45 coaches online • Server time: 09:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
historic

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible in BB2020 to use more than one team Reroll in the same turn for different actions?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Without seeing the rules directly, I'm still sure the answer is no. It would definitely have come up in discussions by now if the rule was changing
SkittleMosaic

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Gosh I hope that's right (it sure looks like it is :O )
cowhead

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking through the rules it does seem that it is possible to use more than 1 Team reroll a turn.

At least it doesn't say that you can't anywhere in the rulebook.

Re-Rolls

When rolling dice, it is common for things to go wrong! Fortunately, Blood Bowl allows for certain dice rolls to be re-rolled:

* The second result must always be accepted, even if it worse than the original result.

* A dice can never be re-rolled more than once, regardless of the source of the re-roll.

Skill Re-Rolls

Many players possess Skills that allow them to re-roll dice in a specific situation:

* Skill re-rolls can only be used as detailed in the Skill's description.

* Skill re-rolls can be used during either teams turns, as appropriate.

* When a dice pool is rolled, a Skill re-roll will allow only certain results to be re-rolled, as detailed in the Skill's description.

Team Re-Rolls

Every Blood Bowl team will have a number of team re-rolls to use during a game. A team will start each game with its full compliment of team re-rolls. Any used during the first half of the game are replenished in full at the start of the second half, but unused team re-rolls do not carry over from the first half to the second half (or from one fixture to the next in league play).

* Team re-rolls can only be used when a team is active,during its own team turn.

Team re-rolls cannot be used to re-roll:
        - Deviation, scatter or bounce rolls.
        Or:
        - Armour, Injury and Casualty rolls.

* When a dice pool is rolled, a team re-roll can be used. When a team re-roll is used, all of the dice in the dice poll must be re-rolled (not just those dice that show an undesirable result).

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming it doesn't get errata'ed, what are the implications? 4 rerolls becomes standard and less turnovers? Hoarding all your rerolls so you can go all in on one turn for a crazy play?
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes... the book seem to allow more the one TRR per turn... that had slipped past us... I guess we just assumed it was only one per turn. Can also be a mistake though...
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

pielover101 wrote:
Assuming it doesn't get errata'ed, what are the implications? 4 rerolls becomes standard and less turnovers? Hoarding all your rerolls so you can go all in on one turn for a crazy play?

Teams with cheap RR and access to cheap Leader can easily have 5 for a reasonable price if this is a thing...

It might also be why "Brilliant Coaching" has been moved to spot "7" on the Kick Off table and will also make Assistant Coaches more valuable.

It will also make riskier play more likely...
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that would be a huge change if true. Rerolls certainly become more valuable.

Chef becomes more important. I suspect it benefits agile teams (that are more likely to have multiple things go wrong in a turn). I also suspect many coaches will be tempted to burn through their rerolls very quickly...

Oscar Wilde
Izzinatah

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
Any used during the first half of the game are replenished in full at the start of the second half, but unused team re-rolls do not carry over from the first half to the second half (or from one fixture to the next in league play).

It also seems that while you replenish any spent re-rolls you lose any unspent ones, which is a strange change. It seems to me that they wanted to clarify that you don't get to keep them and replenish them, but made a mistake. I suspect this will be covered in errata/FAQ..
sann0638

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I am reliably told this will be adjusted in a GW FAQ.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I get the distinct impression that had the fumbbl community been shown the rules ahead of time a lot of broken rules and oversights would have been caught.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

There is that. Also applies to a significant number of the tournament community.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Slightly relatedly If you have brawler as a skill how does that interact with a team reroll? Can you use both? If so in what order?

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

you can't re-roll the same thing multiple times, so you couldn't use both.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
There is that. Also applies to a significant number of the tournament community.

True as well.