36 coaches online • Server time: 14:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 02:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
Keep in mind there would be plenty of these going unreported.

That depends on your definition of "plenty"

~200 games per day. Open tickets generally sit between 10 and 20 (got it below 10 for a while last week). And tickets are certainly not all about dropped games.

For clarity that's 10-20 currently open, not 10-20/day. I've got 2 or 3 in that tally that I've sat on for months due to various reasons (e.g. complainant not replying to request for more info)

The vast majority of coaches are very good.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 02:55
FUMBBL Staff

PurpleChest wrote:
I Think Matt should be offered a full refund.

So you mean reset all games/teams/stats/ELO to new coach?

Why the heckles does anyone care what the OP posts in the forum just to be the squeaky wheel... instead of wasting your time reading and responding to whines and moans just play more games!
tussock

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to say how wonderful this site is that a coach could go over a year at around a game every day and not have any serious problem with people finishing games.

Like, that's absolutely outstanding. Good luck getting this one in too, Matt, what a wonderful report about the site, that everything here is working that well.

Thanks FUMBBL Staff, always been treated so well with any problems I've had too, even when the problem was me. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:

Why the heckles does anyone care what the OP posts in the forum just to be the squeaky wheel... instead of wasting your time reading and responding to whines and moans just play more games!

+1

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

appreciate the info ramchop, but its irrelevant to how many of these get unreported. I might not have been clear though. 'These' refering to games that get abandoned and unfinished. Stats on scheduled games not relating to a tournament would be interesting.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 04:55
FUMBBL Staff

OK, here is some more insight that might answer your question. There are currently 1244 unfinished games over the past 1740 days. 0.7 games/day.

Which if we pick an approximate average of 200 games per day, is a failure rate of ~0.4%.

I might be reading these stats wrong. But that doesn't seem too bad to me.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 05:01 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
I just want to say how wonderful this site is that a coach could go over a year at around a game every day and not have any serious problem with people finishing games.

Make that 601 games for me.

Since 2008.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

.7 games a day sounds like an annoying waste of admins time to me. I'd expect it to be quite a bit less if there was a well known zero tolerance type policy.

On boardgamearena.com you get banned from chatting in games if more than 20% of players have given you a red thumb (dislike playing vs). I consider this pathetically extreme, but I think fumbbl should be closer to this level of zero tolerance.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 07:28
FUMBBL Staff

smallman wrote:
.7 games a day sounds like an annoying waste of admins time to me.

Thank you for your concern for our well being. Much appreciated.
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see a problem here.

The admin, in this case ramchop, is dealing with Matt's support ticket. The correct procedure for such events has been followed as per the site rules, which are clearly stated.

The only part that is different, is it has been followed by a public forum.

If Matt doesn't like the rules, as they are clearly stated, or how the administrators way of dealing with it, then he should make his own blood bowl site, perhaps he could call it MattBBL. Then he could make and enforce the rules as he sees fit. A rule might be: if you are disconnected, or do not finish your game you will be banned for life, or publicly flayed, or have a rude email sent to you.

Personally, I'll stick with fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
I Think Matt should be offered a full refund.

NEVER go full retard.

Oh - you said refund...

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

lol I am incapable of being civil to my opponent that deliberately avoids finishing game for over 6 months, so admin cancel the game, and reprimand me 'your attitude in the PM was abrasive, verging on abusive.'

Hilarious. If you get a matchup in box you don't like, just don't turn up.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Update (because truth must be told): I was spectating my opponent playing another Box game (in a frustrated mood), and in the specs chat I luckily found his father, who very kindly apologized, understood the issue and told him to rejoin the game, who was finished normally and without any further delay. My opponent, even if he had read the PM, was genuinely unaware of FUMBBL etiquette about abandoning games and resuming them.
All sorted in civil way, thanks to both of them!

P.S. I apologized with my opponent too because I wrongly thought he wasn't rejoining the game on purpose.
Harad

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with the people who are a problem is that they don't realise they are the problem otherwise the problem would cease to exist. The people who would realise they were the problem and so would stop being the problem aren't the problem in the first place.

Do these people think they live in a conspiracy where they are right, reasonable and smart and everyone else is against them however smart, kind and thoughtful?
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
The problem with the people who are a problem is that they don't realise they are the problem otherwise the problem would cease to exist.

I think you just hit the nail on the head.

Harad wrote:
Do these people think they live in a conspiracy where they are right, reasonable and smart and everyone else is against them however smart, kind and thoughtful?

Hit it several times.

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %03, %2019 - %15:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: