15 coaches online • Server time: 06:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is the new Piling On rule overpowered?
Yes - strength teams were too good already before this.
53%
 53%  [ 31 ]
Yes - but I hate elves so much I'm in favour of it.
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
No - but I only play against halflings anyway.
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Definitely not - whatever rate players die will balance itself.
31%
 31%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 58

Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Brithnoth thats why i said Take Grapple on both down results you both go down but you dont roll armor or injury so PO wont hurt that bad
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Then I foul you - 11/36 ejection, 10/36 casualty assuming I surround you fully first. Plus now you can't even apoth the player to keep him on the field.

Also I'm curious what you are going to to with the prone opponent - foul back? Then to get assists you have to stand your players up again.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

you surround one guy and foul him and I score with one of my other players i have a lot of them on the pitch
marcusbay

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

this Grapple skill seems stupid, how does a str 3 human grapple a mummy to the ground? maybe a str + d6 roll would be good..

can big guys get block from doubles?
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but I don't see them taking it. I would take either frenzy or pro and with juggernaut, blitz with them often.

The only real loss for BG so far is the lack of tackle.
SteelJoker

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

hey, boys, im just wondering about you. why should piling on be overpowered? the actual piling on rule is for sissys (reroll armor) the new one isn't better (reroll armor or injury) there's just one piling on: add str to armor roll. i really wonder what this LRB stuff is? fumbling if you roll a 1 or less after modification, wild animal standing around and doing nothing... a fumble is a unmodified roll of 1. a wild animal is a player that has to move first, block if he is next to an opponent and can't be supportet.

i just don't want to mention all the other rules that are modified. do you want to play Blood Bowl or tabletop soccer?

i like this FUMBBL thing. but i really do not like the rules. unfortunately it's the only way to play Blood Bowl on my computer or even online...
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I just read this whole thread and i have to say, have any of you ever played this game before? Never have i seen an argument that was so awefull on both sides. Give all your players jump up and just keep them all prone to avoid getting blocked? Are you crazy? There is nothing i can say about this logic except that i'd like you try it in a game against me.

On the other side i have to say i find britnoths math highly suspect. For one thing, 48 blocks a game in bashy vs elf seems pretty high to me unless the elf coach is retarded and 30 out of 48 blocks resulting in knockdowns against elves is just plain crazy. 3 blocks a turn is high to begin with if your using po mb on all those blocks since half your team will be on the ground at the start of every turn. The arrival at the conclusion that it would average out to 9 casualties a game is just a radically blown out of proportion number. On top of that you seem convinced that juggernaught is just as good as block for big boys but it only works on a blitz and blitzing with big boys is a bad idea if you can avoid it since your looking at a 1/6 chance of losing your blitz action. Finally, can anyone in a forum make a poll that doesn't involve all completely biased answers?

Po and mb does give you a high chance at causing a cas but going prone is still a high price to pay for it and i think the vault incarnation is a happy middle ground between the old overpowered po and the current worthless version. This will make a po a skill that is worth considering rather than just a dud that no one ever picks. On top of this the new injury table and the new niggling injury rules are much, much more forgiving than the old one used to be which is a big help to elves. Overall i would say that the rules are a huge step in the right direction towards balancing bashy and scoring teams with one huge oversite. The apothocary being downgraded to just rerolling the injury is fine by me if your allowed to hire multiples but the price needs to go down, 50k for a less powerfull apo every game is way to much money.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

SteelJoker wrote:
hey, boys, im just wondering about you. why should piling on be overpowered? the actual piling on rule is for sissys (reroll armor) the new one isn't better (reroll armor or injury) there's just one piling on: add str to armor roll. i really wonder what this LRB stuff is? fumbling if you roll a 1 or less after modification, wild animal standing around and doing nothing... a fumble is a unmodified roll of 1. a wild animal is a player that has to move first, block if he is next to an opponent and can't be supportet.

i just don't want to mention all the other rules that are modified. do you want to play Blood Bowl or tabletop soccer?

i like this FUMBBL thing. but i really do not like the rules. unfortunately it's the only way to play Blood Bowl on my computer or even online...

You need to go to www.bloodbowl.com and read the rules for the game. These aren't just some rules that fumbbl made up the lrb is the official games workshop rule book for the game and fumbbl follows the official rules as closely as possible.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I know perfectly well what the LRB is. Don't worry about that. But my 2003 Rulebook is the way I play Blood Bowl. This new LRB Stuff is mostly crap. That's all i said. And i'm just wondering if it's possible to use the BB Client to play 'real' Blood Bowl. Not this actual cut down versions...

I learned to play a Blood Bowl where Players with flying tackle blocked opposing players entering their tackling zone. Now it's diving tackle and more like the real football/rugby tackle. I just sense a change towards rules that often take the fun out of the game. Sure, some things were too hard to let them be, but these new rules are somewhat 'unfunny'.
Where is the fun in rerolling an armor roll? Sure it's better than a missed armor roll. But it just doesn't make it really easier to get through the heavy armored guys. It's just more fun to decide to go prone before the armor roll and to have a bonus on the roll. The injury roll decides if this was a good idea.
And where's the fun in Treemen beeing virtually unable to throw a halfling, because it's almost automatically a fumble? (I still wonder why a fumbled Halfling, hurting himself, is not a turn over) Sure Halflings, Goblins and stuff are not designed to be winning teams. But this takes a lot of excitement out of the game.

That's why i say FUMBBL is great, the Client is great, but i wish i could play 'my' Blood Bowl the same way. And i can't understand why someone even comes to the idea that this new Piling On is overpowered. It's just not Piling On. There are other things to complain about.

And what i really hate: Percentage! The old blabla combo has a XX% to do this and that. And now this new skill increases/decreases the chance to YY%... Pew. Who cares? That's not fun, that's boring. If i want to do things like this, i go and play BattleTech and not Blood Bowl. (wich I do regularly)

Now take a Bloodweiser or a Bugmann's and go playing some mean Blood Bowl!
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can use the clients options to adjust the rules you play by, but obviously you cant use them here.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay go SteelJoker!

These new rules do suck. It would be nice to have a new division on fumbbl where old skool coaches could go to get thir kicks.

This game used to be really exciting and the vault rules look like watering the rules down even more than the LRB (which is saying something).

We should be able to preserve bloodbowl as it was meant to be played, tactical, challenging, colorfull and fun.

/me give the vault the finger
Bah who needs ya? Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

'bump'

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Go! SteelJoker Go!

I have always wonderd why some ppl must always fix something that isn't broken.
The New vault rules Sucks!
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

They have to fix things that "aren't broken" for a very important reason. As much as we may bitch and whine and have this irrational fear of any type of change the fact is if the rules stayed the same forever the game would just get stagnant and no one would play. The game has to grow and change with time to keep it from getting old, if you don't believe me go into your closet and look at all those boardgames that have been gathering dust for years, there rules worked just fine and they haven't changed a bit so why aren't you playing them anymore? Fact is change isn't good or bad, it's essential to survival in real life and in silly board games.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

(edited)

Last edited by Glomp on %b %17, %2004 - %20:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: