep it all!

What a shame Sad
SteelJoker

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I loved that card that allowed one of your players to sneak through tunnels onto the field. It was too cool to see the face of your enemy when suddenly a 12th player (Halfling!!) appeared in his half just to make a touchdown...

And everybody was keen on the magic helmet because the +1 AV was permanent...
(just one helmet per player and 10 was the limit)
LordBhorak

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2004 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

As being a newbie here, I assume, that this game was something like that in the past... If so, then I must say, that I like this version much more (as a former Blood Bowl 'the board game' player). And for the record: Yes, I own 2 undead teams and like killing other team, but it wouldn't be fun if it would be too easy.
Think about this: Opponent has a player worth 350k and you have a change to foul him with 4players assisting... Go for the kill and see the opposing coach cry blood.

Yep... I'm a dirty player. Twisted Evil
 Jump to: