18 coaches online • Server time: 06:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like Matt is taking a loss while playing for a tie...yet again.
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
I have deep respect for the people who run leagues, draw logos for others, help out with bbcode queries or just answer questions on the forums. These are the people who make the community we have here great and in turn make newcomers feel welcome to the site.

Think I will reup my "Donor Status."

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 21:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

OK, now that I'm properly awake, I've done a full timeline and review (with comments in italics) on how the lead-up to the ridiculous OP occurred.

2019-08-31. Game is paused, due to opponent dropping out.

2019-08-31 15:57:07 PM sent to opponent

2019-08-31 16:11:16. Support ticket filed
This is jumping the gun a bit, disconnection rules say file a ticket if you want the game cancelled; or "2.1 ...First you must send your opponent a PM asking to continue the game - include what times you will be available.
2.2a If your opponent does not respond within 24 hours, or retires his team, then submit a support ticket by filling out this form..."
So, involving admin a wee bit early.

2019-09-01? myself and one other admin invited to the PM
Support tickets are to the whole admin team, you can't pick and choose who you want to deal with your ticket.

2019-09-01 14:07:35, PM sent to me, followed by a 1 line update at 14:10:37
Again this is not choose your favorite admin. Also less than 24hrs since the support ticket filed.

2019-09-02 09:35:40, I take on the support ticket and indicate that I will deal with it.

2019-09-02 09:40:47 I send a PM to the other coach

2019-09-02 13:50:22, Matt replies to the support ticket PM
2019-09-02 13:59:13, Matt replies to the support ticket PM
2019-09-02 15:17:26, Matt replies to the support ticket PM

Sep 02, 2019 - 15:23, Matt goes public.

I'm not going to delve into this thread, it's (unfortunately) open for all to see.

I don't think admin were particularly tardy in dealing with this. There are a bunch of tickets, and there are some you can knock off quite quickly (e.g. ruleset mismatches). Others, like this one, will take a bit more time and effort. Involve admin when you can't sort it out yourself, but please try to sort it out yourself and give it a bit of time. When this fails, involve admin. Be polite, not demanding.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this the new CPOMB thread?

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 22:20
FUMBBL Staff

I Think Matt should be offered a full refund.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Now, I'm a poor English writer, for sure, but as far as I know starting a sentence with "please" means that it's not an order, but a kind request.

English doesn't really work like that. The context and how you say it matters.

The "please" is better than no "please", but it won't count for much if people don't like your tone.

If you are telling someone else how to do their job, the chances of them not liking your tone is pretty high however nicely you say it.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
...There are a bunch of tickets, and there are some you can knock off quite quickly (e.g. ruleset mismatches).

Are there many ruleset mismatches?

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
ramchop wrote:
...There are a bunch of tickets, and there are some you can knock off quite quickly (e.g. ruleset mismatches).

Quite a few to be fair

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
koadah wrote:
ramchop wrote:

Quite a few to be fair

Maybe the new game finder will fix this Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 22:45
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:
ramchop wrote:

Yes. Secret League (anything) vs League Khorne/Brett/Simyin is probably the most common.
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

50% of those are me trying to use a Dwarf team against a Stunty Leeg team

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
koadah wrote:
ramchop wrote:

Yes. Secret League (anything) vs League Khorne/Brett/Simyin is probably the most common.

I guess that a special rule to allow ruleset 303 to play vs ruleset 6 would save everyone a load of grief. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

First post I have ever thought "I would like to see this post locked".
It will run its course.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Just because you don't see action happening, doesn't mean that action isn't happening. Admins do many things a day that we are oblivious to. The site does not generally let coaches know of actions taken against other coaches or the status of other coaches unless necessary.

2. The more you do to aide the smooth running of the site (even if that means taking your lumps on the odd situation) the smoother it'll run. Making admin bashing topics will waste time and add to problematic problems.

I think Matt (looking at this situation and looking at your oppo); if you do things by the book, it'll help the site and other coaches (and maybe your oppo too), as clearly direction is needed here.

TLDR
If all coaches did things by the book, they'd be less problems and less snowballs.
smallman

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep in mind there would be plenty of these going unreported. I have had a team locked up for 6 months, due to a very deliberate leaver, that i was hoping he would man up instead of making me bother admin. I will do ticket now.
 Jump to: