35 coaches online • Server time: 08:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wallace

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all, I haven't played here since [checks stats] 2011! At the time the FUMBBL rules where LRB6. I see that in the 13 years since, there has been a few new rules set, I think the most recent is BB2020 or maybe just BB2 rules that FUMBBL is using?

Is there a good concise summary of the changes between LRB6 and the current FUMBBL rule set? I tried search but couldn't find anything, though feels like an obvious thing to exist somewhere.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There are a LOT of little changes (way over 100). There are quite a few very big changes. That isn't including any 'obvious' changes like pricing differences, or skill changes. There are new skills, some old skills are gone. There are entirely new teams.

There are lots of write ups in various places, but I don't think any of them would remotely be 'concise' - there are simply too many changes for that.
Dynamix

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

A few major changes that come to mind:

Multiple re rolls allowed per turn.

A new passing stat, with dedicated throwers that tend to retain the same passing ability but the other positions have a much worse passing stat.

Passing rules major overhaul, with a wildly inaccurate element making a scatter possible many squares backwards from the thrower
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

How to skill is very different, where you pick your skill if you have the spp to pay (even secondary skills and to roll for a stat increase).

MA10 has been banned (capped at 9).

The game is mostly the same, but multiple RR makes desperate plays and 1-turning easier.

Some new skills are good, other are bogus. Defensive (cancel guard on their turn) is an interesting one.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I've written a long list of differences between LRB6 / BB2016 and BB 2020 there :

http://teamfrancebb.1fr1.net/t7051-principales-differences-entre-bb-2020-et-lrb-6-bb-2016

This is in french but, with a good translator, you should be able to understand.

This has been written at the end of 2020 so this does not include the new teams Spike magazines rules. Wink