38 coaches online • Server time: 00:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Some guy was moaning in chat a while ago about the terrible game he'd played against a new player. The player rolled mostly pows, consistantly dodged through tacklezones with zombies and was genrally amazingly lucky.

After whining for a while Trog steps in and tells us all that the client has a feature that weights the luck heavily in favour of new players! Shocked

I, of coure initially thought this was a joke until I remembered the luck some of the less capable opponents seem to have against me, and the luck I seem to have against the better ones.

This really him home when my 120 ish TR dwarfs played a similar Tr team with 1 Mummy and the rest of the team skeletons!!! Laughing

Easy win thinks me (I didn't check his roster beforehand and was genuinly surprised)...

16 nightmare turns later I managed to scrape a draw, never seem so many opponents pows in my life, 1dbs had my team spend most of the game on the floor. The skellies were dodging consistantly and picking the ball up in tacklezones.

On the otherhand I rolled 4 lots of double skulls, countless double 1's and countless SKULL/POW SKULLS. Luck I was playing with dwarfs really. Shocked

This was the craziest game i've ever seen let alone played, if I knew how to post the link I would.

Anyone else experienced this? I still think its a joke and i'm imagining things but feedback would be good.

If this is the case why the hell is that feature there - its amazingly unfair since it seems to have no logical idea of who is a new player and who isn't
Stop it! Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing
Petter

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Trog was joking of course.

Duh.
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you know?

I think its a conspiracy.

Theyre all watching me.

brrrr Shocked
Tymless

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Paranoia will destroy ya!

I think trog also said in the chat that they only got extra luck on 2d roles against them.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Trust me. I am still fairly new and still unlucky overall.
No such thing as favouritism for newbies....
Dooby

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

lol watch out on April 1st thats all I can say
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

No no, it's true. It's all true. The client is weighted in favor of newbie coaches.

I can't say much here because this board is not encrypted but I have my hands on Ski's java source code. If you check line by line you can see it open an I/O thread to fumbbl to check coach records from the MySQL database that back-ends it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go drink some pudding and take a Jello-O bath. Also, I think my cat's on fire . . .
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

banana_fish900 wrote:
No no, it's true. It's all true. The client is weighted in favor of newbie coaches.

I can't say much here because this board is not encrypted but I have my hands on Ski's java source code. If you check line by line you can see it open an I/O thread to fumbbl to check coach records from the MySQL database that back-ends it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go drink some pudding and take a Jello-O bath. Also, I think my cat's on fire . . .

AH HA!!! proof now we just need to overthrow our evil overlords and keep useless people ehere they belong - under my boot!

Viva la revolution! Twisted Evil
SteelJoker

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm.

Maybe the prog rolls in favour of one player. But maybe not because he's a noob...

Twisted Evil
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe Jinxed- maybe it is still in your favor, and your normal luck is exceptionally bad...

Twisted Evil
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah my lucks usually average with the occasional abberation.

This is something else.

Something sinister. Shocked

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

blame the elves!

better:*singing* Blame Canada!
quota

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2004 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Tymless wrote:
Paranoia will destroy ya!

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2004 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It reminds me of when I thought all my failed GFI rolls were a little bit suspicious. They appeared after I had had an argument with an admin funnily enough. I tripped so much on my gfi's that I started to take notes. After 200 gfi rolls made I had failed a whole 32%, after another 100 it was down to 28% after I had a "luck" streak. Now this is really odd considered it's a lot of rolls and the deviation is WAY too high. I've stopped to keep track, all I know is that now, a few months later, my gfi rolls are back to normal. Anyone may draw their own conclusion from this Razz
 Jump to: