15 coaches online • Server time: 06:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to me like Dwarves are stuffed in BB2020. The new "jump" rules are a real boost to faster and particularly more agile teams. Static lines of defense and scrimmages will no longer be effective, rather fluid and deeper defence may be necessary. Dwarves will struggle in this environment - they're lack of speed makes them poor at dynamically adjusting defence and bunched up scrimmages where their guard players are effective will be obsolete tactics.

Can Dwarves adapt to the new ruleset? Or will this firmly establish them as a tier 2 team?

Oscar Wilde
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt that Dwarves will be bad in regular League play as they will suffer very little casualties. They still have at least four agility 3+ players that can Jump if necessary and even 4+ will get a Dwarf blocker jumping half the time or 3/4 of the time with a RR.

You might need to skill your players a bit differently if the game actually become more mobile... but to be honest I don't think it is that much of a big deal to be honest.
stowelly

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice bait 😂
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. They also lack a dedicated passing positional or any catcher type player, so they can't take advantage of the new improved passing mechanic that will dominate the new meta.

The 2-1 grind is dead, folks.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

They are only as slow as you want them to be under the new rules where you can also take +stat skills by choice.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

We can only hope Very Happy
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
I agree. They also lack a dedicated passing positional or any catcher type player, so they can't take advantage of the new improved passing mechanic that will dominate the new meta.

The 2-1 grind is dead, folks.

It certainly will not be dead... Wink

There might be some changes though if your league give you +1 league point for scoring 3 or more touchdowns in a game as is an option for league play.

That might mean that teams that can win games with three touchdowns or more might have a good chance to be ahead in the league.

But you also get one extra league point if you do at least three casualties as well which favours the grind, so perhaps not.

If using the optional rules you can actually get up to 6 league point from a single game.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Dorfs are small beardy losers
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2020 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

stowelly wrote:
Nice bait 😂

+1

Dwarves are probably the biggest winner.
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2020 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed. Most of the time the Jumping is worse than regular dodging. Jumping over a prone player into a cage with an AG4 (2+) player is 5+. Is nice for last minute desperate play, but not to be used regularly.

In fact the greatest losers of the new rules are the wardancers, that now have to apply negative modifiers to their jump. This, combined with now poor throwing abilities (and catchers being worse one turner without sprint) makes wood elves the greatest losers.

Last edited by Niessuh on %b %13, %2020 - %09:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2020 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

They also don't have access to the sleeper of the edition; sneaky git. And even if they did, they don't have the move to truly unlock its potential in the way that human foulers (they are called catchers atm, but the rebranding is coming) can. Combine that with a helping of 'hard to benefit from random skills because I already have most of the good ones'. The future for the grumpy hairy folk is bleak.
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2020 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

And dwarf are the biggest winners IMHO. With the end of clawpombing they were at the top of the hill already, but some new mechanics makes them even more outstanding:

-Fumblerooskie on both dwarf runners: better running game. You could reliabily "run" the ball through three players in one single turn!

-Rolling randomly upgrades at the ST skill table with dwarf lineman (after taking guard). faster and cheaper skill up.

-The new Pro + the new Break Tackle on Dwarf blitzers. Dodge like an elf with dodge (almost), completely ignore enemy tackle

-Guard bonus now could be used at fouling, and with pile driver you could foul several times per turn

So now dwarf are even more overpowered Wink
 Jump to: